What's new

Kung Lao U2 hitbox problem (video)

Sorry about the quality.
Kung Lao's wakeup u2 does not anti-air properly. As you can see in the video, u2's hitbox goes right through the airborne opponent! U2 whiffs against all characters up close or on crossup.

What I tried to show in the video was u2 whiffing even at the lowest point of the jump. Make no mistake, there is no hitbox for u2 higher in the air. The highest u2 reaches is a short hop and I believe it just barely touches their feet.

Last edited:
Kung Lao's U3 is actually much better at anti-airing. U3 does not allow for a follow up combo, even when you hit the opponent out of the air with the highest reaching and latest part of U3.

With certain timing of jump on knock down U3 can be made to whiff and be punished with a full combo.

Sorry about the quality.
Kung Lao's wakeup u2 does not anti-air properly. As you can see in the video, u2's hitbox goes right through the airborne opponent! U2 whiffs against all characters up close or on crossup.

What I tried to show in the video was u2 whiffing even at the lowest point of the jump. Make no mistake, there is no hitbox for u2 higher in the air. The highest u2 reaches is a short hop and I believe it just barely touches their feet.
Yeah hitboxes dont make sense in this game. You cant go by visuals. Dont know why its wonky this way but if I had to guess, its the result of designing a 3D styled fighter and forcing it to work on a strictly 2D plane.

I did some research and the phenomena is not new. Been happening since MK switched from 2D to 3D after UMK3. I'ts not limited to kung pow only , alot of characters have unsolved mystery hit and hurt boxes.