What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao General Discussion

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I think it's an aged Kung Lao. Something along the lines of "Lao was killed, resurrected for evil by Quan Chi, freed somehow by good guys, rejoined team good guys" will probably be the explanation.

This reasoning will also allow them to bring back nearly anyone from the MK9 roster if they choose to, so it most likely will be what they go with imo.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I think it's an aged Kung Lao. Something along the lines of "Lao was killed, resurrected for evil by Quan Chi, freed somehow by good guys, rejoined team good guys" will probably be the explanation.

This reasoning will also allow them to bring back nearly anyone from the MK9 roster if they choose to, so it most likely will be what they go with imo.
Yea I agree with you, but also sorta hopeful of the Great Lao.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yea I agree with you, but also sorta hopeful of the Great Lao.
Yea that would be cool. Hell even if an older monk came in to take the moniker after his death would be bad ass. But yea nothing would top them inserting the Great Kung Lao as a playable character and central story figure.

Also, in his variations he doesn't seem to have the typical "2 variations are different and 1 variation is a stat/ability boosting type" format that QC, Scorp, Kano, D'Vorah, etc, most of the other characters have. Too hype!!! F the haters.

Can't wait to see Lao and his variations in action.

Flagg

Noob
I think Raiden has done some shady behind the scenes dealings with Quan Chi in exchange for souls. QC will use this leverage to his advantage in MK X.

Dark

Noob
They don't necessarily have to resurrect him in any way. With Ed's comment about trying to fit as many characters as they can in the game before it releases, it sounds like some characters might not be involved in story mode at all. Could just be a non canon appearance. Although I'd dislike that

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think we will have a Great Kung Lao look trough this Old low, at least that is what i expect!

coolwhip

Noob
I think his throw has the 2121 animation. Or it could be some sort of brutality. Either way it looks cool as hell.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
From the second i read on the description about Lao's variations and how they appeared to be more setup based, i knew Lao would have a Hard Knockdown to setup his hats, i wasn't wrong lel.

The new moves also look interesting, can't wait to find out more from the stream.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
anyone think theres a chance he might become low tier this time round? or high tier?
We need to see more video of his variations to make that assumption. As well as damage, strings, and the other members of the cast. Based on what's been seen, he is looking rreeaallyyy good though.