What's new

Kustoms in Kombat League?

Hey all,

I just played a match in Kombat League for the first time in, uh, I think over a year. Anyway, as far as I know, Kustoms are available in Kombat League, yes? If so... how exactly do you select them?

I quickly moved one Variation over to choose the usual Kustom I want (like how I do in offline), and I was mortified to find it had selected the second Tournament Variation! I lost that first match quite handily, and looking more closely at the character select screen before going in to the second match, I noticed it shows the three official Tournament Variations, and also the two default ones; none of my Kustoms were present, nor could I find a way to select Kustom Abilities like in the Tournament Game Mode. I went with Jaded Jade and won the Set, thankfully, but I was quite perplexed.

So yeah, how exactly do I choose my Kustom Variations here?

Art Lean

Noob
It should have the three official ones, but then if you keep scrolling through to the right your custom ones should be available afterwards. If you scroll to the left to select your variation then you should come across your custom ones immediately.

Or at least you should do. Never had any issues myself with them not appearing?

It should have the three official ones, but then if you keep scrolling through to the right your custom ones should be available afterwards. If you scroll to the left to select your variation then you should come across your custom ones immediately.

Or at least you should do. Never had any issues myself with them not appearing?
Okay, so as far as I can tell, there's five slots on the Character Select Screen. Sounds like three of them still being taken up by official Tournament Variations is a thing.

I know though that in the Kustomize menu, you can create a total of five Kustom Variations. So in Kombat League, it's only the first two that appear for selection? If I wanted to use my fourth Kustom Variation, I'd have to move it to slots one or two?

Do I have that right?

drewrman

There is no knowledge that is not power.
there are some equipped abilities that cannot be used in kombat league because they are considered overpowered (e.g., fujin's jet stream or terminator's terminate & endoskeleton). check your kustom variations in the kustomization menu whether they have such moves equipped (look for the warning sign in the lower left of the ability's preview image).

there are some equipped abilities that cannot be used in kombat league because they are considered overpowered (e.g., fujin's jet stream or terminator's terminate & endoskeleton). check your kustom variations in the kustomization menu whether they have such moves equipped (look for the warning sign in the lower left of the ability's preview image).
Thanks, that I knew about, and all my moves are Tournament legal, so that's not the issue I'm having.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
Online is different from offline, you dont select which abilities you want right before the match, you gotta make your own kustom variation in the menu and select it.
it shows the 3 tourney variations and all the ones you created (up to 5)

Thanks all.

All five Kustom Variations showed up this time. So yesterday was either a glitch, or I completely missed them without realizing it.