What's new

Match Footage Learning The Cyrax Matchup - Part 2

Vagrant

Noob
Sigh... We're getting there....

ImNewbieSauce provides some funny commentary this time.

I'll talk a bit more about this matchup later.. I'm starting to figure it out, although the matches may not show it lol.

Eminent

Forum Lurker
1:41 "I love watching this blond tart get ass-jammed." lol

Edit: A few things I'm noticing right off the bat. Your AA combo could be improved pretty easily by doing D1 1 21CW 112

Also you kept going for AA D1 and getting blown up. Uppercut more! Gotta make him respect it.

Vagrant

Noob
Also you kept going for AA D1 and getting blown up. Uppercut more! Gotta make him respect it.
This has been debated alot at GGA. I honestly think at this point it's just better to master the d1 than to retrain myself to uppercut. I tried AAing crossups with Uppercut and it got me blown up alot.

Eminent

Forum Lurker
Fair enough.

After ExCW you should do: dash b21f2 1 dash 112. Clean up your divekick combo so you don't drop it.

You should stop ending strings with cartwheel. No good can come out of it unless you can condition your opponent to poke. Later on in the set, you stopped ending your strings with cartwheel. You were doing much better at this point.

Make cyrax respect your air. It doesn't really matter how you anti air, just do it. It's just casuals though, so if you're trying to learn how to d1 anti air then go ahead and try. In a tourney though, if you're not very good with d1 AA then just stick with uppercut.

Make cyrax respect the ms f1. Often you just try to counter poke after a blocked ms f1. You should keep on the offensive. D1 ms, backdash into d4 ms, throw, etc.

Jump less. Against any other character it probably won't matter but cyrax has AA grab. Your best bet is to approach him with d4. Don't worry too much about the bombs, chances are you have enough time. It's important to learn how to stay grounded vs cyrax. If you really need to jump to avoid bombs, jump backwards or neutral jump. Also, make sure you cancel into MS after d4.

Fullscreen rings. Don't let cyrax throw out bombs at fullscreen. Make him come to you, which is exactly what you want.

Use 114 less, d4 more. He's punishing you whenever you use 114.

Try and do jip b21. Likely better than 114, although not as easy to hit confirm.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Yeah I would say watch the cartwheel at the end of strings. Some characters you can get away with it, some characters you cannot. I would not want cyrax to have an oppurtunity to start his offense which goes toe to toe with hers. The back dash d4 is a great idea.