What's new

KRYPT Konfirmed Motor Kombat Deconfirmed

vapid

cyber warlord
Interesting video, thanks. Glad it confirms the biggest story mode and krypt they've done so far, and the fact that gear is cosmetic and not something that buffs character damage. That's going to be important in tournaments especially, and they acknowledge this.

No Tag Team

---

Oh I know angry joe he's the guy ed boon totally conned into believing MKX would have a good pc port. What a maroon that guy is! Ed fooled his ass good.
Angsty Joe is the consummate reviewer to the casuals -- you could tell him that the 'proof' of the Earth being flat was DLC, and he'd buy it!

As for MKX, it worked fine for me, out-of-the-box... And I wasn't running any monster rig. To be fair, my mate, who was running a GTX770M (compared to me AMD7970M), got a slide show initially--until they fixed it.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Still not sure why people expected tag lmao.

Least played mode in MK9. The numbers alone speak volumes and I'd rather they put resources into other things as he said in the video. I'm so hyped for the story. Always my favorite part of NRS games and why they stand out imo. It's gonna be so dope to see familiar faces in familiar situations. Just the tease of young Liu Kang and Kung Lao going up against their revenant selves is enough to get me hype.

Still not sure why people expected tag lmao.

Least played mode in MK9. The numbers alone speak volumes and I'd rather they put resources into other things as he said in the video. I'm so hyped for the story. Always my favorite part of NRS games and why they stand out imo. It's gonna be so dope to see familiar faces in familiar situations. Just the tease of young Liu Kang and Kung Lao going up against their revenant selves is enough to get me hype.
Honestly people expected it because it’s been a long time due again from requests. It may of been least played but it was still very fun and played. It was just very unbalanced on mk9. It has huge potential and many people want it back. Just because you don’t understand it, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t. (I also really enjoy the story mode!) But co-op is what’s keeps games alive for me and friends as versing each other gets abit boring. Will still play it for a while though!

xXRagingFlameXx

Honestly people expected it because it’s been a long time due again from requests. It may of been least played but it was still very fun and played.
It might've been played, but compared to other modes? I don't think anybody expected it besides the vocal minority of people who've been gunning for it for some reasons. The moment Ed Boon said it was the least played mode in Mortal Kombat 9, should've told people to stop getting their hopes up for it.

They shouldn't be required to do something because of a few requests because if that were the case, we'd end up with a real garbage game because they'd end up putting time, money, and resources into something that shouldn't have taken up those resources.

No offense, but Tag-Mode would be a waste of recourses and time that could go into polishing the story or adding a lot of single player content that the game NEEDS. I'd much rather have a bunch to do and collect in single player and a rich, in-depth story mode than a mode that only a handful of people would touch.

It might've been played, but compared to other modes? I don't think anybody expected it besides the vocal minority of people who've been gunning for it for some reasons. The moment Ed Boon said it was the least played mode in Mortal Kombat 9, should've told people to stop getting their hopes up for it.

They shouldn't be required to do something because of a few requests because if that were the case, we'd end up with a real garbage game because they'd end up putting time, money, and resources into something that shouldn't have taken up those resources.

No offense, but Tag-Mode would be a waste of recourses and time that could go into polishing the story or adding a lot of single player content that the game NEEDS. I'd much rather have a bunch to do and collect in single player and a rich, in-depth story mode than a mode that only a handful of people would touch.
It’s really not a handful I’ve seen loads of requests and petitions, but you do you.

xXRagingFlameXx

There were plenty of people who played it, especially offline which Ed isn’t talking about. Not to mention online was exploited by unbalanced mess. Petitions,polls,threads also don’t lie sis x
Arguing isn't gonna change the fact that it's not in, or that those resources could go to much better uses that a wider audience of people would find enjoyable.

I'm not bashing tag mode, hon. I couldn't care less. But, if Ed says that they'd rather put those resources to something else then that's their decision and a good one at that. :rolleyes: The time they would have spent trying to balance tag mode, can now go into balancing and tweaking 1v1 play. Which is clearly where their priorities lie, as it should, considering the importance of tournaments and so on.

Arguing isn't gonna change the fact that it's not in, or that those resources could go to much better uses that a wider audience of people would find enjoyable.

I'm not bashing tag mode, hon. I couldn't care less. But, if Ed says that they'd rather put those resources to something else then that's their decision and a good one at that. :rolleyes: The time they would have spent trying to balance tag mode, can now go into balancing and tweaking 1v1 play. Which is clearly where their priorities lie, as it should, considering the importance of tournaments and so on.
I’m not arguing I’m just stating it is very requested. And it’s no secret NRS focus on the pro comp scene more than anything, so I wouldn’t expect anything less. A side mode wouldn’t of hurt, keeping 1v1 as the focus again atleast offline has more to it for friends.

Unfortunately, Ed didn't say "longest," he said biggest. Which in dev speak could mean anything.
Literally, it's salesman's semantics for "most co$tly". I'd have preferred he'd spent Warner Brothers' infinite resources on a co-op story mode (think: "dramatic battle" / 1v2, 2v2), and not a one-hit-wonder, YouTube viewable cut-scene parade... I've already got MK: Conquest if I want to see bad CGI and C-grade acting.

It's well ironic that they trumpet the game's offline story and "towers" modes, while (in IJ2, at least) they left out the one, integral component of local / offline play... >_>

Interesting video, thanks. Glad it confirms the biggest story mode and krypt they've done so far, and the fact that gear is cosmetic and not something that buffs character damage. That's going to be important in tournaments especially, and they acknowledge this.
i mean i believe i heard some where that gear augments increase the damage of specials but that stuff is just for casual play anyway

Yani

Noob
i mean i believe i heard some where that gear augments increase the damage of specials but that stuff is just for casual play anyway
The thing is they say it's optional because it's only offline however it's necessary to deal with if we want more customisation options... So not exactly optional. I'd love to be able to turn off Augments offline as well as online.