What's new

Krypt is still frustrating.

Its great they added where exactly to find the items but the percentage of getting those items are still low, it’s ridiculous. I have about a dozen more gear in the hidden chest and have opened them all and refilled at least 5 times and nothing. One piece of Raiden gear says normal chest and I’ve refilled those chest at least 20 times and haven’t gotten anything and I also haven’t gotten any Artwork since they first week this game came out. They need major adjustments to the percentage of getting these items because I’m tired of going back to the krypt and only getting augments, forge items and krypt items.

Agreed. It's still kinda shite because Kano's MK3 skin just says it's in the Krypt (no additional information whatsoever, like pre-patch). And I've pretty much completely plundered my Krypt entirely and can't find the damn thing AT ALL. Same goes for the MK3 Kabal mask. It is absolutely MADDENING that NRS did the Krypt this way.

I mean, they could have NOT changed anything and just left everything as vague as it was, but at this point I'm willing to outright BUY that MK3 Kabal mask. That and the MK3 Kano skin are the only pieces of gear that's left that I actually want.

drewrman

There is no knowledge that is not power.
I mean, they could have NOT changed anything and just left everything as vague as it was, but at this point I'm willing to outright BUY that MK3 Kabal mask. That and the MK3 Kano skin are the only pieces of gear that's left that I actually want.
kabal's mk3 mask is obtainable through the new random skin/gear reward system in towers of time.

kabal's mk3 mask is obtainable through the new random skin/gear reward system in towers of time.
Thanks. I'm aware of the new method to obtain cosmetics, but I guess I just don't like that 1) it's random and 2) there are towers where the reward is either a skin, gear, OR augment. I understand the idea that the game shouldn't really hand you what you want, but c'mon... They're cosmetics. Personally, I'd have made it so that the characters that have classic gear would have them unlocked via their character tutorials. Just my 2 cents.

You may want to run around with blind fold on. I hadn't seen gear in those chests since june. Pulled a liu kang skin, kano eye, and a few others today. Not doubting your techniques at farming, just a suggestion.

trufenix

bye felicia
Cruel as it is, its keeping you fucking around in tower mode and the krypt, months after the game came out. That's why they did it.

I personally cannot believe someone at NRS thought we'd really be playing this thing for like a year to unlock skins but apparently they did.

Agreed. It's still kinda shite because Kano's MK3 skin just says it's in the Krypt (no additional information whatsoever, like pre-patch). And I've pretty much completely plundered my Krypt entirely and can't find the damn thing AT ALL. Same goes for the MK3 Kabal mask. It is absolutely MADDENING that NRS did the Krypt this way.
Kano MK3-ish skin will most likely be unlocked through a Krypt event, just like Jax klassic arms and as Derek confirmed re Liu Kang Young Justice.

Cruel as it is, its keeping you fucking around in tower mode and the krypt, months after the game came out. That's why they did it.

I personally cannot believe someone at NRS thought we'd really be playing this thing for like a year to unlock skins but apparently they did.
It is truly grimey. But given that most skins are nearly identical, I don't feel the need to unlock everything for everyone, just for my mains/ninjas.

Spektor

Noob
I have 37 skins left from Shrine. 19 gear from Restocked Spirit Chests. 5 gear from Normal Chests. 1 gear from Kronika Sphere. 1 skin and 2 gear from AI Battles. Kollector Trade and Forge completed. Least I'm getting somewhere I suppose

trufenix

bye felicia
It is truly grimey. But given that most skins are nearly identical, I don't feel the need to unlock everything for everyone, just for my mains/ninjas.
I do very much appreciate them ditching the I2 random character fuck you lootboxes, and the character specific tower rewards are a step in the right direction but its still real oppressive to wave it all in our faces and have to play roulette. If I didn't know my character had a dope mask I still can't have, I wouldn't be so upset everytime something else pops up.

Honestly, the game should've shipped with everything below MYTHIC unlocked.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Still don't have maskless Skarlet and she's almost dropped out of my top 3 characters. She's barely hanging in there, need maskless to bring back the vigor. lol

Please Elder Gods!

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Right now the krypt means pretty nothing to me. I crafted it all have 4million gold with nothing to spend it on. . 90% gear is found in tot random rewards guys .

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I just want to know how to get the MK9 Noob mask. It says "In the Krypt", no regular chest, no soul chest, no Kronika vault, no shrine, no Kollector trade just "in the krypt"....and ill be honest im not dying to have it but I do want it to complete my Noob kollection.

EDIT - and yes I do have the other one that is basically the same thing but with the Brotherhood symbol on the forehead.

Last edited:

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
I just want to know how to get the MK9 Noob mask. It says "The the Krypt", no regular chest, no soul chest, no Kronika vault, no shrine, no Kollector trade just "in the krypt"....and ill be honest im not dying to have it but I do want it to complete my Noob kollection.

EDIT - and yes I do have the other one that is basically the same thing but with the Brotherhood symbol on the forehead.
That will be golden kronkia spehere or in his own tower . Most likely the Golden kronkia sphere .