What's new

Let's Explore This Terror Together: Scarecrow General Discussion

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
No.
Pushblock.
Aquaman is worse.
Stop posting things that clueless people will ask for nerfs.
If he will get nerfed i swear i don't know who all of you are, but i will find you, and i will vaporize you.

Stahp.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
No.
Pushblock.
Aquaman is worse.
Stop posting things that clueless people will ask for nerfs.
If he will get nerfed i swear i don't know who all of you are, but i will find you, and i will vaporize you.

Stahp.
He doesn't need nerfs

Yeah pushblock is how you break it. It's your own fault if you get put back in there without meter. When you do pushblock.....it is more in his favor but if you play it right you can still get out. People just haven't fully adjusted yet. It will be a LONG time before you ever see something like that in a major if ever at all.

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
so if you're going for unclashable you can do b3 f3 dash up j3 and depending on timing it crosses up or not. It also works when you meter burn the second hit of spin into b3 f3 if people are late on the clash

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I think everyone needs to apologize for actually spamming scarecrow crap making him look god tier and getting him nerfed for nothing.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Quick tip:

Hate it when you're going for command throw and instead you get F3 point blank and lose the game?

Me too!

Turn on BUTTON SHORTCUTS and always input schizophrenia as DBF1+3. If you mess up your inputs (and you will ALL THE TIME) you'll get a normal throw instead of a suicidal F3!

Last edited:

MadPropz101

You had trait on/ you used 6 bars/ there was two points were the opponent could simply d2 and only in corner.. Cmon man
Cmon what lol, Catwoman can d2 because she low profiles mids, others need to either pushblock or take it...

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Cmon what lol, Catwoman can d2 because she low profiles mids, others need to either pushblock or take it...
You did 123 twice.. Anyone can d2 that. But my point is that people could overreact to this and say "omgggg see sc so brokee" when in reality you're never going to have sc with 4 bars and full trait active to use 6 bars of meter while getting away with 2 duckable 123 reps to get 35-40% chip..

Maybe these weren't even your intentions but just an observation by me..

MadPropz101

You did 123 twice.. Anyone can d2 that. But my point is that people could overreact to this and say "omgggg see sc so brokee" when in reality you're never going to have sc with 4 bars and full trait active to use 6 bars of meter while getting away with 2 duckable 123 reps to get 35-40% chip..

Maybe these weren't even your intentions but just an observation by me..
You can get like 35% chip without doing 123. I don't think it's broke, just a cool thing he can do.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Hello scurrcrow discussion I found out at least vs batman(and then probably others) d1 can combo after his sweep, gotta be right beside him so corner best bet but there ya go. You can get reppuken/command throw after it but its a mad tight 1f link though.

If yall already knew it well tough tanookie learn it again!!!!!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I don't know how you guys poke into command grab and get that thing to come out clean.

I don't know why the hell they can't just make it BF3.
Why is it a thing that command grab based characters always come with these damned DBF/DFB inputs, with buttons mapped for multiple specials and directions, that they KNOW is gonna give a BUNCH of people who would otherwise love to further explore such a character an immediate red flag as far as having to manage these pains in the ass?
I'm not looking for P4A mashing one button for full combos simplicity here, but it seems like the overall finesse of the game would be better for it.
Of all the kinds of strategies in the game to make difficult to execute, they pick tick throws.
You can make Bladam or Supe simplistic enough to throttle your way to posterity with little to no difficulty curve, but you can't make consistent inputs for command grab characters.
I realize I probably just sound salty as fuck, but I mean from like a logistical standpoint, what's the point of these inputs? It's like what the Grodds are dealing with with the Stampede cancels. Something that should work a bit more smoothly, but may very well get passed over.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
DBF isnt even hard tho...
Its 1 more input. And if ur doing d1 into it then its just d1bf3.

I think everyone needs to apologize for actually spamming scarecrow crap making him look god tier and getting him nerfed for nothing.
If he gets nerfed im blaming you cuz ur gonna jinx us.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
So, I was looking at Scarecrow awhile back because he kinda reminded me of Venomous D'vorah, if she were a grappler/pressure character. In short, he seemed awesome because I love dots. Then I found out he does well against Aquaman, and that officially puts me on the bandwagon.

Anyways, is everyone aware of the frankly fucking insane scaling on the dot from fear toxin? You've only got 5 ticks to stack it up, but it's increasing multiplicatively and distributing the entire dot damage through the remaining ticks, a lot like how Venomous worked, but with way less ways to apply and a much steeper slope upwards.

When I tested it on Superman, the base damage for the application was ~12, which is then multiplied by the number of stacks. So each individual application does 12, 24, 36, 48, etc. not to mention that's on top of what's already been done, total damage looking more like 12, 36, 72, 120.

In short, if he had more ways to stack it up or less recovery on ia fear toxin, he'd be a damage god in the corner. Still might be worth trying to find ways to do as many of them in a combo as you can.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
I don't think he beats Aquaman either. Even at best.
Black Adam on the other hand, I feel like SC is a great counter pick.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Guys, I didnt say he beat Aqua. I'm coming from Harley vs aquaman which is a hard 4-6 at the very best. I said he does well, and it seems like a 5-5 since his pressure all but negates trait and he's got the range to play footsies properly. I will 100% take that.

So I have been playing slot of scarecrow lately and was wondering how do y'all feel about his footsies and neutral. I was wondering because I love the characters but looking at my mains (Darkesied, Supergirl) I wanted a characters with pretty good footsies to help balance it out.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
@Evil Canadian thanks for the tip about converting off of sweep. Got a few notes on that for you Scarecrow mains:
  • Sweep has 95% damage scaling, basically the best possible scaling a move can have outside of no scaling, which means you get essentially a full damage conversion from it although it'll be D1 then something
  • Since it's +1 on block this means you have 2 plus on block launchers in the corner, but this one you can't duck
  • I've found it easiest to do and really consistent when the opponents stance is the opposite of yours, ie you facing the camera and them facing away or them facing the camera and you facing away. Otherwise it seems like a 1 frame link like EC mentioned
  • Lmao 400 meterless on Grodd by doing D3, D1, 1, 1, 1, 123~DBF3
Video example:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I picked up Scarecrow over the weekend and I've been doing D1 and D2 into his command grab and I've noticed that if I do it too fast DB1 and DB2 come out instead.

It happens way too often and it's pretty fucking annoying. I thought that maybe I was just inputting it wrong so I went into the lab and watched the inputs...I see D1, B, F3. The input it fucking right!

I'm guessing this is due to all the input issues with this game. Do I need to do D1, go back to neutral, then quickly do DBF3 or what? What's the trick?

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I picked up Scarecrow over the weekend and I've been doing D1 and D2 into his command grab and I've noticed that if I do it too fast DB1 and DB2 come out instead.

It happens way too often and it's pretty fucking annoying. I thought that maybe I was just inputting it wrong so I went into the lab and watched the inputs...I see D1, B, F3. The input it fucking right!

I'm guessing this is due to all the input issues with this game. Do I need to do D1, go back to neutral, then quickly do DBF3 or what? What's the trick?
I do db and then f+3 at the same time.