What's new

Match Footage - Leatherface Leatherface vs. The World (Post Patch 10-4-16)

Thanks to TommyKing5, I'm turning this thread to a place where all Leatherface players or those looking to pick up Leatherface, can post and check out his gameplay against the rest of the roster after the 10-4-16 patch. I hope you guys find this thread to be not only educational, but uplifting.

Here's some match up footage of my Leatherface (Killer) against a pretty solid Kitana (Royal Storm) player in Admired. I feel Kitana is one of Killer's worst match ups, but I would like to show that there are some options to deal with Kitana and make her respect you.

I'm open to criticism. I hope you guys enjoy!

Last edited:

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
Is it possible to change the thread title to a universal match footage thread? As I have a first to ten uploading right now and don't want to keep making new threads with every set :p

Is it possible to change the thread title to a universal match footage thread? As I have a first to ten uploading right now and don't want to keep making new threads with every set :p
You mean don't make it specific to Killer and Royal Storm, just Leatherface vs Kitana?

TommyKing5

Ok here is my set (first to 10). I played both Killer and Pretty Lady. I was going to pick Butcher against his Ravenous but he chose Piercing so I went with Killer.

Please let me know what you think I could improve on, all criticism is welcome, positive or negative.

Ok here is my set (first to 10). I played both Killer and Pretty Lady. I was going to pick Butcher against his Ravenous but he chose Piercing so I went with Killer.

Please let me know what you think I could improve on, all criticism is welcome, positive or negative.

Your LF is pretty solid. I can't really criticize because you seemed to be dominating the majority of this set. I would've like to see your opponent back dash out of your unblockable set up and see how you adapt. One thing I didn't see a lot of is LF's 2, 2 into d3 into db3, 1 (psycho rush). I catch a lot of players hitting buttons after 2, 2. So it would've been nice to see how you utilize 2, 2 in your gameplay. During the Jax match up, there were openings where you could've d3 into db3, 1 after his 2 jabs. I would advise to not show Jax too much respect, but other than that good job.

TommyKing5

Yeah I didn't really use 22 much, but I know I should have. I will now incorporate that into my general gameplan. Thanks for the criticism!

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Matches from TFC.

Match #1 - starts at 36:10

Match #2 - starts at :50 & Match #3 - starts at 48:10

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Good stuff, man.
Thanks, but I could of done better. My third match was for me to win, but I just fuck up lol

Also in your set with that Kitana, your gdlk bro lol. The only thing I would like to see more of is the usage of F3, & 22

(Only watch the first two matches btw)

Thanks, but I could of done better. My third match was for me to win, but I just fuck up lol

Also in your set with that Kitana, your gdlk bro lol. The only thing I would like to see more of is the usage of F3, & 22

(Only watch the first two matches btw)
It's cool, man. Everyone fucks up from time to time. And thanks, man I appreciate that. It's funny that you say I should use f3 more. I was rewatching these matches and seen when I did f3 with no follow up, then hit him with f1, 2 right after. I was literally saying to myself, "Shit, I should use f3 more." lol. I'll definitely start implementing that in my gameplay as well as 2,2. Sometimes I get caught up in my usual set ups that i forget how useful 2,2 is. I appreciate the feedback.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
It's cool, man. Everyone fucks up from time to time. And thanks, man I appreciate that. It's funny that you say I should use f3 more. I was rewatching these matches and seen when I did f3 with no follow up, then hit him with f1, 2 right after. I was literally saying to myself, "Shit, I should use f3 more." lol. I'll definitely start implementing that in my gameplay as well as 2,2. Sometimes I get caught up in my usual set ups that i forget how useful 2,2 is. I appreciate the feedback.
Lol yea I know tournament nerves, I guess.

Also I see that kitana was you some tech that was discovered, here's a vid to escape it:

Just let go of block after the ex uppercut & the J1 with whiff & then you can punish with whatever combo you want.

TommyKing5

Thanks to TommyKing5, I'm turning this thread to a place where all Leatherface players or those looking to pick up Leatherface, can post and check out his gameplay against the rest of the roster after the 10-4-16 patch. I hope you guys find this thread to be not only educational, but uplifting.

Here's some match up footage of my Leatherface (Killer) against a pretty solid Kitana (Royal Storm) player in Admired. I feel Kitana is one of Killer's worst match ups, but I would like to show that there are some options to deal with Kitana and make her respect you.

I'm open to criticism. I hope you guys enjoy!
You're Leatherface is very good. The only thing I did notice is that I don't think you used a B2 at all. It's a great normal to get in because of the knockdown and range.

Also there were some instances where your attack was blocked and you weren't blocking afterwards. Beserker 1 is safe, but you should be blocking if it was blocked.

Otherwise I enjoyed those matches! Your use of Beserker stance to destroy projectiles is spot on. Look forward to seeing more content.

You're Leatherface is very good. The only thing I did notice is that I don't think you used a B2 at all. It's a great normal to get in because of the knockdown and range.

Also there were some instances where your attack was blocked and you weren't blocking afterwards. Beserker 1 is safe, but you should be blocking if it was blocked.

Otherwise I enjoyed those matches! Your use of Beserker stance to destroy projectiles is spot on. Look forward to seeing more content.

Thanks, and yeah you're right. B2, is so good. I usually use it for a knock down. I never thought to use it to get in. And as you seen, I don't like to really block lol, but I should be blocking after that, but advancing mids like Kitana's I can d3, into another chainsaw if she blocks the first one. D3 actually prevents her from coming in with her mid, but it's all about range. If it's a further push back, you can f1 to beat her mid (f2, 2). I just forgot to do it. I'll be sure to not get too reckless tho. Thanks for the feedback.

TommyKing5

Thanks, and yeah you're right. B2, is so good. I usually use it for a knock down. I never thought to use it to get in. And as you seen, I don't like to really block lol, but I should be blocking after that, but advancing mids like Kitana's I can d3, into another chainsaw if she blocks the first one. D3 actually prevents her from coming in with her mid, but it's all about range. If it's a further push back, you can f1 to beat her mid (f2, 2). I just forgot to do it. I'll be sure to not get too reckless tho. Thanks for the feedback.
All good man. I'm going to try and get some Butcher and more Pretty Lady gameplay soon.