What's new

Let's be honest, where is Darkseid as a character?

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
As far as tier lists go i would put darkseid as the gatekeeper between mid and top. Top of mid, bottom of top.

He has damage, zoning, teleports, and a trait that sets up for some dirty mess. However if you are closer to him than about mid screen all of that stuff is just fluff, filled with gaps and pokeable weaknesses. His mixups with trait are amazing and he can make himself safe too, without trait he only has like 2 mixups, everything else is just fishing for a whiff punish. His damage is strong but is heavily meter dependant. His low lazer only reaches a little short of mid screen so its not a larger threat. His regular beams have to meter burned early to get them to go low and as such most people block them pretty well(unless curly is doing an overhead). He suffers from having only 1 mid starter, though I have been looking into using standing 3 as a mid for checking the opponent. You have to be able to make that normal plus or something.

I get that he is immensely frustrating to play against, and can be very dominant in the right hands, but I feel like in the long run he is going to have to work a bit harder than some of the other zoners. Especially those who were blessed with a strong close game too, im lookin at you deadshot, ivy, etc.

Also he gets absolutely wrecked by puddle attacks and rushdown, so just like dont play against atrocitus.

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
On the harley guy, @Kotal_Wannabe you should probably be posting in a harley forum for how to punish darksied. You can out pressure his zoning with your dogs and airguns at a little over mid screen (outside of low beam) then wait for something stupid and go in with something into tantrum stance for full combo. Disrespect all of his buttons except on wakeup when he has meter. Harley shouldnt be a zoner anyway she is a mixup/pressure character with zoning options. You are trying to beat Darkseid at his own game, its like complaining about cheetah beating you in the pressure game because she has so many mixups. She is a raw mixup pressure character, she doesn't have zoning tools where harley is a hybrid. With cheetah you would want to zone her until she did something stupid enough to punish with harley, then run away some more. You arent going to continue to face her where she is stronger than you, thats just poor strategy, and the loss is your fault.

JJParker

Noob
The game is a week old, why is anybody talking about tiers already. Unless of course you have all played 100s of games with ever y character vs every other character and know them all inside out already.