What's new

Kung Lao Discussion Thread

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
I heard some ppp said Scar mentioned Buzz Saw is terrible in his livestream. Can anyone explain how this move is terrible and pro Lao seems still rely on the Orbting Hat and Omega Hat rather than Buzz Saw

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I heard some ppp said Scar mentioned Buzz Saw is terrible in his livestream. Can anyone explain how this move is terrible and pro Lao seems still rely on the Orbting Hat and Omega Hat rather than Buzz Saw
It's a more so a utility thing. Pros feel orbital is more efficient.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Who are those ppl? That ability is so bad that he used it in pro competetition lol.

Who are those ppl? That ability is so bad that he used it in pro competetition lol.
Its negative on hit, doesn't start a combo even though being a two-slot move, lots of characters can just avoid.

you can also just d2 him if he amps it since there is some recovery I do believe. it will also put you (as the non kung lao player) at advantage since KND

if this move was one slot and you could put like orbiting hat or Spiritual Guidance then it would be a pretty good move.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Its negative on hit, doesn't start a combo even though being a two-slot move, lots of characters can just avoid.

you can also just d2 him if he amps it since there is some recovery I do believe. it will also put you (as the non kung lao player) at advantage since KND

if this move was one slot and you could put like orbiting hat or Spiritual Guidance then it would be a pretty good move.
Its for extra layers of pressure, it isnt meant to be used to start a combo. Its also a pretty fast projectile. Im not saying its his best ability, ofcourse it has its flaws but i just find it hilarious that the one guy who heard ppl talk about how that ability is trash, used it in a tournament.

just_2swift

My buffs for Kung lao.

Movement: he's a SHAOLIN but he's moving like a sumo on the ground bro should be smooth as boiled eggs. On some fujin type movement.

Make s4 plus 2
(my selfishness wants plus 5 like Kano s4)

Since d3 and d1 jail high attacks now this will give Lao plus frames and an actual use for s4. Even shao kahn has plus frames why can't lao right?

Teleport: if movement buff happens (please lord paulo) teleport start up is fine. The opponent can punish teleport on reaction so reward lao for getting this freaking move off by buffing the options it has.

Teleport 1 to mid

Teleport 3: give teleport 3 the ability to launch for one bar of meter.

still can mash him out of teleport so those changes really wouldn't change anything. I would like if they reduce the start up by a whole lot and made it a legitimate teleport. that way he could still have his good movement from like mk9 and not feel like a slow ass character

just_2swift

Each game they dumbed my guy tools down. He can't even combo off dive kick anymore. Mk12 I'm afraid of what lao would become at this rate.

just_2swift

• Kung Lao - Sweeping Razor (Away + Back kick) while having no Hat now properly triggers Krushing Blow reset conditions

Pygmy_Potato

BF4+FF+BLK
You used to be able to hat orbit have it blocked or hit first, dive kick, sweep without a hat, and then dive kick again and have it kb despite the b4 hitting.