What's new

Let’s be real about Combo Breaker

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The story goes that he was playing Foxy's Kang in casuals and was getting bodied but had a winning streak with Scarlet. So in a way Foxy taught him how to counter. If they didn't play those games, he wouldn't have had the counter pick on deck.
But it's not like that's rare for Sonic. Lets have a show of hands for people who expected him to break out Captain Cold for long stretches in Top 8 when it really mattered. Or people were saying he couldn't play defensively in MKX and then he picked Kitana (also against Foxy, which is ironic).

I just think generally he's open to playing whatever fits the situation even when it's a little offbeat, regardless of what the tier list says.

He plays/picks against his opponent rather than just making blanket choices because of what other people say.

omooba

fear the moobs
I know that's just a joke but out of curiosity, was he even in top 24? I don't recall it and I don't think I even saw any SZ winning anything in pools, the only spotlight he got was SonicFox in the auction tournament. I was really looking forward to see how pros used him to take notes and I got nada :(
in phase 2 there's daddy and VSF jinty but they both went out at 33rd. not too bad considering how stacked the tournament was but yeah no big names