What's new

Legacy Green Arrow Speculation thread (wish change list)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
It wasnt really a hitbox issue, it was that he moved forward when he did a B3. The hitbox on b3 was great
It was a hitbox issue because even if they were still in front of him after he moved forward, it wouldn't hit unless they were low enough. It basically had a dead spot on the front top half of him for a few frames..

Did you ever try to MB B3 Martian Manhunter's downward teleport? I never got it no matter how I timed it. For MMH, it kould probably be both factors but for the stages I think it's a hitbox issue.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Just give me fire arrows that blow up on impact knocking fools towards me in a juggle state. That's all I ask. Full screen starter, an extension for all those strings and moves that knock people too far to follow up on in combos, and finally something that'd make them respect him on trades.

I bet they give him bom arrows he can trigger to blow though. Be alright for mixups an resets.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Hoping the Boxing Glove arrow gives him a wall bounce or some kind of pop up that he can combo off of.

Also, not sure if this was mentioned here or not, but either they changed his Backdash completely or it changes while he's got an arrow out ready to fire. Which may mean we can no longer dash cancel out of it.

EDIT: Just thought about something. What if the Boxing Glove arrow is a gear move? *cries*

7L

Heads up!
It was a hitbox issue because even if they were still in front of him after he moved forward, it wouldn't hit unless they were low enough. It basically had a dead spot on the front top half of him for a few frames..

Did you ever try to MB B3 Martian Manhunter's downward teleport? I never got it no matter how I timed it. For MMH, it kould probably be both factors but for the stages I think it's a hitbox issue.
You were supposed to eat the hit, then he had recovery. But yeah come to think of it after they nerfed it a while back it did lose alot of the upper phantom hitbox. But on the follow through the hitbox was still there.
I forgot I had to wait longer on the super to b3 cause of that.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Hoping the Boxing Glove arrow gives him a wall bounce or some kind of pop up that he can combo off of.

Also, not sure if this was mentioned here or not, but either they changed his Backdash completely or it changes while he's got an arrow out ready to fire. Which may mean we can no longer dash cancel out of it.

EDIT: Just thought about something. What if the Boxing Glove arrow is a gear move? *cries*
That's what I'm expecting.

We can't have nice things.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
You were supposed to eat the hit, then he had recovery. But yeah come to think of it after they nerfed it a while back it did lose alot of the upper phantom hitbox. But on the follow through the hitbox was still there.
I forgot I had to wait longer on the super to b3 cause of that.
Oh yeah.. I forgot that they nerfed it.... That makes sense.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to using Arrow again.. I have a feeling he'll be solid mid-tier this time.

7L

Heads up!
Oh yeah.. I forgot that they nerfed it.... That makes sense.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to using Arrow again.. I have a feeling he'll be solid mid-tier this time.
I'm curious to see what that arrow swap mid draw was. I hope we get a watchtower with him in it

James

NottPilgrim
Ice arrow leaves the opponent frozen a lot longer, but if they're caught in the air they stay in the air. Hurricane Bow can be meter burned for a combo. Super is no longer an unblockable.

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
Really similar to his Injustice-version it seems from the few matches Tyler played GA. From first glance it actually looked like they slowed down his forwarddash. Better walkspeed, as expected. Similar jumparc. His trait seems similar. Tyler used ice arrow (stocks 1 Arrow on reload) and electric arrows (stocks 2 arrows on reload). Ice Arrow has a new hit state; airborne opponents stay frozen in the air. We need more gameplay to judge his trait.

Some of the normals/strings I spotted from the stream from first time watching:
- Still has his D1
- A sped up D2, actually looks really solid with his disjointed hitbox
- F2 (guessing F2D13 is in)
- 22 (Tyler did a new followup after 22 which seemed to pop up)
- B3 inj1
- Same jump normals
Guessing that all of his previous normals and strings are in.

Some of the specials I noticed:
- Savage Blast is back!!!
- Hurricane Bow now has a MB version which pops up
- Sky alert/swag alert is back
- Stinger is also back
- GA's super is no konger unblockable, he swings his bow at the opponent, has a hitbox

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
From initial view, the character still has the same problems he had in the first game. Even though the two aren't pro players Harley clearly has more control of the screen getting in and out whenever she felt like it. I think he's gonna be pretty low with gear off. Just my opinion.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
If I was to only judge based on what it looks like he has, he might be worse now...

Potential Pros
+New kombo starters: 22(3?), MB Hurricane Bow
+Possible new stuff we haven't seen (they mentioned electic arrow kombos being better)

Potential Kons
-223 might have been replaced, it was good for the untechable knockdown
-They stay in the air when frozen in air, so less reset potential
-No more Super resets
-Other characters got significant improvements and he might not have

Also, he'll probably still get screwed over by interactables since I don't see any new tools that deal with that (Hopefully that MB Boxing Glove Arrow deals with that?).

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I'm curious to see what that arrow swap mid draw was. I hope we get a watchtower with him in it
He was on the last two matches on the most recent twitch stream.. They didn't show it though. I pictured it working like a B3 on hit. I'm hoping he has something to deal with interactables though, but I kan't think of a way to give him something like that without it being broken in other ways.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
From initial view, the character still has the same problems he had in the first game. Even though the two aren't pro players Harley clearly has more control of the screen getting in and out whenever she felt like it. I think he's gonna be pretty low with gear off. Just my opinion.
The zoning match up between them in the last game used to be even, but with the Hyenas, it might be in her favor now.

Amplified$hotz

The zoning match up between them in the last game used to be even, but with the Hyenas, it might be in her favor now.
Yeah that's what it looks like. I can't lie I'm really disappointed. I hope I'm wrong but I feel like he's gonna get mauled by Bane, Aqua, Fate, Cold. His base form looks like it has little keep out potential and not much better zoning than injustice 1. 'Aybe worse with MB roll. Plus it still looks like he has to dash and jump to get in. It's not a final build of the game so hopefully I'm wrong and NRS has a plan.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
So, I think we can't make any match up conclusions from that stream, Tyler forgot he had trait most of the time. Freeze arrow means Harley shouldn't trait or use high guns, and elec arrows still seem like they'll win him that war.

I'm glad he has mb roll like everyone else. Zoning in this game witll hopefully be more "correct reads about when the opponent comes in or moves in general" than the previous mk9 and igau "I can do more fireballs than you hahaha"

Amplified$hotz

GA isn't worse now. I'm pretty sure he now has a vortex with ice arrow that does real damage. Give him a chance guys
A vortex wasn't his issue in the first game. Before I read the OP I already knew that his movement was going to be a huge point. Green Arrow had good offense. It was getting it started against characters which much better space control that was troubling. Not to mention due to low damage you had to do this repeatedly. I don't think anyone is ruling him out yet. Just speculation.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
ice arrow that does real damage.
Nope.

Anyway, i wouldn't judge anything based on tyler's performance, we know he is not a competitive fighter. And Derek easily jumped in for free without Tyler bothering to D2 into reload arrow for a combo extension.

If GA got really that nerfed its a huge disappointment.
I enjoyed the new animation of eletric Arrows on the ground, there is a high possibility that he is able to use 2 E. Arrows in a single combo due the animation of them.

His slide and D2 seems to start a little faster as well.
Also, we've only seen 2 arrows of his trait, so maybe the 3rd one is the fire arrow or the boxing glove, kinda wondering that it does, maybe he gets the restand from the boxing glove if its part of his universal move.

Still didn't like his backdash, its still a fucken cartwheel with no range at all.

The tease only raised more questions about him, so lets hope we get a chance of a breakdown in the future.

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Nope.

Anyway, i wouldn't judge anything based on tyler's performance, we know he is not a competitive fighter. And Derek easily jumped in for free without Tyler bothering to D2 into reload arrow for a combo extension.

If GA got really that nerfed its a huge disappointment.
I enjoyed the new animation of eletric Arrows on the ground, there is a high possibility that he is able to use 2 E. Arrows in a single combo due the animation of them.

Also, we've only seen 2 arrows of his trait, so maybe the 3rd one is the fire arrow or the boxing glove, kinda wondering that it does, maybe he gets the restand from the boxing glove if its part of his universal move.

Still didn't like his backdash, its still a fucken cartwheel with no range at all.

The tease only raised more questions about him, so lets hope we get a chance of a breakdown in the future.
Yeah. I was looking more at Arrow's tools than how Tyler played. I don't think anyone was judging based on his performance.

1 bar kombos are now a possibility with MB Hurricane Bow (and if I'm guessing right, MB Glove Arrow too?)...

I'm pretty sure the third one is fire arrows since that was shown in the trailer, right before he pulled out the Glove Arrow.

It's hard to tell what tools we'll really have though since the gears will change some tools. We might not even have the MB Hurricane Bow launcher or the Glove Arrow in the base state.

I'm not sure how the kompetitive mode works too. Did they ever mention how it works with the ability aspect of gears?

PS: I like his backdash... I only use it for the invincibility frames and it's pretty good there. If I want to gain space I would just use Savage Blast.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yeah. I was looking more at Arrow's tools than how Tyler played. I don't think anyone was judging based on his performance.

1 bar kombos are now a possibility with MB Hurricane Bow (and if I'm guessing right, MB Glove Arrow too?)...

I'm pretty sure the third one is fire arrows since that was shown in the trailer, right before he pulled out the Glove Arrow.

It's hard to tell what tools we'll really have though since the gears will change some tools. We might not even have the MB Hurricane Bow launcher or the Glove Arrow in the base state.

I'm not sure how the kompetitive mode works too. Did they ever mention how it works with the ability aspect of gears?

PS: I like his backdash... I only use it for the invincibility frames and it's pretty good there. If I want to gain space I would just use Savage Blast.
A stream breakdown would really help put some concerns to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.