What's new

Tech lance dash canceling

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
hey everyone i dont think this is known as i just started messing around with it.

at the end of a combo mid screen if you do b2, lance blast and forward dash cancel it into a neutral jump itll reverse the direction of the opponents wake up. most of the time this will lead to a full punnish. obviously any attacks like black adams cage will do the same thing its always done but even supermans rising grab or doomsdays up venom will whiff. depending on the wake up attack if you do a j2 or j3 you can full punish the wake up. and if the opponent decides to not wake up and to block you have an ambiguous cross up where nj3 will cross them up. also for some of the advancing attacks (dds venom, catdash ect.) in order to punish you have to do a forward jump 3. you can also end the combos in 2,2.....1,1... or 21 but ive found doing b2 makes them expect mine set ups and hesitant to do anythin too foolish

the problem is if the opponent tech rolls then wakes up. it wont reverse the wake up attack anymore BUT if you forward dash cancel the lance and immediately do a forward jumping 3 itll still cause a good amount of wake up attacks to whiff and have the forward jumping 3 hit them allowing you to do 1,mb vacuum for a combo.

so the reason that you would do this instead of trait dashing is because ive found that this is quicker and some attacks will actually hit you while your jumping after trait dashing and get rid of the armor the lance dash cancel wont get hit by the same move and also give you a punish. im still working on more lance canceling nonsense but its not all there yet what do you all think?

@Galactic Geek
@LtLuthor
@fromundamon
@ShadowBeatz
@uhfutzafooken
@Thead
@imblackjames
@GGA pimpimjim
@rev0lver
Spacepopsicle

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
I'll have to try it, I've been using b3 ji2 2xxtrait dash in, I think it puts you in the same scenario you've described.

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
This is really nice! In fact, a few days ago I was thinking if it was possible to dash cancel Lance Blast, turns out you can haha!

I'm going to incoportate this on my game, 'cause I like to have options when trait is on CD or to simply save my trait for the next setup(s).

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I've been doing something similar with u.3xxLance cancel, its pretty spiffy but mine is just more for being in that awkward uncomfortable spot the opponents tend not to like me in lol