What's new

Krypt theories

MK2D

Have you had your MK today?
So...we've heard this will be the "best Krypt ever", but what does that mean?

I personally hope they go back to a more open navigational design like MK9's, but bigger and more varied. MKX's linear design was kinda frustrating since it took forever to get to specific points, even with shortcuts. I get they wanted you to feel like you were "in" it, but it's kinda unnecessary imo. The point of the Krypt is to unlock cool stuff, so navigation should at least never feel cumbersome or tedious.

I might support a more elaborate design only if they flesh out the navigation and make it more of a free-roam style.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
So...we've heard this will be the "best Krypt ever", but what does that mean?

I personally hope they go back to a more open navigational design like MK9's, but bigger and more varied. MKX's linear design was kinda frustrating since it took forever to get to specific points, even with shortcuts. I get they wanted you to feel like you were "in" it, but it's kinda unnecessary imo. The point of the Krypt is to unlock cool stuff, so navigation should at least never feel cumbersome or tedious.

I might support a more elaborate design only if they flesh out the navigation and make it more of a free-roam style.
My favourite crypt that I'll always remember is from Deadly Alliance, it was simple, but for some reason, it was really satisfying to open them up. I would definitely be down for an open concept, being able to select a character and just run around and punch crypts to unlock them.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Well with players who say things like

You can bet your ass they'll add that in again.
I’d rather the mtx be that kind of stuff instead of loot boxes or whatever. You are basically just paying someone to play the game for you. If someone wants to pay 20 dollars to unlock everything (which is crazy to me but whatever) then so be it. That has zero impact whatsoever on us or the game.

Opposed to something like rare gear odds going wonky to entice more mtx. This is just fast forward for the lazy or busy. Not to mention the unlockable characters for tournaments and stuff. Doesn’t some guy have to beat the story mode before every tournament lol? Just get nrs to sponsor a couple “unlock everything” redeemables.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I’d rather the mtx be that kind of stuff instead of loot boxes or whatever. You are basically just paying someone to play the game for you. If someone wants to pay 20 dollars to unlock everything (which is crazy to me but whatever) then so be it. That has zero impact whatsoever on us or the game.

Opposed to something like rare gear odds going wonky to entice more mtx. This is just fast forward for the lazy or busy. Not to mention the unlockable characters for tournaments and stuff. Doesn’t some guy have to beat the story mode before every tournament lol? Just get nrs to sponsor a couple “unlock everything” redeemables.
Yeah, I agree completely. I really believe DLCs like that don't affect anyone negatively in any way.

I’d rather the mtx be that kind of stuff instead of loot boxes or whatever. You are basically just paying someone to play the game for you. If someone wants to pay 20 dollars to unlock everything (which is crazy to me but whatever) then so be it. That has zero impact whatsoever on us or the game
It would be better to have no MTX at all

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I have an idea for the krypt, hope they do this in the future. We've had A to Z with tombstones, we've had different sections with MK A and MK 9, then the more exploratory in different sections in MK X but I'd love for them to have a krypt with representing EVERY realm, then you move onto the next spot or you can go wherever.

One section is Earthrealm, another is Outworld, another is Netherrealm, Zaterra, Vaeternus, etc, etc like think of it like combining MK 9's with MK Deception's konquest if that makes sense.

Yes but if that's not an option, then we have to figure out what mtx is the most consumer friendly and least intrusive. Win-win.
I understand your point, but I disagree with the win-win part. Players have nothing to win from MTXs, at least in general. But yes it would be at least a move in the right direction if they release "consumer friendly MTXs"

stokedAF

casual kahnage
It would be better to have no MTX at all
Not exactly. If lazy people want to give NRS 20 dollars to unlock the krypt then I’m all for it. I want Mortal Kombat to be successful and I’m sure that Warner bros has a mandatory mtx policy. It’s an insurance policy for publishers. “If the game tanks then milk the casuals”.

I don’t want to be nickel and dimed, I’m with you. Nickel and dime the lazy, we all win. NRS gets more support money wise, the lazy get instant gratification and our game isn’t based around mtx. It really is a win/win.

There is nothing wrong with paying money to unlock the krypt,if people dont wanna wait then go for it. As far as the krypt itself, i hope its similar to MKX but much bigger and alot better stuff to unlock and make it alot more difficult to collect items to unlock other areas. I thought it was extremely easy to collect everything

SubZeroIce

Runway
There is nothing wrong with paying money to unlock the krypt,if people dont wanna wait then go for it. As far as the krypt itself, i hope its similar to MKX but much bigger and alot better stuff to unlock and make it alot more difficult to collect items to unlock other areas. I thought it was extremely easy to collect everything
I agree. I'd love the idea of a Konquest kind of Krypt.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Not exactly. If lazy people want to give NRS 20 dollars to unlock the krypt then I’m all for it. I want Mortal Kombat to be successful and I’m sure that Warner bros has a mandatory mtx policy. It’s an insurance policy for publishers. “If the game tanks then milk the casuals”.

I don’t want to be nickel and dimed, I’m with you. Nickel and dime the lazy, we all win. NRS gets more support money wise, the lazy get instant gratification and our game isn’t based around mtx. It really is a win/win.
Consumers want to reap the rewards of vastly more expensive video game production than ever before, but still only want to pay between $50-$60 for the game. This is what games cost TWENTY years ago!
Fine, so they still charge you only $60 for the game, but offer completely optional additional content or options for profit. There is absolutely no reason for people to complain here, unless they want these companies to start charging what they SHOULD be charging for a typical modern game, which is roughly between $105-$150, depending on production costs.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Consumers want to reap the rewards of vastly more expensive video game production than ever before, but still only want to pay between $50-$60 for the game. This is what games cost TWENTY years ago!
Fine, so they still charge you only $60 for the game, but offer completely optional additional content or options for profit. There is absolutely no reason for people to complain here, unless they want these companies to start charging what they SHOULD be charging for a typical modern game, which is roughly between $105-$150, depending on production costs.
I bought the premium edition for 40 dollars more. It doesn’t seem like a bargain, it seems like it would be the same price as if I bought them separately.

I also bought the standard digital version, i’ll just use the Kombat pass from the physical version. I’m also buying the mk2 1uparcade machine, looks sick! So I payed 160 for mk11 already. I’m sure i’ll buy a skin or 2. I get what you are saying and I’m showing my support as an individual lol. I don’t disagree.

I just don’t like games that are based around the mtx mechanic though. If you have to use it for your game to recoup costs then you probably shouldn’t have made that game to begin with.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I have a feeling that the krypt will be very similar to the whole Shujinko adventure...a 3rd person adventure perhaps.
Included in it will be puzzles ala MKX