What's new

Latest Mortal Kombat 11 'leak': tag mode, full roster, DLC and more

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
well unless "generic smokeless grey ninja" is also gonna be in the game, the menu pictures are a pretty useless proof. Not that I don't think Kitana's in, but I see it as just as likely generic grey ninja and kind of rain looking from the back guy are not real characters and that's not what Kitana looks like now.
Liu Kang's already confirmed to be in thanks to the gameplay reveal, and he's in the menus, as well as Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Or Kano and Cassie in the local menu. Menu pictures may not necessarily mean 100% confirmation but it's clear a few chars who are in the roster but were not officially announced (Kano, Liu Kang. And Kano WAS confirmed later) ARE in the menus and are sort of surprise/non official confirmations or hints.

Last edited:

SubZeroIce

Runway
well unless "generic smokeless grey ninja" is also gonna be in the game, the menu pictures are a pretty useless proof. Not that I don't think Kitana's in, but I see it as just as likely generic grey ninja and kind of rain looking from the back guy are not real characters and that's not what Kitana looks like now.
Generic ninja with no design is very different than Kitana with a very elaborate portrait or her in a new outfit sporting her iconic fans.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Tag Mode!!!!!! How could I have missed this.

Add 3 months to my play-diction now. So instead of the usual 6 months, it is gonna be 9 months of playing pleasure.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So I told my friends who are more casuals/general gamers, about the tag news.

At first they were like :

oh yeah, they brought it back?! awesome

Me: Well, wait..actually it's only for single player not like the 4 player offline or 2 on 2 online from MK 9.

Them:Oh...well that's lame

So I told my friends who are more casuals/general gamers, about the tag news.

At first they were like :

oh yeah, they brought it back?! awesome

Me: Well, wait..actually it's only for single player not like the 4 player offline or 2 on 2 online from MK 9.

Them:Oh...well that's lame
Right... One of my friends was going to get the game then realised it's single tag lmao so they wont because they hate fighting me.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Right... One of my friends was going to get the game then realised it's single tag lmao so they wont because they hate fighting me.
lol I know the feeling haha. When I first met my friends, used to play MK all the time then when they realized how competitive I was and have been on the leaderboards in some MK games, they were like "yeah umm no... COD or Smash anyone?" lol

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Perhaps I'm too drunk but what the hell is that about "2 months of service"? I don't remember anything like this being mentioned before

Gamer68

Fujin!
sidenote - can someone explain the concept of a battle pass
A Battlepass is usually a collection of limited-time challenges that are available for a few months only, which are called "Seasons". Each challenge you complete will reward you with experience, currency, and/or cosmetics that are exclusive to the BP challenges. That is how it's handled in popular games like Fortnite.

Judging by the description, it sounds like it will work pretty much the same way in MK11. Battlepasses will probably be used to try to keep players playing, because they will have to grind to get a special limited-time skin or something.

These used to be in the description on other retailers, but then they removed it and replaced it with "7 skins and 7 gear sets" instead. I don't know why NRS is trying to hide them, but here's hoping they are done properly.

"Tag" mode is a very disappointing gyp. Why not allow for co-op tag play when the "swapping" mechanics is clearly already present in the game? Even if it were restricted for offline use only, it would extend replay value greatly, as well as give them a big selling point to festoon across promotional material.

I know about the "no one used co-op tag in MK9" refrain, that they trot out every time they're confronted with the associated uncomfortable question... But, no one knows what data they based their claimed assessments on (online use only?), and seeing as the core functionality is indeed in Mk11, it would not be like overhauling the base game to make it work for 2-player play / a dedicate game mode... Heck, the "tag" provided can likely be "hot-swapped" between two players, using two controllers / gamepad emulator as is (on PC, that is), anyway -- why not incorporate this properly and allow it for the entirety of arcade or survival mode play; rather than merely as a throw-away gimmick...?

Seems like a no-brainer... as well as a waste of potential.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Imagine tag matches but with characters in the same team interacting to each other lol that would be so much fun.

idk but my friends played tag team in MK9 a lot. It was just for fun. Like, it's okay for videogames to be fun.

Reactions: Zev