What's new

Launch trailer and E3: what to expect from MK11?

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!

In what should come as a massive relief to everyone craving something, anything, on MK11 and what’s next for NRS (which is all of us), we’ve just moved into the final stretch before E3. With NRS’ precedent of releasing initial launch trailers a week or so before E3, followed up by a gameplay reveal and a (very basic) demo at E3 itself, the finish line is hoving into view. Therefore, it’s time to start pondering what we’re going to see in a matter of weeks.

So, what’s gonna be in the launch trailer? Who are we going to see? Will we be able to guess or glean anything from the launch trailer or gameplay demo? Can we (or should we) expect any story details akin to knowing about Cassie and Kotal’s overall roles from the get-go in MKX?

Entertain me, NRS.

These questions and more are all addressed on the latest edition of everyone’s favourite NRS podcast, the Netherkast! Join Cyborg, @Temp, @Shad and Razor as they try to predict what NRS has in store for us in the upcoming weeks.

Also Razor can’t pronounce schadenfreude. I'll refrain from commenting about the American education system.

For the record, the launch trailer for MK9 centred Raiden v Shao Kahn in the Coliseum, but did feature other characters….

Which may be the most badass thing in the history of video games

…..while the MKX launch trailer featured an awesome fight between Scorpion and Sub Zero, that hinted at the presence of variations and interactables.

Which would also be incredibly badass if not for the somewhat jarring tunes of Wiz Khalifa.

This dude remember? Think a marginally more talented Lil’ Jon without the self awareness. If you don’t I cant blame considering he has done literally sweet F.A. in two years.

Real talk NRS. I get that you don’t want to use Techno Syndrome. I don’t know why, but I get that you don’t. But with Wiz Khalifa and that dubstep album for MK9 (admittedly, Reptile, Baraka and Sub Zero’s themes are bangers), the accompanying music for MK, which was once the strongest part of the franchise (see below), has sucked since the rebirth of MK.

Overlay this with the Scorpion-Sub Zero fight or, indeed, anything.

Sort yourselves out NRS. Either go back to the pseudo-Asian electronica of MK1/2/4 or the banging industrial from the movies and MK3, just find something that sounds good over a fight and isn’t going to date itself within 6 months. Because really, when was the last time anyone cared about Wiz Khalifa or dubstep?

And as always, check back to TYM for all the latest news on everything NRS, including the most up to date and in depth coverage on MK11 news as and when we get it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Slymind

Noob
I still wouldn't be suprised if it's not announced at e3, IPS finals could be another place to do it also.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'd like to see one of two things this time around, Raiden seriously fucking people up, killing them, banishing them you know unbound Raiden literally owning people like he should or second trailer, Scorpion and Sub-Zero working together destroying people lol.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
got baited but thread title!! depressed no trailer : (

styroteqe

Space Jockey

Sort yourselves out NRS. Either go back to the pseudo-Asian electronica of MK1/2/4 or the banging industrial from the movies and MK3, just find something that sounds good over a fight and isn’t going to date itself within 6 months. Because really, when was the last time anyone cared about Wiz Khalifa or dubstep?
I second the banging industrial. Some dark ambient would be awesome as well. Maybe NRS needs to give Snowbeasts a call and have them come up with something mood enhancing for a trailer.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I don't think we're getting a trailer this year. Injustice has only been out for a year. I don't think they are going to call it quits and release another game trailer so soon

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I don't think we're getting a trailer this year. Injustice has only been out for a year. I don't think they are going to call it quits and release another game trailer so soon
I hope so cuz NRS is at the bottom of the pole with hype levels currently with Inj2. Literally everybody from all the FGC is waiting for MK11

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I hope so cuz NRS is at the bottom of the pole with hype levels currently with Inj2. Literally everybody from all the FGC is waiting for MK11
i get that i just dont think itll happen. Id expect more DLC of some sort before id expect a new game

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I think the trailer and demo will do what MKX did and show us updated versions of classic characters (at the very least Scorpion and Sub-Zero) and the way they look and move and how their play style looks in comparison to the last two games will give us an idea of where they’re heading.

I hope Sub plays similar to the I2 version and looks more like the MKX version.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
NRS

Should Use Witch House , or bring back 90's techno and Movie songs .....no rap or hip hop , dont fit in MK world

Traci lords
Orbital
Utah Saints
KMFDM
Gravity Kills
Adema
Fear Factory

sooo Many options .......

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So basically going back to @MKF30

:D
lol maybe not THAT extreme but earlier unbound Raiden was a beast. The comics do him more justice besides that ending lol. He literally repairs cosmic rifts lol among other awesome things in the books. Though MK 4/MK X chapter 1 beginning intro that kind of almost happened the first time he beat Shinnok when Earth was still pretty primitive.