What's new

Kung Lao Discussion Thread

anyone else thinks that his teleport is even easier to react to now?

I noticed that in yesterday's Shao Khan reveal trailer. Shao khan had plenty of time to see what Lao was doing and do the uppercut Krushing Blow.

Considering that uppercut Krushing Blow is universal, this is a big disappointment for me
I think S. kahn was already ducking. hence whey K. lao missed to attack. But yeagh i think its slower now. kinda shitty

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
i never thought i would say this, ive always been a fan of lao since childhood but never mained him, im seriously thinking about it since everyone is drooling over noob and shao

Grape Juice City

Shaolin boyz
Omega hat is the amplified version of orbiting hat which gives you an extra orbiting hat at the cost of a 2nd stamina bar(?)

Not sure what guided hat is though. At first I thought it was the move they showcased during the KK but I believe that's just buzzsaw. Need clarification.
Btw, has anyone come across his frame data yet?

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Omega hat is the amplified version of orbiting hat which gives you an extra orbiting hat at the cost of a 2nd stamina bar(?)

Not sure what guided hat is though. At first I thought it was the move they showcased during the KK but I believe that's just buzzsaw. Need clarification.
Btw, has anyone come across his frame data yet?
Thats odd. Why is the amplified version the other move slot? Shouldnt it be the same move?

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
i never thought i would say this, ive always been a fan of lao since childhood but never mained him, im seriously thinking about it since everyone is drooling over noob and shao
I'm drooling over Kitana, Frost, Liu Kang and the possibility of Borg's but I am definitely interested in Lao. I'm sure he will be powerful just hard to discover.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
A combo that I came up with for kung lao
Can you go in character select screen and try different inputs on Frost to see if Borg's are Unlockable?
In mkx Cyber Sub Zero was unlocked with down,down, 2 or uu2 try all buttons and maybe back forward 1/2/3/4 ect.

I'd very much appreciate it. I'm a Cyrax fan. I have a hunch

How is lao execution wise? hard or normal? coz i like heavy execution characters
normal, and much easier than mkx kung lao. His chain punches are rewarding to do but still easy enough, not like mkx where you have to actually practice execution for it. In mk11 erron's chain punches are much harder to do than kung lao's.

Have you had the chance to figure out how to combo from a teleport? It looks like its possible. And how is the teleport variation? I think the teleport mid air optio. Has alot of potential
No I haven't messed around with finding combos from teleport yet, he got a high attack from teleport which seems like could lead to combos on airborne opponents. but yeah the mid air teleport ability seems really good, I really wish they had that for his first tournament variation. Now that would've been a sick variation with orbiting hat and air teleport.

No I haven't messed around with finding combos from teleport yet, he got a high attack from teleport which seems like could lead to combos on airborne opponents. but yeah the mid air teleport ability seems really good, I really wish they had that for his first tournament variation. Now that would've been a sick variation with orbiting hat and air teleport.
Yeagh amplify the Orbiting hat to make your teleport safe or create a setup would be really sick.

Id love to see some gameplay of his teleport variation

Thats odd. Why is the amplified version the other move slot? Shouldnt it be the same move?
Omega hat actually extends your hat even more while its orbiting you. After doing orbiting hat. You can either amplify to get 2 hats or you can do omega hat to extend your hats reach. They both take 1 off and 1 def bar. So basically if you do orbiting hat and amplify or do omega after you're left with no off or def bar.

Grape Juice City

Shaolin boyz
Omega hat actually extends your hat even more while its orbiting you. After doing orbiting hat. You can either amplify to get 2 hats or you can do omega hat to extend your hats reach. They both take 1 off and 1 def bar. So basically if you do orbiting hat and amplify or do omega after you're left with no off or def bar.
Thanks for the clarification. Is there any way you can post frame data when you find the time? Would be greatly appreciated.

E

Eldriken

Skip to 0:43 for Kung Lao's second Fatality. It's pretty awesome.