What's new

Strategy - Smoke Learn Character Gaps! EX Phase Hurts Pressure Characters

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
A good Liu Kang is hard to deal with.
A great Liu Kang is even worse.

The constant pressure, plus frames, and chip makes it almost impossible to counter with other characters.

Enter EX Phase.

Even the smallest gap is phasable thus making it important to Smoke's gameplan given EX Phase quick recovery and invicibility.

Study the following link's information and study it well:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-home-of-armourable-gaps.59208/
**Credit to @BigMacMcLovin

After hours of trial and error, try not to abuse Ex Phase as a wake-up. Actually, rarely do it. I'd rather take 15% chip opposed to them reading the wake-up, waste the bar, and get punished for it.

Learn your gaps, decide whether you have to use the meter in phase or not, and learn the best punishes (my most consistent punishes are f1, b2, and f3).

So, in conclusion, use meter for phase mostly in gaps and commit to not using it waking up as it is easy to bait out.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
A good Liu Kang is hard to deal with.
A great Liu Kang is even worse.

The constant pressure, plus frames, and chip makes it almost impossible to counter with other characters.

Enter EX Phase.

Even the smallest gap is phasable thus making it important to Smoke's gameplan given EX Phase quick recovery and invicibility.

Study the following link's information and study it well:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-home-of-armourable-gaps.59208/
**Credit to @BigMacMcLovin

After hours of trial and error, try not to abuse Ex Phase as a wake-up. Actually, rarely do it. I'd rather take 15% chip opposed to them reading the wake-up, waste the bar, and get punished for it.

Learn your gaps, decide whether you have to use the meter in phase or not, and learn the best punishes (my most consistent punishes are f1, b2, and f3).

So, in conclusion, use meter for phase mostly in gaps and commit to not using it waking up as it is easy to bait out.
It's a community effort but thanks, CoRzz.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
i actually listened and studied the Gaps in game and can say the EX phase works great to punish. Whiff punishing with smoke is his strongest skill so i do recommend smoke mains learn every characters gaps.