What's new

Kung Lao - Buff Suggestions

Truesolo

<message deleted>
These are the buffs that I think he needs.

1. 8f spin so he has a legit anti air to consistently stop baraka and others from jumping at him
  2. Teleport krushing blow changed to hit opponent with teleport 2 "X" amount of times or with teleport 3
  3. If teleport krushing blow isn't changed then a faster teleport would be nice to make people scared of zoning
Any other suggestions and do you think the ones I listed are fine?

BxKeyz

Noob
Umm he doesn't really need an 8f spin lol, or any kb adjustments. His s1 is a good anti-air and his kb are fine because he's already doing damm near 40% combos. So no need to add more damage. Besides you can play mind games after you do tele-grab because you can bait with amplify tele after. But he does need help because he gives up his turn easily in hat trick, because lotus is good but it acquires too much meter and in this game you need resources. so i would want bf2 to be -7 so he can play better mind games with it of those unsafe strings, and he wont be able to check you after because its -7 so if they mash after bf2 they'll get punished for it.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
These are the buffs that I think he needs.

1. 8f spin so he has a legit anti air to consistently stop baraka and others from jumping at him
  2. Teleport krushing blow changed to hit opponent with teleport 2 "X" amount of times or with teleport 3
  3. If teleport krushing blow isn't changed then a faster teleport would be nice to make people scared of zoning
Any other suggestions and do you think the ones I listed are fine?
Not having to spend the 4 bars of meter to perform Double hat special . just the ex bars .

The character is already too strong. They buff him enough. I see a lot of players using him.
Scar right now is also using him, and left the "mighty" Scorpion all low tier noobs constantly complain about.

ROEBOTRON

"Only One Truth Prevails"
I would like to see the f214 kb adjusted so Kung Lao is closer to the opponent on hit. Bad enough you have to dash in to fwd4 and it’s kinda hard to time anyway. The combo I do you have to dash in fwd4 and if you start with that you can do 50% if you kb after. Fwd 2 isn’t that good anyway I feel like it’s the least they could give him. Fwd 2 is a good punisher because it kbs but the startup isn’t that good but I guess if it was faster it might be kinda broken. I don’t know, balance is hard...

Zviko

Noob
I don't think anything in op would actually make him better. Like others have said, his anti airs aren't that bad and that teleport needs to change a lot to be better. Not just faster start up but also faster when he comes out. Whether you delay it with amp or not, you can still get poked out on reaction. I think he needs something in netural.

I'd do something about his F13U2 string or F214 string. These are his only mid strings and both are very unsafe. F1 stagger is good but everything that follows is unsafe and F1 by itself is not hit confirmable. F214 is only good for punishing very unsafe stuff for that KB or else you eat full combo. So his whole game plan is F4, jump D4s and throws. So make one of these strings safe or at least safer. Like why is F13 so unsafe if what follows is a huge gap and a high that is not even + on block? Make it an overhead so they at least have to block the U2 part. There's still a gap there so you could be punished. Or leave it a high and reduce the gap so it's not duckable but flawless blockable. And why is F21 and F214 exactly the same on block? Maybe make F214 safe (-7) so you have to hit confirm the F21 part.

I think either of these changes would make Kung Lao a lot better.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
Buff threads and constantly asking for their mains to get buffs is why TYM is a shitshow now a days
sure . Because in MK9 in 2011 no one ask for buffs or nerfs . Its a fighting game site . what do you want people talk about ?! The weather ?!! you aint special . so shut up .

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
sure . Because in MK9 in 2011 no one ask for buffs or nerfs . Its a fighting game site . what do you want people talk about ?! The weather ?!! you aint special . so shut up .
How about discussing tech, how people play certain matchups and how people can improve their gameplay? Fighting game sites don’t only discuss buffs, nerfs and tier lists.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Because Lao doesn't need fucking buffs dickhead. Jade mains asking for constant buffs every thread they fucking make is why ppl hate them, hell I'd rather see a million tier list threads before seeing a god damn buff thread when a patch came out only like a week ago so u should shut the fuck up clown

Pygmy_Potato

BF4+FF+BLK
Look, I miss using Lao's spin as an AA and his teleport KB is absurdly impractical... BUT overall Lao's looking pretty nice post-latest-patch (which was what, a week and a half ago?) so maybe chillll with these buff threads.

Zviko

Noob
Well, Z hat variation didn't get a single buff except the universal D1 jail so we can still ask for buffs on that one can't we? Orbital is meter hungry but at least you are safe and you get very good damage on hit. You can even steal turns with D1 into orbital hat. Z hat is same as it was. Very unsafe and it's hard to open people up.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Well, Z hat variation didn't get a single buff except the universal D1 jail so we can still ask for buffs on that one can't we? Orbital is meter hungry but at least you are safe and you get very good damage on hit. You can even steal turns with D1 into orbital hat. Z hat is same as it was. Very unsafe and it's hard to open people up.
Lol gtfo