What's new

LBSH about kenshi

All this Kenshi overreacting is flat-out ridiculous. Kenshi loses to Kabal 3-7, and Kung Lao 2-8. Just because Tom got his ass whooped by Pig's Kenshi doesn't mean the match isn't terrible. This comunity has some of the most bipolar people I've ever seen.
1. LBSH.. my KL SUCKS lol and is only good in one MU.

2. I didnt know that drop down 3 didnt jail which is why I lost to pig there. I am a button masher scrub in every match but one with KL.

3. Obviously my KL would have have lost anyway, but it didnt help that I was really sick, had a temp of 102 and was playing bad the whole weekend. Instead of 2 sets of 3-0, maybe it would have been 3-1 lol.

My KL is over rated, not so much Kenshi. Kenshi negates all footsies in a game that focuses on it. then again, I cant complain because I could say the same thing for clone negating footsies.

PS:
No Sub-Zero was as accomplished as mine early in the game. Only ONE player was having success with him early in MK9, where were all the "only one guy is doing it" posts? Instead it was nothing but demands to be nerfed. I look at this in a similar light. Obviously kenshi is was more fucked up then vanilla Sub-Zero, but people do over react. The only thing that really makes Kenshi OP is having a reflect. All his tools + reflect is what makes him a bit too much for some of the mids and lower high tiers. People complain about his armor, spirit charge, etc but that isnt really the problem. I think we need to focus on beating Kenshi without having to chase him. Trying to rush Kenshi down and saying how cheap he is, is like trying to rush down Sub-Zero with Ermac and eating clones and thinking thats cheap. You need to exploit the most vulnerable point of a character, not play into their strength.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

2. I didnt know that drop down 3 didnt jail which is why I lost to pig there. I am a button masher scrub in every match but one with KL.

3. Obviously my KL would have have lost anyway, but it didnt help that I was really sick, had a temp of 102 and was playing bad the whole weekend. Instead of 2 sets of 3-0, maybe it would have been 3-1 lol.

My KL is over rated, not so much Kenshi. Kenshi negates all footsies in a game that focuses on it. then again, I cant complain because I could say the same thing for clone negating footsies.

PS:
No Sub-Zero was as accomplished as mine early in the game. Only ONE player was having success with him early in MK9, where were all the "only one guy is doing it" posts? Instead it was nothing but demands to be nerfed. I look at this in a similar light. Obviously kenshi is was more fucked up then vanilla Sub-Zero, but people do over react. The only thing that really makes Kenshi OP is having a reflect. All his tools + reflect is what makes him a bit too much for some of the mids and lower high tiers. People complain about his armor, spirit charge, etc but that isnt really the problem. I think we need to focus on beating Kenshi without having to chase him. Trying to rush Kenshi down and saying how cheap he is, is like trying to rush down Sub-Zero with Ermac and eating clones and thinking thats cheap. You need to exploit the most vulnerable point of a character, not play into their strength.
You get a ton of credit from everyone about your sub zero

I do agree you didnt get it early on or get the "only one guy is doing it threads" thats because it was 3-5 months into the game and DJT within 5 months got top 8 evo w him and kang

You both were the only ones doing it and now you're the only one doing it mostly cause DJT has moved on to Cyrax and lao

You get a ton of credit from everyone about your sub zero

I do agree you didnt get it early on or get the "only one guy is doing it threads" thats because it was 3-5 months into the game and DJT within 5 months got top 8 evo w him and kang

You both were the only ones doing it and now you're the only one doing it mostly cause DJT has moved on to Cyrax and lao
By EVO 2011, the Sub-Zero nerfing was heavily under way. Armor was being passed out like candy and the notion the Sub shouldn't lose his damage and/or have a way to deal with armor was shunned. Also, at that point in the game I was the only Sub-Zero player to place top where 95% of the time It was 100% Sub-Zero.

at least when DJT moved on he played Cyrax, he hasnt abandoned the Lin Kuei!

At this point my KL sucks sooooo bad that I have retired him completely. Using Sub-Zero 100% in all MUs.

Death

Noob
Nope

Ask dr, MIT, big d and any good noob

U ever thought to yourself "maybe pig is just good"?
You are man lol

It's just you have super armor on everything and noobs damage is shit. Is it because you can't reflect shadows back at noob? At least kenshi can reflect while most chars have to eat the chip or jump

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
You are man lol

It's just you have super armor on everything and noobs damage is shit. Is it because you can't reflect shadows back at noob? At least kenshi can reflect while most chars have to eat the chip or jump
Can't reflect shadows back. Noob outspams him hard. Spirit Charge sends noob back to full screen where he dominates Kenshi. Trading Slash or Flurry with Shadows is bad because Shadows knock you down, giving Noob the next move. Gotta get him to the corner. Even then, he's hard to approach. 5 - 5

Pig Of The Hut

You are man lol

Gets out zoned
Reflect not an option
On wakeup forced to eat chip and block correctly
Cross over teleport on reaction to AA wins and sets up perfect distance that removes Rk wakeup option
At least against Freddy reflect works
Noob has weaker damage but still wins every trade

he's talking about kenshi can stop all lao pressure at any time

I dont see this happening at all, he . he can only punish lao for what he does or take the fight to him. I dont think there is anything else he can do in this matchup what I already know. kung lao over kenshi any day.

PS:
your lao is good enough for this matchup and if you would just put in the time with lao in the lab for a day you will see great improvements. go watch your own video at final round against pig. I think you forgot teleport 3 doesnt jail because you were spinning his pokes after teleport 3 on block. after any 1121 you didnt spin all those d1's he did.

It's defi
it's definitely Lao favor

Tom just caught up in the moment
as a lao player, you need to be in control of the match and the way it goes, if you cant do that you wont win with lao. it is not 8-2 bad as some people say but I think it is going to be 7-3 whatever people are going to come up with.

edit: anyone who is still oblivious about lao's teleport go look at usedforglue's video about the teleport in his kung lao guide. teleport instant 3 on block is basically the same guessing game as 1121 on block.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
This thread is ridiculous lol. I think kenshi would not be as much of a problem if there were more kenshi players. Getting experience against him can be difficult and fighting that shoulder charge for the first few times is frustrating as hell. The first time I played Pig i was not very happy, but after a some experience against the character I feel a lot better and I am sure next time we play it will go better.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
Gets out zoned
Reflect not an option
On wakeup forced to eat chip and block correctly
Cross over teleport on reaction to AA wins and sets up perfect distance that removes Rk wakeup option
At least against Freddy reflect works
Noob has weaker damage but still wins every trade
Insult to injury, Online its definitely 6-4 Noob because good luck trying to consistently reflect his projectiles, or even trying to reflect them at all...

Pig Of The Hut

your lao is good enough for this matchup and if you would just put in the time with lao in the lab for a day you will see great improvements. go watch your own video at final round against pig. I think you forgot teleport 3 doesnt jail because you were spinning his pokes after teleport 3 on block. after any 1121 you didnt spin all those d1's he did.
he cant spin without risk after 1121 or a d1

to be fair, rewatch. He did try those random spins in neutral situations and i baited and blocked everyone for 35%+

Pig Of The Hut

as a lao player, you need to be in control of the match and the way it goes, if you cant do that you wont win with lao. it is not 8-2 bad as some people say but I think it is going to be 7-3 whatever people are going to come up with.

edit: anyone who is still oblivious about lao's teleport go look at usedforglue's video about the teleport in his kung lao guide. teleport instant 3 on block is basically the same guessing game as 1121 on block.
its all 0 not +

he cant spin without risk after 1121 or a d1

to be fair, rewatch. He did try those random spins in neutral situations and i baited and blocked everyone for 35%+
thats why you outplayed him. the purpose of the spin is to first beat the pokes if you keep using them to interrupt his pressure. once the opponent is scared to poke, you have extended your pressure as a lao player. you made him stop spinning by blocking, but he should have mixed it up better in his pressure. thats why I said a lao player wont win if he doesnt control the pace of the match because you took it from him. you made him stop using the spin after you punished it like 2 times, if you take the threat of the spin away lao wont be half the character he is. you cant be afraid to represent that spin.

Pig Of The Hut

thats why you outplayed him. the purpose of the spin is to first beat the pokes if you keep using them to interrupt his pressure. once the opponent is scared to poke, you have extended your pressure as a lao player. you made him stop spinning by blocking, but he should have mixed it up better in his pressure. thats why I said a lao player wont win if he doesnt control the pace of the match because you took it from him. you made him stop using the spin after you punished it like 2 times, if you take the threat of the spin away lao wont be half the character he is. you cant be afraid to represent that spin.
yea agreed

that whole situation is 50/50 mind game

kenshi in noob sounds 5-5 to me, kenshi has to get around zoning but he negates the upknee and can make trades, he can force noob to the corner decently and work his phenomonal corner game, he also has solid rushdown