What's new

Lair of Altaire (With The Huggable Tay Bear): Episode 2, with CD Jr

Altaire

Noob
Episode 2: Of Boffs and Narfs

After a hefty delay, LoA is finaly back with our second episode. This week, our special guest was MLG Columbus champion CD Jr, representing vVv, NOS, VSM, The Dominican Republic and Ohio toilet disasters. We spoke to CD Jr fresh off his victory, with subjects ranging from his clutch victory over REO in the grand finals, his long-awaited showdown with Perfect Legend, the infamous Cage bandwagon and the wonders of asparagus.

Also, be sure to check out this thread before next week's episode:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/lair-of-altaire-with-the-huggable-tay-bear-episode-2-q-a.15344/

Starting with episode 2, we began doing a Q&A session, where TYM could submit their questions for THTB, myself or the guests of the week. From here on, this thread will be moved and changed into a general Q&A thread for the duration of the show. Questions can be submitted at any time, and during every recording, we'll answer any new questions cumulatively. If you have a question for a specific guest, we'll try and prioritize your submissions to ensure that they're addressed while the guest is on the show. Feel free to ask us anything, whether it's related to MK9, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter x Tekken or any other fighters on the market, and we'll try our best to answer them (if you have any sympathy, you won't ask me anything about KOF13). In fact, feel free to ask us anything about anything at all!

Unfortunately, while my laptop is still on Ubuntu life support, I'm unable to upload to the main site right now. The only alternative is to use the Sendspace mirror I've provided. Hopefully, this episode will be uploaded to the main site sometime this evening, but for now, you'll have to use the mirror. I apologize for any inconvenience, but unfortunately, my options are extremely limited while my laptop is still in this state. I had very little time to edit and upload this episode, so I was forced to make do with what was available to me. Hopefully, the next episode will still be up later next week, provided I can find a reliable method to record and edit each episode.

With that said, we hope you enjoy episode 2!

Main Link
Mirror

Previous Episodes (Well, Episode) can be found here: http://thedigitaldojo.net/podcast/

EDIT: The mirror is fixed! I'm currently working on getting the file uploaded to the main site via FTP, but for now, I've re-uploaded the original edited file and I can confirm that THIS download works properly. I'm still not sure what caused the other file to be corrupted (though I can confirm that it happened somewhere between copying it to my thumb drive and uploading it from my own comp), but nevertheless, everything is fine now. I hope the episode was worth the wait.

Is the audio messed up for anybody else? It skips and does some goofy shit every few seconds; not sure if it's just a corrupt download or there's a problem with the source file. Re-downloading to confirm.

Altaire

Noob
Is the audio messed up for anybody else? It skips and does some goofy shit every few seconds; not sure if it's just a corrupt download or there's a problem with the source file. Re-downloading to confirm.
If it does, I'm going to tear my fucking hair out.

I'll check right now just to be sure.

Don't even know how to work this shit from mobile, it doesn't work for iOS, (iPod 2G), should just make it acessible like KTP via Youtube.

Altaire

Noob
Don't even know how to work this shit from mobile, it doesn't work for iOS, (iPod 2G), should just make it acessible like KTP via Youtube.
If you were any other user on this site, I might take that into consideration.

We're working on getting the podcast uploaded to a partnered Youtube channel. Until then, it's only going to be accessible via mirrors and our main site.

Altaire

Noob
Well, I can confirm that the audio is glitched.

...I really don't know WHAT happened. I exported it, listened to it to ensure that it worked fine, and somehow it blew up in the time it took me to put it on a thumb drive, put it back on my OWN laptop and upload it.

I don't even know what to say anymore. I have ONE possible workaround I can use to edit it late tonight and have it uploaded for tomorrow afternoon. I'm really sorry for the constant delays, but trying to produce a podcast with a laptop I can't even get into is proving to be more than I can handle. Please bear with me in the meantime, and I'll try to have it up for tomorrow.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Hey, I tried this in both VLC and Quicktime and get similar results. Something I did notice in VLC, the length of the audio file is variable and flucutates up and down quite a bit. I'm not sure if this will shed any light into the issue, but hopefully you can get this up and running. Looking forward to it!

Altaire

Noob
Hey, I tried this in both VLC and Quicktime and get similar results. Something I did notice in VLC, the length of the audio file is variable and flucutates up and down quite a bit. I'm not sure if this will shed any light into the issue, but hopefully you can get this up and running. Looking forward to it!
Odds are, this particular file is just shot, and I'll have to edit it all over again. I appreciate the help, but unfortunately, I don't think anything can be done about it. I do still have the original recording, so I can try to edit and post that tonight.

Altaire

Noob
GOOD NEWS! I re-uploaded the original file (edited into the main post), and it's finally working! It should be uploaded to the main site sometime tonight as well, but for now, you can download the mp3 itself from the mirror. Enjoy!

Altaire

Noob
As a heads up, the audio is a little quiet, but the volume levels are pretty even. If you just turn it up a bit, it should be fine. It's far from pristine, but I had a limited amount of time to edit this, so I had to make the most of my time. Overall, I think it's very listenable, so that's good enough for me.

Espio

Kokomo
I tried clicking on the link and my virus software said it was to a malicious site..:confused:.

I had no trouble watching the first episode, so this is interesting to me.

Altaire

Noob
I tried clicking on the link and my virus software said it was to a malicious site..:confused:.

Well, the second episode isn't on the main site just yet. Sendspace is fine, I assure you. Your anti-virus software is probably just freaking out over the site certificate, which can happen.

xsparklex

Banned

I didn't get any virus warnings. The podcast played fine, nothing to worry about.

The show is pretty good, very concise. My only concern was towards the end when the host started calling out Lord of the Fly. I found it really strange because I have heard of Lord of the Fly. He has done a lot for the ATL MK scene, he's gone to a lot of tournaments both locals and majors and has done pretty well. I have never heard of this guy 'altair' though. I haven't heard about him going to any tournaments at all. I haven't heard about him doing anything for the scene. So why is he calling out good people like LoTF? Maybe when Altair makes a name for himself outside of making a podcast, he'll have the right to talk/criticize people. Until then, he's just making himself look bad/bitter. I also laughed at the part when Altair was saying he's done so much for the community like write these guides and CDjr pretty much laughed in his face and said 'we know'. I haven't read or even seen any guides by this guy.

I won't be listening to episode 3....

Altaire

Noob
I also laughed at the part when Altair was saying he's done so much for the community like write these guides and CDjr pretty much laughed in his face and said 'we know'. I haven't read or even seen any guides by this guy.

I won't be listening to episode 3....
I love how LotF made himself a new account just to pretend anyone else in this community gives a fuck about him. I'm sure it's pure coincidence that someone with his exact writing style made an account, today, just to post this.

I never once claimed to have written a single guide, or to have done anything for the community. In fact, I've made it expressly clear that I have no intention of contributing information to the greater community, because I see no point in doing so. I don't know WHAT point in the show you're trying to refer to, but I never once claimed to have written guides for MK9. I haven't, nor do I intend to. I started work on a Cyber Sub guide that I ultimately never finished, as I felt it would only be discredited and brushed aside anyhow. Of course, that's neither here nor there; I just wanted to clarify that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, though that only makes it all the more obvious that you're LotF.

Hope you enjoyed the show!

xsparklex

Banned
At the end of the show cdjr was talking about mk10 and who he was taking into the lab first. Then you started talking about sharing tech. You then started to say how much tech you discovered and put out there. It sounded like you said you wrote a noob saibot guide. Idk.. Then cdjr said "oh we know" in a mocking manner. Look I don't care one way or the other I thought your show was well produced but you discrediting tournament players when you have only been to one... It just spoiled the whole show for me.

I mean... Don't put out material to the public if you can't take the criticism . The way you replied to my first post was completely uncalled for and down right childish.

Altaire

Noob
He said "Oh, we know" in a mocking manner? LOL holy shit. Some people really do hear whatever they want to hear.

I talk to Jr on a regular basis. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to clarify that I've made some pretty good finds in MK9. I never claimed to be the godfather of hidden tech, just that I've made some contributions to the characters I know particularly well (most notably Cyber Sub, Noob and Skarlet), only to have most of this site's population try to discredit me for it. Honestly, I really don't care anymore. I haven't been talking about it, so I don't see why you are.

Give it up, Fly. I find it really hard to believe that someone who regularly frequents TYM only saw fit to sign up and make an account just to complain about my podcast, within ONE DAY of it being posted.