What's new

Legacy Green Arrow Speculation thread (wish change list)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer68

Fujin!
  • Normal Arrow shot should do 3% damage. You have infinite.
  • Stun Arrow should do 8% damage. You can stock 5.
  • Fire Arrow should do 25% damage and cause an explosion that launches the enemy up for a follow up combo, it should also be unblockable and it doesn't scale at all. You can stock 99.
  • Ice Arrow should do 5% damage and keep the opponent froze for a couple seconds. You can stock 2.
This seems pretty reasonable, right guys?

Lo0py

Noob
  • Normal Arrow shot should do 3% damage. You have infinite.
  • Stun Arrow should do 8% damage. You can stock 5.
  • Fire Arrow should do 25% damage and cause an explosion that launches the enemy up for a follow up combo, it should also be unblockable and it doesn't scale at all. You can stock 99.
  • Ice Arrow should do 5% damage and keep the opponent froze for a couple seconds. You can stock 2.
This seems pretty reasonable, right guys?
:DOGE

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
His character design would have worked on some level if it wasn't for interactables. His biggest problem was inconsistency on hits like 11 missing, B3 failing after launch into background interactable, and B3 failing when Meter burning it on reaction to Martian's Downward Teleport.

The following are my ideas assuming he stays mostly the same like they did with Batman and Superman.

Things I agree on are:
Better walkspeed forward and backwards

Arrow shot startup faster than 22 frames

A safe meterless slide (it doesn't lead to anything): // If they don't give him other tools. He kan do without this if he has a way to make up for it.

Reload Arrow startup increased slightly: // Reloading always left you at disadvantage even if they reacted late. It shouldn't be that way.

Things I disagree on are:
Better backdash and better not be a fuken kartwheel: // His backdash worked fine because it had decent invincibility frames, if you wanted to gain distance you kould use Savage Blast instead.

B1 hits low and is much faster than before: // He doesn't need that low if he has frame traps from kancels. His design kan be shifted to that type of pressure more. It also doesn't need to be faster if it's a low.

Things I am indifferent on:
Haven blast is much more faster
MB Savage blasts juggles on korner and midscreen is enough to land an arrow shot or slide

Trait changes:
I'm hoping they change these overall.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Yeah, that's Shaowebb, on Green Arrow reveal trailer in 2013 he cosplayed GA just for us too.
I told everyone across multiple forums if Green Arrow made it in I'd cosplay him and dance The Bernie with hype and main him day 1.

I keeps my promises.

I eventually became a Bane/Hawkgirl player...namely because of this.
...but should they FIX Green Arrow I'm back on board again. Love that character. He was revealed when the Arrow show debuted on the CW.

7L

Heads up!
Green Arrow was a character who you might win one out of a best of 3 at tourney but after that you would have done the same things sooooooooo many times you'd have trained folks how to body you because you'd be completely reliant on incidental punishes and waaaaaaaaay too frequent F2d13 and 223 shit. Quite frankly his damage was whack and having to use super for damage in this game was also whack. Pretty much guaranteed you'd lose all your bar at clash or be meter gimped otherwise.

You only had so many starters, couldn't win a zoning war, had to use up his arrow loads on single shot ice arrows for reset damage and were a meter whore. Sure you could annoy folks, but even if you hit them all the time you'd still do less damage than one solid confirm to combo from the mid to top tier folks.

Like I said...you may take a match in a best of 3 in a real tourney with him, but after that you'd probably have trained them up on how you move, what tools to look out for, and what to punish and bait because NO ONE can make someone free long enough with Green Arrow's damage to run it for 4+ rounds in top 8 without falling into a flow chart off the few things he had to use.

Give him the splodey fire arrows that juggle them toward you (3 loads) and Boxing Glove arrow that causes wallbounce (2 loads) and I could run him again though guaranteed. He'd eat air techs alive with that shit and his punish style would then actually convert to damage.

Oh that downplay.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I think he would get a way different design, but nrs seems to like the ammunition style that was Injustice GA seeing that they even did it with ancestral Kung Jin
So I'm gonna assume we are getting a close to same green arrow

James

NottPilgrim
I think he would get a way different design, but nrs seems to like the ammunition style that was Injustice GA seeing that they even did it with ancestral Kung Jin
So I'm gonna assume we are getting a close to same green arrow
Deadshot already took this trait, it looks like.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I thought arrow just needed a few tweaks to be a good character along with a few nerfs to some of the heavy hitters like MMH. If fire arrows did good chip damage that would have been huge. MB slide was a good buff. His problem was that so many characters had 50/50 vortex situations and or insane zoning abilities while he was more reliant on conditioning. I found myself using my meter on MB slide to deal damage throughout the round and gain screen positioning rather than waiting to land a super.

His arrow ability should be stronger. More chip from fire, longer freeze animation from ice arrows and less push back on electric arrows could have helped him a lot.

His main issue was that he didn't have the dirt that the good characters in in justice 1 had. They took it all away after the first patch.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
He honestly never had the dirt in the long run to last as more than a flash in the pan. When you got 2 high low strings for folks to learn, rely on resets for damage cause your combos push folks away from your tools, stubby limbs, a floaty punishable jump, and your zoning does not have to be respected because it neither wins a trade nor leads to respectable damage you are going to get people pushing buttons on you and wrecking your game. He was even a huge meter whore meaning he needed supers and MB constantly...if he clashed he was neutered and folks knew it. He actually came out worse for clashing in many scenarios than not.

Green Arrow only looked as good as he did because it was Chris G in those opening months. IE someone whose wins are more about fundamentals and reads than their character favorites.

I would bet he is keeping his same trait , just getting new types of arrows ! With cap cold , mr . Freeze and most likely Subzero as DLC why have a freeze arrow in the game ! Him having different arrows is his gimmick ! I like the boxing glove or a net arrow . He has had some crazy ones that they could bring in !

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I can see Captain Colds Ice wall being some serious trouble

Other then that I just want him to feel like a zoner. MB triple Arrow, Or a MB delayed arrow trap that hits mid.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I can see Captain Colds Ice wall being some serious trouble

Other then that I just want him to feel like a zoner. MB triple Arrow, Or a MB delayed arrow trap that hits mid.
I don't want a zoner... In Injustice 1 he wasn't much of a zoner either.... But he does need a way to deal with interactables... I think that was his biggest downfall in the first game. He's sort of like Batman in that he kan fight from far away but that's not his main game plan.

I also hope they fixed his hitbox issues like the hitbox on his B3 to allow background bounce into B3 kombos, and some of the hits that would miss up klose.

7L

Heads up!
I don't want a zoner... In Injustice 1 he wasn't much of a zoner either.... But he does need a way to deal with interactables... I think that was his biggest downfall in the first game. He's sort of like Batman in that he kan fight from far away but that's not his main game plan.

I also hope they fixed his hitbox issues like the hitbox on his B3 to allow background bounce into B3 kombos, and some of the hits that would miss up klose.
It wasnt really a hitbox issue, it was that he moved forward when he did a B3. The hitbox on b3 was great

Status
Not open for further replies.