What's new

Question Landing b3's (and WW online combos vs. offline combos)

Droogy

Lets Fight Like Gentlemen
alright this is a constant question in the general discussion so I thought it would be best that we try to address this in its own thread. I'm having some HUGE issues landing b3 to extend combos.

I can normally hit it offline I'd say 60-70% of the time so I don't claim to be amazing at it but online its impossible, I went like 10 games in player matches trying to land b3 in a combo and got nothing but punished for it.

the specific combo I am trying is j.2, 33, 23, b3, j.3. I haven't masted that so I haven't added anymore

I've tried multiple combos including a few from the combo list here (though normally I try to make my own combos cause i learn them better that way) yet I still can't hit it online

I seem to just barely wiff each time. I suppose it may just be a situation of practice practice practice to get the timing right but that raises a bigger questions. Online, is it just better to use more basic combos that are easier to hit? (like my BnB which is (j.2), 33, b113, b2, 3 (sometimes with a lasso grab).

So in the end two questions

am I maybe doing something wrong and hitting my b3's late or something somehow (I mash the shit out of it so I dunno) Or do I just need to practice.

and if its so hard to hit, when your relagated to a mainly online enviorment like I am, is it even feasible to learn combos like that that add only around 6-8% onto my normal guaranteed BnB's?

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
The B3 link is easier to connect if you hit the 23 string early after launching them with 33. Basically, you want to connect 23 when the opponent is as high above the ground as possible to get maximum launch height (but if you do it too early, 3 will whiff). Also the link is a lot easier when starting with an anti-air d2, again because of the increased launch height. Other than that, it's just practice. I can perform her B3 combos 70% of the time online now, so it's possible. But yeah, it's annoying when you whiff and get punished for it.

Droogy

I took tome today to go to a friends house who is pretty much equal skill with me, I swear I hit the combo 90% of the time which proves to me that I jsut have to practice with the online timing of it, simulated lag in training mode would have been awesome

Online I often have the same problem when fighting against a laggy individual. I don't think there is a way to train for lag and I wouldn't bother. Hopefully you play against people with better connections in the future.

Sailorblade

Mains mostly hotties
Definitely use combos you can get connect over combos you're trying to master, as until you can get the timing down online you'll most likely be getting whiff punished which is not worth it. Usually online I just time the things a bit earlier since lag kicks in most times, but nothing you can do then to practice.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
yeah the b3 even after a good 23 still is almost impossible for me to do online. i honestly just have an easier time doing b113, b113, b113 lassograb. its 2% less damage and not as flashy, but its so reliable.

i'd love to main WW but her BnBs are just too inconsistent online compared to Superman... or most others ive tried like Batman or Aquaman.

Droogy

yeah the b3 even after a good 23 still is almost impossible for me to do online. i honestly just have an easier time doing b113, b113, b113 lassograb. its 2% less damage and not as flashy, but its so reliable.

i'd love to main WW but her BnBs are just too inconsistent online compared to Superman... or most others ive tried like Batman or Aquaman.
make sure your inputing with a single putton press instead of mashing.....I still don't know WHY that works....but for some reason it helps me to land them...and I'm not gonna question it.

Skip the b3. Her BnBs are WAY easier if you just do j2 after 23.

b113 23 ji2 23 df1 = 35% (39% with mb df1)

Slightly less damage, but well worth it when you consider how unreliable the b3 link is.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Her combos online are different than offline more so than any other character I've played. I mean when you go to Superman, his combos are SO easy to time and hitconfirm, its annoying :/

Droogy

Skip the b3. Her BnBs are WAY easier if you just do j2 after 23.

b113 23 ji2 23 df1 = 35% (39% with mb df1)

Slightly less damage, but well worth it when you consider how unreliable the b3 link is.
I normally go for a j2, 33, b113, b23 as one of mine which is 34% (30% w/o the jump in)
then I use a few more but I just hate that I can't be flashy with WW in the slightest online haha

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I normally go for a j2, 33, b113, b23 as one of mine which is 34% (30% w/o the jump in)
then I use a few more but I just hate that I can't be flashy with WW in the slightest online haha
thats actually not a bad one if you cant connect another b113 after the first b113 consistently online and ending with a lasso grab. only 4% less damage with your combo compared to 33, b113, b113, lassograb.

... and it leaves you close to the opponent too, but they seem to get right up immediately, whereas when you end with a grab you can get up close by dashing 3 times and either throwing them or b23 them.

Droogy

thats actually not a bad one if you cant connect another b113 after the first b113 consistently online and ending with a lasso grab. only 4% less damage with your combo compared to 33, b113, b113, lassograb.

... and it leaves you close to the opponent too, but they seem to get right up immediately, whereas when you end with a grab you can get up close by dashing 3 times and either throwing them or b23 them.
I KNOW, that combo is really not about the damage, but the amazing positioning

you just have to air-dash once to get back in with a overhead, its my rushdown combo it also places you in perfect position for a otg interactable on alot of stages if you can land it early in the fight.

its one of the things I found during the demo that I still use

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
I KNOW, that combo is really not about the damage, but the amazing positioning

you just have to air-dash once to get back in with a overhead, its my rushdown combo it also places you in perfect position for a otg interactable on alot of stages if you can land it early in the fight.

its one of the things I found during the demo that I still use
I'm not a fan of b+23's positioning, dash -> air dash J2 is tricky but it's not meaty, and you can't dash up twice into a meaty. Lasso Grab >>> b+23, I'd never end a combo willingly into b+23.

chores

bad at things
online i do

b113 b113 b113 lasso

f3 b113 b113 lasso

b3 j3 b113 b113 lasso

11 spin b113 23 lasso

33 23 j2 b113 lasso

easy online because you can just mash out the b113 on the way down from connecting the j2

Droogy

I'm not a fan of b+23's positioning, dash -> air dash J2 is tricky but it's not meaty, and you can't dash up twice into a meaty. Lasso Grab >>> b+23, I'd never end a combo willingly into b+23.
looks like were gonna disagree on that. Though I worked so much with both regularly dashing and air dashing in for the j.2 that its just natural for me so its probably just something I taught myself to do.

I normally choose a more damaging combo if the connection will allow for it, but for bad connections, that combo is my go to

redeyes

Button Masher
I took tome today to go to a friends house who is pretty much equal skill with me, I swear I hit the combo 90% of the time which proves to me that I jsut have to practice with the online timing of it, simulated lag in training mode would have been awesome
do online practice mode with a friend. bam you can practice in lag.

Droogy

do online practice mode with a friend. bam you can practice in lag.
yes and we do that alot but I still can't hit it plus those I play with all have good connections, I CAN hit the combo now that i have practiced enough

That said the issue now is that its impractical because I miss the combo far too much