What's new

Kung Lao Discussion Thread

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
And i know youre a fool because d1 has one more frame on hit than d3

but you wouldnt know that LMFAO

DeftMonk

Noob
You are surprised that AI on very hard flawless blocks? I am so confused. I realize d1 has 1 more frame hit advantage than d3 but unlike you... d3 has plenty of hit advange for me to jail and as they are both 7 frames and d3 is a low I tend to use d3. CALL ME CRAZY. Not gonna bore everyone with that video just gonna block this retard and go on with my life which at this point consists of sleep. Goodnight TYM <3.(in asia its 5 am)

MagicMan357

No dude she could ONLY flawless because it didnt jail, ive never used NW d3 into S1 and got flawless blocked same with baraka because its not possible but whatever.

elephantvision

Your Cousins, Sisters, 1st cousins favorite gamer
so makeing the orbiting hat whiff off f13 is different accross the cast?, pretty odd.
I wouldn't use F13, orb hat if I was you. I BELIEVE, (don't quote me) that the F13 can still be punished without orb hat hitting them. I think, you might want to lab that.

MagicMan357

its so ironic because i just tested in 3 different way with 3 different characters and i was right LMFAO

Its literally not possible, its so bad i had sub spamming d1 and it said punish xD

DeftMonk

Noob
you want to be doing F21,Orb. F1,Orb, D3,orb. Using them as staggers. I think that on F13,orb there is so much push back that opponent can sweep you and not get hit by hat.
That doesn’t seem right bro I’m gonna lab it in a sec though. The stuff u mentioned is all nice uses of the orb hat. I also like to use standing 3 into orb catches people off guard.

MagicMan357

I just did another test...same results

Just hope you dont run into a good player because you will punished every time you try to jail a high...

Cant say i didnt warn you with many different characters oh well

DeftMonk

Noob
Can you not get dive kick KB from 2 dive kicks in same combo now? I noticed lately if I go for that its like second dive kick causes them to slam toward the ground like a HKD or something and if I ex I miss.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
So in his third variation he got spirtiual guide and tornado or whatver its called but they took away his spin. Like what??

His third variation is terrible.

Vortex takes the place of spin and doesn't have the versatility of it. It has some decent pressure on amp on a knocked down opponent but for a combo extender it's really bad. You literally cannot combo off of F13 or F4 in this variation. Spiritual Guidance is too slow and vortex doesn't go far enough. It's super hard to make the most of those meterless combos you got with SG.

Additionally, there's no safe option out of SG. I tried F21 into SG and all 4 different options (with the cancel going into duck block) and all could be poked out of. The enemy just has to read that you're going to do SG and poke on read, I guess this could be a mind game if you throw in some vortexes but that's death on block and doesn't have the combo potential spin does.

I could be proved wrong down the road but at first glance it's really, really bad.

DeftMonk

Noob
His third variation is terrible.

Vortex takes the place of spin and doesn't have the versatility of it. It has some decent pressure on amp on a knocked down opponent but for a combo extender it's really bad. You literally cannot combo off of F13 or F4 in this variation. Spiritual Guidance is too slow and vortex doesn't go far enough. It's super hard to make the most of those meterless combos you got with SG.

Additionally, there's no safe option out of SG. I tried F21 into SG and all 4 different options (with the cancel going into duck block) and all could be poked out of. The enemy just has to read that you're going to do SG and poke on read, I guess this could be a mind game if you throw in some vortexes but that's death on block and doesn't have the combo potential spin does.

I could be proved wrong down the road but at first glance it's really, really bad.
Wait whuuuuuuuuut u lose spin? Let’s hold off on the panic until patch because they said the great lao stuff had been modified significantly. The launcher from this stance might completely replace spin. If not.... we’ll the other two variations are dope anyway. No biggie.

If you start your juggle with guidance launch I can't find a way to extend with the vortex. If you start with the vortex you can extend with guidance, but you don't seem to get much after. I haven't found anything unique for the enhanced vortex, but I'm probably missing something. Something broken might be found that makes it worth playing, but I don't see myself switching off variation two for now.

So vortex is weird and is really different than it used to be prepatch. I thought I could substitute it for Z Hat as a pressure tool but you actually can only pressure with it if you do it from far away rather than up close. You'll want to F12 into amp vortex and follow it in. Even then there's ways around it. If you're close it's like -15 on block, if you're far you can get it to plus on block but it's probably closer to neutral when you're actually in their face.

You can amp vortex to continue a string off of 121 or B32 but there's less places you can go with it than you can with spin. Amp vortexing off of 121 is sort of silly since you can SG launch meterlessly off of it.

I can find absolutely nothing you can do with F13 midscreen now other than finish the string or throw a hat. It works in the corner to do a non-amp vortex but the gravity is really bad with actually continuing a string from there.

SG as a zoning tool is okay, but you'll get murdered by real zoners. If you do the forward burst (which went from a mid to a high) if you are hit with another projectile during it your burst ends immediately, it doesn't continue. I tried zoning out Liu and it's tough, the low projectile is sort of nice but I suppose I'm not very good at zoning with it yet to really make a case for it.

Looked pretty deeply and didn't notice any updates to our frame data at all, if anyone's curious.

So vortex is weird and is really different than it used to be prepatch. I thought I could substitute it for Z Hat as a pressure tool but you actually can only pressure with it if you do it from far away rather than up close. You'll want to F12 into amp vortex and follow it in. Even then there's ways around it. If you're close it's like -15 on block, if you're far you can get it to plus on block but it's probably closer to neutral when you're actually in their face.

You can amp vortex to continue a string off of 121 or B32 but there's less places you can go with it than you can with spin. Amp vortexing off of 121 is sort of silly since you can SG launch meterlessly off of it.

I can find absolutely nothing you can do with F13 midscreen now other than finish the string or throw a hat. It works in the corner to do a non-amp vortex but the gravity is really bad with actually continuing a string from there.

SG as a zoning tool is okay, but you'll get murdered by real zoners. If you do the forward burst (which went from a mid to a high) if you are hit with another projectile during it your burst ends immediately, it doesn't continue. I tried zoning out Liu and it's tough, the low projectile is sort of nice but I suppose I'm not very good at zoning with it yet to really make a case for it.

Looked pretty deeply and didn't notice any updates to our frame data at all, if anyone's curious.
F13 into low SG works, but that seems to be about it. B32 combos on enhanced vortex and that's all. Any starter into a normal vortex you can extend with 3/12 into SG relaunch but all I could after was F12.
Edit: You can't seem to get F12 of the 12 extension, to low to the ground it seems.

F13 into low SG works, but that seems to be about it. B32 combos on enhanced vortex and that's all. Any starter into a normal vortex you can extend with 3/12 into SG relaunch but all I could after was F12.
Edit: You can't seem to get F12 of the 12 extension, to low to the ground it seems.
On Shao Kahn I did get B32 into SG 2!