What's new

General/Other - Buzz Saw Kung Lao Buzzsaw Variation General discussion.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Try these for now:

11212/ B12/ F23 any of these strings into spin NJP, jk dk, F14

B321 ex straight hat run B321spin, jk dk, 21 (Havent tried this yet but if possible F14 should be a better ender)
What's spin njp?? And jk dk?? Sorry if 'noob'ish just don't recognize the notations

F4tal

Noob
Absolutely love this variation for Kung Lao. I have tried a lot of characters and this one is the one I have been playing online only. I will try and post what I have been using so far for combos, set ups, and what not.

F4tal

Noob
Anyone here have some useful corner combos that use Teleport Kick? Only problem I am having right now is getting decent damage in the corner.

F4tal

Noob
Here is a solid 1 Bar midscreen that I have been using that also carries to the corner on some stages.

B321 into EX Buzz Saw, Run, B3 into Spin, J4 into Dive kick then end with 21.

This carries to the corner on some stages and does 35%.

With a jump in punch it does 36%

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Here is a solid 1 Bar midscreen that I have been using that also carries to the corner on some stages.

B321 into EX Buzz Saw, Run, B3 into Spin, J4 into Dive kick then end with 21.

This carries to the corner on some stages and does 35%.

With a jump in punch it does 36%
Why waste the meter when you can do 44, run, B32~spin, JK~DK for 35%

F4tal

Noob
I will be posting a video tomorrow showing everything that I was able to find thus far for the Buzz Saw Variation. Some of the combos include corner, midscreen, and anti airs.

Yeah I learned that the hard way :p

How do you record the AI doing a string in training mode so i can try and see what moves of mine I can use to poke out of it?
Just set it to record ai and do the move you want to test. Then use playback to try to armor or backdash out of it.

I will be posting a video tomorrow showing everything that I was able to find thus far for the Buzz Saw Variation. Some of the combos include corner, midscreen, and anti airs.
If youre a combo artist could you focus on finding combos off of 11, b12, f23, b22 and b321? Ive seen a lot of 44 combos but that really isnt the string you want as a launcher. Imo even as a punisher we should use f23 because it is fast and has crazy range. It is a mid and actually hits the opponent at the start of the match.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I am very impressed with this Variation. He's
Very diverse in both zoning and close pressure situations. I've been using him and Kenshi online and people have a rough time getting in on me. And when they do I can pressure them out of range or force them back.

F4tal

Noob
If youre a combo artist could you focus on finding combos off of 11, b12, f23, b22 and b321? Ive seen a lot of 44 combos but that really isnt the string you want as a launcher. Imo even as a punisher we should use f23 because it is fast and has crazy range. It is a mid and actually hits the opponent at the start of the match.
I'm not a huge combo artist but I have some nice big one's even if they aren't situational. Most of the stuff I use is what I will use when I go to tournaments.

Hijinx

★★★★☆
I've been having fun with this mid-screen setup:

b12, spin, njp, b22, low/high delayed buzzsaw (hold 2 to delay)

At this point some good mixup options are:

if low buzzsaw: divekick then crossup divekick their corpse (buzzsaw hits low behind them on wakeup), b321, straight hat

if high buzzsaw: jump forward sweep (as buzzsaw hits them)
*this buzzsaw can be blocked low, so use overhead in that case"

You could even do a teleport after the b22 to throw them off. I'm aware there are better follow-ups, so does anyone know some bigger damage options after the delayed buzzsaw? Seems like there's a lot of potential there.

Last edited:

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
There's so many possibilities after the basic string + spin.

His dive kick and spin are just godly. His EX DK though is just lol.

Whitefox

Noob
Here's a corner combo punish if the opponent wakesup or something.

44, b321, sprin, njp, f14 Does 36%

44, b321, spin, njp, 4 EX hat, f14 does 41%

can also do 44, b321 spin, njp, forward MB throw for a 50/50 mixup in the corner. Does 31% with 50/50 mixup.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I need to condition myself to not EX on combos as much now. Meter is so much more crucial in this game now.

I'm dying without invincibility frames on wake up. It's killing me.

F4tal

Noob
Played about 40 games with m2dave today it was Buzz Saw Lao vs Cybernetic Kano and a little of his Quan Chi, (can't remember which variation)

So in my opinion I think ending any BnB with 21 isn't the best thing to do when facing someone who likes to zone with Kano such as Dave. I was almost always ending in 21 and that would push him at full screen and then when I would throw out a EX slow hat to get in he would throw a knife, block, or uppercut me before I could get in and play footsies. Granted this is the first time I played the Kano and Lao MU but I did pretty damn well even though online sets don't matter.

Going forward, I find that ending mid screen BnB's with B321 is bettter against characters with extremely fast projectiles like Kano since it allows me to stay closer. Other than that I have been testing out ending in B2 and starting an EX Hat.

Feel free to add to this with any tips or comments just figured I would post what I learned and what I got out of the MU for playing it the first time.

BnB's so far:

11212Spin, Jp, Jk - Dk, F14 = 26%

Anti air spin, Jp, Jk - Dk, F14 = 23%

B12Spin, Jp, Jk - Dk, F14 = 25%

(punisher) F23Spin, Jp, Jk - Dk, F14 = 26%

F2Spin, Jp, Jk - Dk, F14 = 25%

Off of Divekick: F23spin, B321 = 21%

Jk hitconfirm into divekick, F23Spin, B321

Off of tele 2: B13spin, Jk - Dk, F14 = 28%

Of of tele 3: B12 Spin, JP, Jk - Dk, F14 = 30%

Ex spin, Njp, Jk - Dk, F14 = 25%

1 meter: B312 Ex Hat, Run B32Spin, Jk - Dk, F14 = 36%