What's new

Question Legit Batman Buffs/Nerfs

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I'm so sick and tired of people claiming this character is god mainly because they have no idea of holes in his strings or the most popular misconception that his "bats" are plus on block.

• Make 223 mid-mid-overhead but make 22 plus 4 and not plus 8. Keep the hole in it between 22*3.
  • Make b11 connect if b1 hits the opponent. Batman can't get follow up pressure after anything on hit. 11 or 22 on hit both space the opponent out just enough so where if you crouch block you'll block b1 and then 1 will whiff, leaving your opponent with a full combo punish.
  • Take away his bat rotation, let him only call out all 3 bats but they DO NOT go away on hit. This would now give him bat swarm as a wakeup. Also I'd like the ability to cancel into batswarm if changing his strings is out of the question. So say 2 batswarm, if the opponent tries to poke you you can cover this hole. Releasing bats in block strings vs crouching opponents causes the bats to whiff.
  • Make batarangs plus on hit, something like plus 2 or 3 so he can have some kind of zoning game that doesn't completely rely on Bats (this buff would be due to him no longer have a bat rotation). Solid zoners don't care if they block or get hit by batarangs. They win either way if you try to throw out another batarang.
  • Make ex slide be an untechable knockdown.
  • Reduce the recovery frames on parry. I only ask for this because Batmans d1 is god damn terrible and theres this other character called Killer Frost who recovers in 10 frames...... Most characters in the game can actually block string Batman and not even fear his down 1 because either theres is faster or even more hilarious his won't reach. So even on negative block strings (-3) vs Batman you could get a free d1 because most likely his won't reach, his mid starter would be beat out by a 6 frame d1 and his b1 would trade. Parry is his only fear but you can just bait that, neutral jump full combo or even backdash, forward dash full combo.....
  • Divekick needs to be an overhead.
This will probably get attacked and shit on but I don't care anymore. Batman while a very solid and well rounded character has a ton of holes in his gameplay that is only covered by his trait. Take batmans trait away and he might join the bottom tier. He has a great crossup game but thats about it. He has a fake pressure game mainly because people are afraid of bats because they THINK its plus. He needs to use meter to stay in peoples face and most of his strings that are plus can either be ducked/poked out of or pushes the opponent to far back he has no follow up options unless he has bats.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Batman's fine the way he is right now. Give him some time. He kould deal with anything...
Bat trait buff is ridiculous. If you want 22 to hit mid, then it probably shouldn't be plus.. Either way, I don't think he needs this hole kovered..

I understand that you want a broken character to easily use against other easy to use broken characters but I think it's good that Batman is up there without being as easy (though still pretty easy).

coolwhip

Noob
Dive kick being an overhead is crazy. But I do think Batman has limitations that will grow more evident with time... until someone discovers some new stuff with him and everybody calls him amazing again. Then people will once again figure him out and eventually, everyone would (hopefully) settle on the fact that he's really good, just not mindbogglingly good (not unlike Kung Lao actually).

Of course I could be completely wrong since the game is so new.

RapZiLLa54

Dive kick being an overhead is crazy. But I do think Batman has limitations that will grow more evident with time... until someone discovers some new stuff with him and everybody calls him amazing again. Then people will once again figure him out and eventually, everyone would (hopefully) settle on the fact that he's really good, just not mindbogglingly good (not unlike Kung Lao actually).

Of course I could be completely wrong since the game is so new.
How is divekick being an overhead crazy???? One its slow and 2 Black adams get a full screen one that is overhead to go with his low projectile.....

RapZiLLa54

I understand that you want a broken character to easily use against other easy to use broken characters but I think it's good that Batman is up there without being as easy (though still pretty easy).
How is anything I posted going to make him broken? Making 22 plus 4 on block still gives you the ability to poke out if I try to do 22 again or B11 but would actually let me use his d1. 22 is currently plus 8.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Batman's fine the way he is right now. Give him some time. He kould deal with anything...
Bat trait buff is ridiculous. If you want 22 to hit mid, then it probably shouldn't be plus.. Either way, I don't think he needs this hole kovered..

No offense but I had a harder time playing supes then I did batman, even BA was tougher then Batman

DuskAlloy

The big nerf which everyone thought was coming is getting rid of his bat rotation. Meaning he can ONLY call 3 bats and not 1 or 2. Considering he is a character who revolves solely on his trait that is a pretty big nerf.
Well if it happens im sure batman players can adapt and find something that could make him good

The big nerf which everyone thought was coming is getting rid of his bat rotation. Meaning he can ONLY call 3 bats and not 1 or 2. Considering he is a character who revolves solely on his trait that is a pretty big nerf.

they cant do that, that is too big of a nerf. they could give more recovery for every bat but that should be it.

Batman's trait is the best trait in the game...with that said, if the trait were to be nerfed, then Batman would indeed need buffs to compensate. Batman is a rushdown character with holes in his block strings so the bats are there to help him get in. Also, the reach on some of his attacks are pretty questionable for a rushdown character (his down pokes for example). I'm content with how Batman is now but if they were to nerf his trait, he'd need some compensation to compete. Nerfing his bats and doing nothing else will cause Batman to drop a few tiers.

DuskAlloy

Batman's trait is the best trait in the game...with that said, if the trait were to be nerfed, then Batman would indeed need buffs to compensate. Batman is a rushdown character with holes in his block strings so the bats are there to help him get in. Also, the reach on some of his attacks are pretty questionable for a rushdown character (his down pokes for example). I'm content with how Batman is now but if they were to nerf his trait, he'd need some compensation to compete. Nerfing his bats and doing nothing else will cause Batman to drop a few tiers.
I wouldnt worry, Batman and Superman are the posterboys of DC so I dont think NRS would nerf them that hard if they ever decided they needed to change them

DuskAlloy

Well Batman was low tier in MK vs DC...correct me if I'm wrong here.
Right but that might of been due to flaws in character design, NRS knows that batman is good now, so I doubt they would want to nerf him to hell

RapZiLLa54

It has the same broken ass hit box that doomsdays jd3 had just horizontally instead of vertically. It needs to be fixed.
There a ton of jump in attacks in this game that have horizontals hitboxs. Harley j2, deathstrokes j1, BA j2 to name a few...

Only time will tell. Scorpion and Sub Zero are pretty popular characters but they ended up not scaling too high in MK9.

jaym7018

Noob
There a ton of jump in attacks in this game that have horizontals hitboxs. Harley j2, deathstrokes j1, BA j2 to name a few...
I agree and i made a topic aboit all of them batmans j2 and deathstrokes 1 are the worst offenders imo. When they fixed doomsdays jd3 they need to go through and fix all the phantom hitboxes.

RapZiLLa54

How can he be a rushdown character when he needs to be directly in your face, all strings can be poked/armored out of and bats are 0 on block? I would definitely take the trait nerf to actually give him a legit pressure game.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
This is exactly why I dropped Batman. He's very good no doubt, but I got tired of depending on his trait to get anything going on. I believe he needs 2 Bats at all times to be effective, 1 Bat rotation isn't that effective.

RapZiLLa54

This is exactly why I dropped Batman. He's very good no doubt, but I got tired of depending on his trait to get anything going on. I believe he needs 2 Bats at all times to be effective, 1 Bat rotation isn't that effective.
Yea having 1 bat is only good for zoning.