What's new

General/Other - Buzz Saw Kung Lao Buzzsaw Variation General discussion.

Tweedy

Noob
So I've been doing my combos, so that there's always enough gravity to end with B321 EX low hat.

With that, i'll hold the hat until they get up, and do F4. I'll be safe because the low hat will stop them from punishing.

Edit: To expand on F4, once you land it, if you held the hat as long as possible, you can do another F4, even if they don't wake up right away, or you could grab or pressure them as they block the low hat. Well after they block it with the grab and as with the pressure, but you get the point.

Or i'll let the hat go and do run into B321. If they thought I was gonna F4 first and eat the low, I get B321 spin off of the low hat after a short run, and get a 34% combo.

Edit: So you can do like F4 while holding the hat, then while they're getting up if they expect another F4, you can go for B321 into a full combo.

Imo Buzzsaw is Lao's best variation now. That has nothing to do with this gameplan but I figured i'd just share that opinion.

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
Lol if you have the space, after landing F4 with the EX hat down, you can run until you get B2, and do a Summoner Quan style hard to blockable. The low to overhead is only really hard to blockable. If you do overhead first the low won't make it there before you launch them with spin. Still another cool mix up, I suppose.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
So I've been doing my combos, so that there's always enough gravity to end with B321 EX low hat.

With that, i'll hold the hat until they get up, and do F4. I'll be safe because the low hat will stop them from punishing.

Edit: To expand on F4, once you land it, if you held the hat as long as possible, you can do another F4, even if they don't wake up right away, or you could grab or pressure them as they block the low hat. Well after they block it with the grab and as with the pressure, but you get the point.

Or i'll let the hat go and do run into B321. If they thought I was gonna F4 first and eat the low, I get B321 spin off of the low hat after a short run, and get a 34% combo.

Edit: So you can do like F4 while holding the hat, then while they're getting up if they expect another F4, you can go for B321 into a full combo.

Imo Buzzsaw is Lao's best variation now. That has nothing to do with this gameplan but I figured i'd just share that opinion.
I use jump in 3 (overhead) to dive kick on his low hat setup. Hard to blockable and relatively safe if you dive kick before releasing the low hat. Or you can try to hit confirm it. Sometimes I go 44 on the setup as well. Only use F4 if I need 14% to close out the round.

Tweedy

Noob
I use jump in 3 (overhead) to dive kick on his low hat setup. Hard to blockable and relatively safe if you dive kick before releasing the low hat. Or you can try to hit confirm it. Sometimes I go 44 on the setup as well. Only use F4 if I need 14% to close out the round.
Yeah, I do F4 because it breaks armor and is a lot easier to guarantee on wake up. I need to look into 44, though.

Nikya

Noob
without armor spin KL is almost crap

I don't really know what was the purpose of that nerf (??) but now he has absolutly nothing to show under pressure except... breaker!

- no backdash (very especially no backdash)
- no 6 frames poke
- no buffing TP (btw defensive TP is really really crap OMG!)
- even no xRay (that buggy x-RAY that go through opponent 75% of the time lol)
NOTHING!

And that is supposed to be compensate by a crappy "quicker" TP (good for noobs yeah) and new AVE MARIA hat combo after b321/b22....

KL wasn't S-tier but he was mid/low tier1 before this epic nerf; now U can't even beat a good spammer with him

Not to mention that they remove almost all tricks/connection moves that use to make KL life easier...
I guess they just wanted to kill him.

Last edited: