What's new

Last Thread of Hope for Rain

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
i'll bet my life he's coming back. mostly cause of the fact that he was found in pc version
Well it's a shame you have to die...

He wasn't "found" on the PC version, someone modded the game so Rain's model and moves (which are his MK9 moveset anyway and were taken from story mode) could be used instead of some other character.

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
Nah I still think he's coming back.

He got too much work put into him to just stay a NPC. His model is a COMPLETE overhaul in comparison to what Baraka and Sindel got. They got tweaked a little--he was completely remade.

He's got the fan base as well, so he'll pop up sooner or later. NRS knows he's free money.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Nah I still think he's coming back.

He got too much work put into him to just stay a NPC. His model is a COMPLETE overhaul in comparison to what Baraka and Sindel got. They got tweaked a little--he was completely remade.

He's got the fan base as well, so he'll pop up sooner or later. NRS knows he's free money.
"too much work"? Besides his costume he's had no extra attention compared to Baraka or Sindel. Hell, Baraka had a different costume too. His mvoes are just his MK9 moveset.

As for the fanbase he's popular but not as popular as Fujin, Smoke, Noob, etc. I wouldn't mind seeing him back mind you I just don't think it's going to happen unless they do release a story pack.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
"too much work"? Besides his costume he's had no extra attention compared to Baraka or Sindel. Hell, Baraka had a different costume too. His mvoes are just his MK9 moveset.

As for the fanbase he's popular but not as popular as Fujin, Smoke, Noob, etc. I wouldn't mind seeing him back mind you I just don't think it's going to happen unless they do release a story pack.
Smoke

YGDWaffles

Breakfast Lunch & Dinner's for Beginners
Well, I dunno but I just have a huge hunch that sooner or later a story pack is gonna come, and it just might have the people in the "Kombatants" section of the concept art: Rain, Fujin, Baraka, and Bo rai cho. I could totally see Rain, Fujin, and Baraka, they've all been redesigned a lot and have the fanbase, and they might have another guest for a 4th, or someone else from the story like Smoke (oh escuuuuse me his name is enenrenrenrenra now) or Sindel. just my thoughts.

Also, the "ugh this character is redesigned as much he wont come" argument is invalid, because playable Tanya is a completely different monster than story Tanya

Kogia

Noob
Rain really should have been in from the start, with that thought and that he is one of the most popular characters they haven't put in, they'd really be silly not to make people shell out for him as dlc, he's a safer bet for sales than most.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
As much as I love Rain and feel that it was a mistake leaving him unplayable in MKX, I think he's best saved for the next game. Hopefully all the feedback has made NRS realize that Rain is very much a Kombatant that deserves to be playable in the game (he's come a long way from being just a throwaway joke character).