What's new

Kustom D'vorah 75% unbreakable reset with Unblockable throw.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
It's very common for Strep grab setups that people read them with a D2 KB, removing the bugs from play. Is that possible in this scenario?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
It's very common for Strep grab setups that people read them with a D2 KB, removing the bugs from play. Is that possible in this scenario?

When I tried it in the corner, I couldn't d2 KB, when I tried it midscreen they could. Needs more testing.

Also, that's what the b34 is for. You get 270 off that without meter. 220 into setup.

Second Saint

Ok, I've done more labbing, and they can d2 kb you midscreen, but in the corner, if you do it right, they can't.

Also, this tech has evolved and lead to this wizardry.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Ok, I've done more labbing, and they can d2 kb you midscreen, but in the corner, if you do it right, they can't.

Also, this tech has evolved and lead to this wizardry.

Ok. So grabs midscreen may be suicide to attempt. B3 works quite well. Does the timing on the bugs line up appropriately to allow the use of F4? I know they can interrupt the knockdown splat to "restand" them if the timing is right. If the second bug's timing lines up, that means you can abuse the 50/50 in midscreen and then do guaranteed grabs in the corner.

Second Saint

Ok. So grabs midscreen may be suicide to attempt. B3 works quite well. Does the timing on the bugs line up appropriately to allow the use of F4? I know they can interrupt the knockdown splat to "restand" them if the timing is right. If the second bug's timing lines up, that means you can abuse the 50/50 in midscreen and then do guaranteed grabs in the corner.
No, it doesn't restand, but the last bug will hit them meaty. Also, seems like you're overthinking it to me. D2 KB risk is just a fact of life for characters that have to throw, and D'vorah has to throw. It's a 50/50 and a pretty good one.

I've also found out since that b34 on block is plus in the corner from this setup. If you want to stay plus on block midscreen, you can do b3~bf4.

Second Saint

Bit of an update on this, I've been labbing what happens when you get knocked back midscreen instead of towards the opponent. Originally, I just considered it undesirable since you don't get a combo, but upon further review, it's not really a bad thing. You get about 75 damage from it, it puts you in perfect max f2 range, and it's something like +20 because they can't jump out of the f2.

If you get a 2 bug grab on oki, say like from 121, so that you still have bar to convert off that f2, it's pretty good. People just don't expect that they 100% have to hold that from so far away, same reason they get hit after back throw, but a bit better since you don't have to dash.