What's new

Guide - Kung Jin Kung Jin Living Guide Thread

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I want to play with Bojutsu against eg.Alien as his armor launcher is worth it.
I couldnt find out a valid gameplay for bojutsu for offense.

For defense I try to challenge the gaps, punish/whiff punish. Then oki game and possile 50/50.

Can you help a bit on the offensive side in neutral? All the strings are quite minus only MB flip kick ender is safe which is limited even if I hit confirm every move.

Or bojutsu should gamble and eat the punish that is his "pressure"?
Ex Bo Swing is too slow to punish the gaps. I think it only interrupts the overhead. Not worth it. This MU just sucks for KJ all around.

Ex Bo Swing is too slow to punish the gaps. I think it only interrupts the overhead. Not worth it. This MU just sucks for KJ all around.

You might be right. I went deep into the Alien match-up in the last few days and realized that it is needed a 13F or faster armor move for challenging the gaps. My other characters I like and play are also sucks against Alien but I will live with that. And let's see KP3... :)

FinalBoss_FGC

You might be right. I went deep into the Alien match-up in the last few days and realized that it is needed a 13F or faster armor move for challenging the gaps. My other characters I like and play are also sucks against Alien but I will live with that. And let's see KP3... :)
Which characters do you use?

Which characters do you use?
Now I use Scorpion Ninjutsu again (after 6 months break but I played for 6 months before) as a main and try to master it. I have the most fun with him.

I tried Shaolin for 3-4 months but after around 1500 matches I still don't feel it - it is simply not me I think. :)
Playing Kotal occasionally (over 2k matches though) but I am far from mastering him. Sun god mainly for fun but the others too.
Played a bit (2 months) Grandmaster too but that time has passed and I am just getting nervous when I pick him as I lost my instinct and skill. :)

None of them is Alien Hunter I guess. :D

What are kj Shaolins consensus bad MUs? I've played him since release and I feel like alien is the only character that completely smashes me.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
What are kj Shaolins consensus bad MUs? I've played him since release and I feel like alien is the only character that completely smashes me.
Alien smashes everyone lol, I find ninjutsu somewhat troublesome personally, but it's nothing worse than 6-4 at worst but may just be me personally losing to him I'd still say it's 5-5, and I struggle more than Kj does in the matchup. Other than that, he is really solid all around and doesn't really have any horrendous matchups imo.

Yea I didn't think he had many bad MUs. I just see all these posts about demo sonya having no losing mus and it made me wonder about kj.

FinalBoss_FGC

Tarkatan Alien, A List Johnny Cage, Demo, and maybe a few others.

Thoughts @EXILE CoRzz
@Kombat Chef

Tarkatan and Acidic Alien 4-5
Jax (any) hard 5-5..may be 4-6 but not too drastic...KJ plays footsies vs him well but it's hard for KJ to get him off of him
Demo 4-6
Piercing 4-6
Imposter beats all vars of KJ 4-6
maybe A List Johnny but he plays full screen/half screen well against him...so probably 5-5 but a hard one for KJ

That's it, ShaoJin goes even with a majority of the cast.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Kombat Chef

Tarkatan and Acidic Alien 4-5
Jax (any) hard 5-5..may be 4-6 but not too drastic...KJ plays footsies vs him well but it's hard for KJ to get him off of him
Demo 4-6
Piercing 4-6
Imposter beats all vars of KJ 4-6
maybe A List Johnny but he plays full screen/half screen well against him...so probably 5-5 but a hard one for KJ

That's it, ShaoJin goes even with a majority of the cast.
Yeah only the top tiers beat him. As usual :)