What's new

Leaving A Match If You Know You Lost

So I find myself at a bit of a crossroads. I don't want to seem like an asshole but at the same time, I don't want to sit here and wait for a fatal or the victory screen and the rewards. Since you still take the loss and everyone still gets their points, I see no problem with it. It feels like there is a bit of a stigma, that if you leave before everything has played out you are doing it out of anger or rage. I feel no obligation to sit here and let you do whatever it is your gonna do, I just want to move on.

Most games have an option to concede if you know you can't win or have already lost, and I have wanted more fighting games to implement this. One of the worst feelings for me is after a loss, just sitting there and having to stew, it puts me in a bad mindset and just kills my motivation to play more. Luckily MK matches you up pretty quickly, so my time between games is pretty short.

I know how this makes me look but I just wanted to get this off my chest, thanks for reading.

i understand what the op is saying. we could have an option when we lose to just quit the game the still gives the winner the fatal opportunity. but im sure its more complicated than that cause it will cause a disconnect. since this mp is p2p. offline if my friends fatal me i just punch them and say NO!!! you dont do that !

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I understand especially against T baggers (rude opponents talking shit) but I just take my loses and learn from them.
The problem with how it is now in Kombat League is that when the opponent quits the game on last part thewinner doesn't get any points, and the loser who quit doesn't get a penalty. Its jacked up to put in work and lose all of it.

Maybe if they can fix that first they can add quitality for those who want to forfeit.

So I find myself at a bit of a crossroads. I don't want to seem like an asshole but at the same time, I don't want to sit here and wait for a fatal or the victory screen and the rewards. Since you still take the loss and everyone still gets their points, I see no problem with it. It feels like there is a bit of a stigma, that if you leave before everything has played out you are doing it out of anger or rage. I feel no obligation to sit here and let you do whatever it is your gonna do, I just want to move on.

Most games have an option to concede if you know you can't win or have already lost, and I have wanted more fighting games to implement this. One of the worst feelings for me is after a loss, just sitting there and having to stew, it puts me in a bad mindset and just kills my motivation to play more. Luckily MK matches you up pretty quickly, so my time between games is pretty short.

I know how this makes me look but I just wanted to get this off my chest, thanks for reading.
I’ve bounced against opponents that want to fatality after every game. I don’t have time for that

I understand especially against T baggers (rude opponents talking shit) but I just take my loses and learn from them.
The problem with how it is now in Kombat League is that when the opponent quits the game on last part thewinner doesn't get any points, and the loser who quit doesn't get a penalty. Its jacked up to put in work and lose all of it.

Maybe if they can fix that first they can add quitality for those who want to forfeit.
I thought that was only if you actually closed the game and got the (game session is no longer available) message.

i had a couple people quit matches early. It doesn't bother me at all. It'd be nice if the game had a better way to go about it, but really i don't think it's a big deal.

(people dc'ing internet is whole other story)

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I thought that was only if you actually closed the game and got the (game session is no longer available) message.
Nope I tested it vs a friend actually got a match vs him both on new accounts and just hit home button and closed game there was no record of the match after and I didn't even fatality yet just at the finish him screen.

So how the system is now you can get a perfect record by exploiting it.

But I wouldn't do it. I learned long ago that losses are needed for self improvement. If you win every match vs easy opponents you never weed out your bad habits that good players will blow up. So I love losing vs good players.

I should mention (and I can't confirm this right now), it seemed like by not letting everything playout I might not have been getting progress towards the play 5 ranked sets daily. This is the only reason I have any second thoughts, it's not a big deal to me but it might be to them.

Wait are you jus
just pressing start and selecting quit? I think that's fine. My bad if so.
I'm just using the quit option, I've never closed the game to try and avoid a loss. Closing and restarting would probably be slower than just waiting for them. As for the learning from my losses, I feel like I've played enough fighting games to understand the value of a loss. I'm just not the kind of player who reflects after, I feel that's what replays are for and I make sure to save the ones I want to watch back.

If someone fatalities the first time they win, I'll just quit if they win a second time. Don't need to bother seeing it twice. They shouldn't bother with the whole "You Opponent Has Left the Game" thing if it happens after health is zero, so he can see whatever animations he wants and not bother the other person with it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I couldn’t care less if someone quits after they lose. I don’t care if you rage quit at all really, but I’ll probably laugh at you. I’d rather every single person I play to ragequit than to face even one player who teabags for 10 seconds then does a Fatality.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Everyone has a different way they play and this so happens to be yous. People don't have to agree but they should respect it. Persnally I wish there was a skip button l ike the end of a Soul Calibur replay.

asddgd

Noob
Really just hop the top ranks of kombat league arent just full of quitters. Im about halfway up and dont want to make it a part of my strategy just to get all the rewards

I couldn’t care less if someone quits after they lose. I don’t care if you rage quit at all really, but I’ll probably laugh at you. I’d rather every single person I play to ragequit than to face even one player who teabags for 10 seconds then does a Fatality.
Exactly that. I can take a loss, I can take it if someone is better than me and it shows in a match. What I can't and won't tolerate if someone is an S+ tier a-hole and wants to humiliate me after he beat me. I'm not proud of this but until it gets fixed, every teabagger gets a big juicy quit on Finish Him screen in the moment they start teabagging on me.

I played a Sonya yesterday, her tactic was retreat, Air Ring, Air Ring, Ring, amlipfied Ring, jump back, Air Ring, Ring, amplified Ring. Okay, it's a viable tactic, do it. I tried to be patient, duck, advance, duck, advance, then deal with the mixup when I closed distance. It was a close set but I was beaten. It was annoying in itself but it happens. And the bitch teabags after running from me during the whole set. F you very much, here's your Quit. I'm not proud of this but maybe Sonya will think twice next time.

Same goes for Scorpion. Back dash, jump back, jump forward, jump back, jump forward, Teleport cancel, Throw, jump back, jump forward, jump back, jump forward, Teleport cancel, mixup. If it's not blocked and punished and he can have life lead, retreat, jump forward, jump back. Okay, it's another viable tactic, make a move and eat an amplified Teleport punish, yeah, Scorpion. It's frustrating to sit through this bullshit, if I win a match in a set it's 3 times the fun but if you beat me with this, I'll take it, have your points, whatever. But if you teabag me after 10 minutes of this, I'll quit on you in a heartbeat.

This. If you lose, your opponent earned those 5 or so seconds. Quitting out isn't going to save you enough time to justify it that way. Take your L with grace, you know?
I don't get this. If you win the only thing you earned is the points and no one is taking that away. As for saving time, if you think about all the time you spend in intro, fatality/victories, menus, and loading screens you realize saving those five seconds is worth it.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Jesus, are we so unbelievably impatient now a days we can't spare a few extra seconds to reflect on what happened and use it as motivation? Poor time utilization. When I lose, which is frequent (I play Kotal AND I suck at video games), I just think about what I did wrong, what they did right, and how much fun it is fighting underwater, lol.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Occasionally I'll find some people online that just want games and they dont fatal so I'll just keep playing them but if they do, I just peace out. I have limited time to play the game so I want to get as many games in as possible. Fatalities get redundant after awhile and I've seen enough teabags to last a lifetime. Enjoy your fatality and your bags on your own.

S+ Main

Noob
Lowkey after a league set if I lose I leave (pause then quit) it is so much faster and u wait about 5 seconds and your back searching again. I don't care if people do it to, its like when people are playing offline and you lose a match and immediately pause and restart but instead you go back to find another game. this is also why7 I never play KOTH I just want to play games win or lose.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Exactly that. I can take a loss, I can take it if someone is better than me and it shows in a match. What I can't and won't tolerate if someone is an S+ tier a-hole and wants to humiliate me after he beat me. I'm not proud of this but until it gets fixed, every teabagger gets a big juicy quit on Finish Him screen in the moment they start teabagging on me.

I played a Sonya yesterday, her tactic was retreat, Air Ring, Air Ring, Ring, amlipfied Ring, jump back, Air Ring, Ring, amplified Ring. Okay, it's a viable tactic, do it. I tried to be patient, duck, advance, duck, advance, then deal with the mixup when I closed distance. It was a close set but I was beaten. It was annoying in itself but it happens. And the bitch teabags after running from me during the whole set. F you very much, here's your Quit. I'm not proud of this but maybe Sonya will think twice next time.

Same goes for Scorpion. Back dash, jump back, jump forward, jump back, jump forward, Teleport cancel, Throw, jump back, jump forward, jump back, jump forward, Teleport cancel, mixup. If it's not blocked and punished and he can have life lead, retreat, jump forward, jump back. Okay, it's another viable tactic, make a move and eat an amplified Teleport punish, yeah, Scorpion. It's frustrating to sit through this bullshit, if I win a match in a set it's 3 times the fun but if you beat me with this, I'll take it, have your points, whatever. But if you teabag me after 10 minutes of this, I'll quit on you in a heartbeat.
Imo, quitting when someone is teabagging is justified.