What's new

Kung lao players unite

oBryant

Noob
Why is it that 70% of people i beat call me cheap for using kung lao.. and i dont even do the whole infinite i stop it around 40% to 45% and then they tell me im using cheap shit.. then i choose scorpion and aaHP HP LP spear auto combo them and they still call me cheap

oBryant

Noob
no i am just amused at how some people have the nerve to call you a noob after you beat there kabal run jab spamming ass's with scorpion..

LK-7T2

Noob
lol i've done the full infinite against hella of people and i dont get called cheap or anything, I usually get complimented.

It depends on how far you can take the infinites and how often you use them. If I played with someone who only tried infinites over and over, then I would most likely leave after 5 matches of them trying it.

Its rare to find people who can do the difficult infinites, I dont give any respect for kung lao's infinites. If I saw someone landing reptiles full infinite, then I would consider them a god ;) , AKA shock+ a select few from this site. I've not seen anyone do U-sub's infinite on sheeva, if I do then I would probably consider them one of the best MK players in the world. I know its relatively easy, but to do it competitevly is a different story.

U-sub ftw!

Put it this way, being able to do combo's/infinites doesn't make you a good player. If you can't do a certain combo with a certain character, it doesn't mean your bad. It's how you play, and how you play with the characters you use.

Sometimes I get called cheap and sometimes I get "Holy shit dude your god" I say anything except jk, spin, jk, spin in the corner isn't cheap. Today I did the one where you spin, run under, and reverse the direction and if someone calls me cheap for that then they know nothing.

LK-7T2

Noob
It depends on how far you can take the infinites and how often you use them. If I played with someone who only tried infinites over and over, then I would most likely leave after 5 matches of them trying it.

Its rare to find people who can do the difficult infinites, I dont give any respect for kung lao's infinites. If I saw someone landing reptiles full infinite, then I would consider them a god ;) , AKA shock+ a select few from this site. I've not seen anyone do U-sub's infinite on sheeva, if I do then I would probably consider them one of the best MK players in the world. I know its relatively easy, but to do it competitevly is a different story.

U-sub ftw!
I can do reps infinite offline 100% of the time but online i have never gotten more than 3 dashes of any of his infinites. by that time people either drop or i mess up. I think there are some people who can do these other infinites that you mentioned but just dont attempt them.

oBryant

Noob
Put it this way, being able to do combo's/infinites doesn't make you a good player. If you can't do a certain combo with a certain character, it doesn't mean your bad. It's how you play, and how you play with the characters you use.
yeah dude that is exactly what i say... i also hate when i do this combo
*spin, aaHP, JP Torpido kick whif, HP, JP, Torpido kick whif, RH (40% or 45%)*
and then people tell me to stop doing the "infinit" and im like dude thats only 40% my auto combo does more damage..

and also my motto is.. if you cant do it dont call it cheap.. cus the infinites arent as easy as ya think

play with different people then, Blk Albm, MistaKM, Vega, Sugar and many more play Kung Lao pretty consistently and all of them can get the infinite pretty consistently.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I'm not gonna name names :)rolleyes:) but I like when certain people pick the Kung, and they try that teleport shit and just get absolutely punished teleportin right into Sindels scream. Its like the easiest 50%+ evah.

huber

Noob
When someone annihilates me with Kung Lao I'm usually pretty impressed because what he does isn't cheap it's just cool.

oBryant

Noob
When someone annihilates me with Kung Lao I'm usually pretty impressed because what he does isn't cheap it's just cool.
You will learn soon young one, that kung lao has many opportunities other then infinities. I barely ever use the infinite

Well, he does have an 7 hit easy autocombo to hit.

2 and they don't have a chance....

one inf is easy to fuck up, but if you're pro, it's something to fear.

oBryant

Noob
Well, he does have an 7 hit easy autocombo to hit.

2 and they don't have a chance....

one inf is easy to fuck up, but if you're pro, it's something to fear.

The thing i fear most when playing against good lao players is the Jk torpedo kick whif 3 hit kick combo.. that hits me worse then the 7 hit

HAYRON

Noob
I can do the corner infinite online pretty easily, but if I've managed to back someone in the corner they're probably not very good anyways, so I typically do two repititions or so and end it stylishly under 50%.

Now, if someone mouths off before I do an infinite or huge punisher combo, then I do everything I can to lure them in.

I remember playing one guy, I won't mention any names.... (ahem .. vonzilla)... who ran his mouth the first time I beat him using very basic tactis. The guy wouldn't shut up and really got ticked when I smoked him with Sindel. I had already beat him with several characters, including Kung Lao without using infinites. He would let me pick and then pick Kabal and spam fireballs from that point out. I probably won 15 matches to his 3.

My point in saying this is, scrubs are scrubs. If you beat them using basic tactics they are going to be just as mad as they are when you use infinites. Destroy them however you see fit. If they won't play against you any more, that's their loss, not yours.

oBryant

Noob
I remember playing one guy, I won't mention any names.... (ahem .. vonzilla)... who ran his mouth the first time I beat him using very basic tactis. The guy wouldn't shut up and really got ticked when I smoked him with Sindel. I had already beat him with several characters, including Kung Lao without using infinites. He would let me pick and then pick Kabal and spam fireballs from that point out. I probably won 15 matches to his 3.

My point in saying this is, scrubs are scrubs. If you beat them using basic tactics they are going to be just as mad as they are when you use infinites. Destroy them however you see fit. If they won't play against you any more, that's their loss, not yours.
just cus you beat someone a cirtain amount of times over them doesnt officially make you better.. cus i beat mistakm sometimes and he is way better then me.. Vonzilla beats me like im nothing.. people have there days HAYRON

HAYRON

Noob
just cus you beat someone a cirtain amount of times over them doesnt officially make you better.. cus i beat mistakm sometimes and he is way better then me.. Vonzilla beats me like im nothing.. people have there days HAYRON
That wasn't my point. I wasn't saying I was better than him. I have my bad days just like the next guy.

I was saying that to scrubs it doesn't matter what your tactics are. If you are winning consistently your "cheap" to them. So, you might as well use whatever tactics you want, i.e. infinite and run jab to your hearts content.

You know, his infinite is very easy.

I've gotten so fucking bored with his corner inf that I ONLY go for

spin, aahp, spin

or much better yet

spin, SUJK, aahp, spin

I never do the basics with kung, because it's too fucking easy.

I love his 3 hit kick combo, his RJ's are mean, but they can get you into trouble too.

I think all of kungs combos are completely doable by ANYONE!

The only hard combo i've found doing with kung is his spin, run under, jk, dive, spin, run under, jk, dive, spin

The only reason that's hard is I guess sometimes you don't get his spin to hit them completely under.

oBryant

Noob
You know, his infinite is very easy.

I've gotten so fucking bored with his corner inf that I ONLY go for

spin, aahp, spin

or much better yet

spin, SUJK, aahp, spin

I never do the basics with kung, because it's too fucking easy.

I love his 3 hit kick combo, his RJ's are mean, but they can get you into trouble too.

I think all of kungs combos are completely doable by ANYONE!

The only hard combo i've found doing with kung is his spin, run under, jk, dive, spin, run under, jk, dive, spin

The only reason that's hard is I guess sometimes you don't get his spin to hit them completely under.

True.. but i run into people that continuously ask how do i do that blah blah blah..