What's new

Lack of MKX rivalry has community eager for MK9 runback at KIT 2017

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
A runback request of the NetherRealm community is currently at 85.7% for "Yes", I want to see this set.

Just days ago @Hollywood DMS made a thread about the well-known @Tom Brady calling out the current and long-running BEST Mortal Kombat player in the World, @SonicFox5000 to battle it out in not Mortal Kombat X, but Mortal Kombat 9. Although, I have not found any proof of Tom calling out SonicFox, the poll results are speaking for themselves. Over 140 voters want to see the two meet in an exhibition match at Kumite in Tennessee. Kumite in Tennessee (KIT) is less than two weeks away and has a lot to offer for the NetherRealm Community.

If this set does happen, it will be a first to 13 matches. Unfortunately, for past EVO Champ, Perfect Legend... he is responsible for the 13 and not 10 as it usually is. See below on why this is First to 13.

Summer Jam 9 Grudge Match: cR SonicFox vs RZR Perfect Legend

Back to the topic at hand. Simply put, with the lack of rivalry in the Mortal Kombat X community, the community has called upon this request to make it happen. Tom Brady, the one who introduced Perfect Legend to Mortal Kombat 9, against SonicFox in a First to 13. Will he have any better luck than the two-time EVO Champ? I guess we'll have to wait and see until @Vandy approves the exhibition at KIT 2017!

rb.png
(photo of SonicFox vs Tom Brady at Winter Brawl 6 in their casual match)

A younger SonicFox meets against Tom Brady during Winter Brawl 6 for a casual set w/ a big audience. This match was not streamed to my knowledge, so I apologize for the shaking footage... yes, I was the one recording.

If you want to see these runback (calling it a runback because it's going back to MK9 and Sonic and Tom have played against each other in the game, in tournament before), go here and supply your vote!

And don't forget about this...
kitmkx.png

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Nice write up
Well thought out

I know the title was not implying this but this is more for people who see it as an implication.

Even if you brought MK9 back the rivalries be still the same as they are now.
It's nothing got to do with the game it's more based on the community, most are friends now, a lot matured up,a lot dropped out and a lot are not assed now.

That's my take

But this should be hype though.

Last edited:

WATCHD0G

Noob
damn @STORMS even back in the day you were still clutch with all this
man I hope we get some wwe level rivalry for injustice 2, the salt needs to be real again!!!

buy all kidding aside it would nice to have exhibitionsome even if the people are friends, just some good old competition between top players to get things rolling from time to time

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Nice write up
Well thought out

I know the title was not implying this but this is more for people who see it as an implication.

Even if you brought MK9 back the rivalries be still the same as they are now.
It's nothing got to do with the game it's more based on the community, most are friends now, a lot matured up,a lot dropped out and a lot are not assed now.

That's my take

But this should be hype though.
This is essentially my thoughts, also maybe the creation of YOMI playing a small part in the lack of rivalries as well.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
By what fucking metric is MKX not doing well lmao

The lack of "rivalry" would happen to any scene with someone as dominant as Fox in a scene taht isn't that fresh anymore.
Yeah there can't really be a rivalry when 97% of the scene is just plain not good enough. I would make the argument that that is because most people won't shut up and play/quit, but I digress.

The real question should be is the manner in which this event would have been hype...waiting for Fox's inevitable victory? I don't get it.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Summer Jam 9 Grudge Match: cR SonicFox vs RZR Perfect Legend
Man, I cried from the laughs with Sonicfox's constant trolling there. hahahahaha! He seriously made PL furious there. xD

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Look at those wide smiles, those loud laughs. Look at the Hype. That is the whole MK9 experience right there.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
@STORMS this post is total bollocks. For starters no one is "eager" for the match up any more than any other.. people are keen to see MK9 come out of mothballs but that is about it. It is nothing to do with MKx rivalries. In fact if you read the thread that started well over 1/2 are saying exactly that and many are saying the entire thing is completely pointless and no one should care.. only a few posts of the entire thread are actually excited for the match beyond the fact it is a MK9 match.

If there was a mk9 exhibition i would wanna see sonicfox vs scar because i loved watching skarlett and it would keep their current 1st and 2nd place rivalry alive

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
We should just all go back to MK9 as the main game. Best fighting game of all time IMO. I really miss it.