What's new

General/Other - Lasher Lasher Discussion Thread

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
His 50/50 is either b1 or the lash trip right? (Can't remember the name)
It is actually b2 whip trip or b21, but the thing is 50/50s aren't what make the character good, it is the space control and his domination of the neutral/midscreen. Low slash (the quick long reaching poke that is a mid) is his best and most valuable tool. Although to be good with him you need to utilize almost everything in his tool set. You need to know what buttons to press and when to press them. He is very very good and IMO arguably his best variation. His domination of the neutral makes him borderline broken.

It is actually b2 whip trip or b21, but the thing is 50/50s aren't what make the character good, it is the space control and his domination of the neutral/midscreen. Low slash (the quick long reaching poke that is a mid) is his best and most valuable tool. Although to be good with him you need to utilize almost everything in his tool set. You need to know what buttons to press and when to press them. He is very very good and IMO arguably his best variation. His domination of the neutral makes him borderline broken.
And we're talking about lasher right? About being his best variation? Just making sure. Also all of takeda's variations have the low slash?

MrProfDrPepper

And we're talking about lasher right? About being his best variation? Just making sure. Also all of takeda's variations have the low slash?
Yes we are. And no low slash is exclusive to lasher. The tools that are exclusive to lasher are whip trip. Whip flurry, low slash, and his air whip normals. All of which when used in tandom with the universal tools make him the best space control character in the and one that absolutely destroyed the neutral with the only one coming remotely close being alien

Takeda's ex kunai, I've noticed if it lands mid screen or anywhere not in the corner throws the opponent back to the corner, can you follow up with anything after the ex kunai? Or only in the corner?

MrProfDrPepper

Takeda's ex kunai, I've noticed if it lands mid screen or anywhere not in the corner throws the opponent back to the corner, can you follow up with anything after the ex kunai? Or only in the corner?
You can but it really really isn't worth it. For the most part ex kunai when used mid screen is used as a scare tactic to make your opponent afraid to move or press a button, allowing you to either go in for free pressure or space yourself in a more advantageous position

You can but it really really isn't worth it. For the most part ex kunai when used mid screen is used as a scare tactic to make your opponent afraid to move or press a button, allowing you to either go in for free pressure or space yourself in a more advantageous position
Ah ok thanks. I'm liking lasher more than sr or ronin, most say lasher is his weakest variation and I'm ok with that and he's fun. You mention lasher isn't a Rushdown variation, so I'm guessing sr and ronin are more rushdown type? And is lasher more suited towards defensive style players?

Ah ok thanks. I'm liking lasher more than sr or ronin, most say lasher is his weakest variation and I'm ok with that and he's fun. You mention lasher isn't a Rushdown variation, so I'm guessing sr and ronin are more rushdown type? And is lasher more suited towards defensive style players?
Ronin is his true rushdown variation but tbh all his variations can be played defensive and offensive IMO

MrProfDrPepper

I think lasher is just as good as ronin and sr IMO. And yes lasher is definitely the defensive variation. He plays defense and space control the best out of all the variations. However he can rushdown, I personally use his rushdown as burst rushdown, where you go in confuse the opponent, do your pressure, get out and be a defensive wall. Lasher is an amazing wall.

IDK I think Lasher is as good as ronin but You don t need to play defensive you can pressure them and use your 50/50s mid kunai and range to open them up

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
You could land b2, 1 into df1. Not much damage, but definetely more than just EX Kunai. Tough convertion though.

ExoticAbuse

★Two Hands★
My Lasher definitely needs some help. Perhaps we could spar some time? ;)
Yeah man, sorry I didn't reply to this sooner, send me an invite whenever you see me on. GT: C88 ExoticAbuse

I don't mind playing my Lasher with you both.. Send me invites when your on and see me online :)
PLEASA, I have been wanting to play you since before EVO, I have secret Takeda tech to share.

MrProfDrPepper

Yeah man, sorry I didn't reply to this sooner, send me an invite whenever you see me on. GT: C88 ExoticAbuse

PLEASA, I have been wanting to play you since before EVO, I have secret Takeda tech to share.
Pm me that secret takeda tech please, I'm really curious what you found. And how useful it is