What's new

Laptop charging trouble

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
hi guys, I'm having a problem with my laptop (Product name:HP Notebook, Product number:X6V87UA#ABL).

Ever since this morning, it has been between 0-5% charged with the message "plugged in, not charging". It's been plugged in all day and nothing has changed :/

Any idea on what I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Try another charger and see if it does the same thing.

If it does, then it is the charger or battery. In that case buy a new charger or get a new battery, whichever it turns out to be.

If it doesn't, then it is the computer in some way. Odds are something related to the charging port's wiring being tampered with in some way when it is connected to the main motherboard.

Last edited:

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Try another charger and see if it does the same thing.

If it does, then it is the charger. In that case buy a new one.

If it doesn't, then it is the computer in some way. Odds are something related to the charging port's wiring being tampered with in some way when it is connected to the main motherboard.
Or it's just the battery gone bad, which all batteries eventually do.

If it was something more serious it's likely the power adapter wouldn't be able to power the thing.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Or it's just the battery gone bad, which all batteries eventually do.

If it was something more serious it's likely the power adapter wouldn't be able to power the thing.
Right, forgot about that possibility.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Just to see what avenues you have, maybe pop out the battery and see if still works plugged in? If that's the case, I'd be leaning more towards the battery than the charger

Reactions: Ram