What's new

Krypt Guide by IGN

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
IGN posted a huge Krypt walkthrough with pics and stats. Some chests are RNG but others have predetermined contents. Everyone should utilize this early guide to not waist coins. Certain chests have 7 character epic skins and cost 250,000 koins and others are 250blood hearts and the best ones cost 3000 souls.

Here it is:

The Krypt is kinda grindy and some of the towers used to get the resources are very hard and have time limits so it can be challenging to get what you need. There are also Summon Towers which require you to forge in the Krypt, the catch to that is the recipes used to forge only show 2/3 ingredients. So yes it's a grind, but there is hope yet!
Most of the legendary gear/skins are in predetermined chests that are not RNG so you just need to manage your resources and spend wisley to get all the goodies.

The basic chests are RNG and give common items like: art, consumables, forge ingredients and occasionally a common skin that may look cool to you. But the key to getting the Mythic/Legendary gear and skins is the ones that require 250,000 koins/3000 souls/250-350 blood hearts. They are listed in this guide and show contents & location of those high cost chests.

There is one underwater with 7 characters mythic skins explained in the guide.

Hopefully over time we will get all static chests labeled in guides. If anything is missing in this guide please post in here so everyone learns with you.

Last edited:

HAMMER

Noob
I'm not reading any of that shit.

Someone tell me (Tell me[/Shinnok): I started the Krypt last night.

Previous to starting the Krypt I had beaten Story Mode (checked off all of the character boxes via multiple choice for which character you wish to fight as). I beat Klassic Ladder (12 opponent edition) with Shao Kahn. I beat four step "Time" Towers with Shao Kahn to unlock multiple Time Towers.

I also did the beginning tutorial before Story Mode.

I entered the Krypt and went through area one, and area two. I obtained Shao Kahn's big dick hammer and started mashing area one and two. I then went through the cracked wall in area two where the corpses are holding a green light.

IT won't let me get the corpses with the green light's prizes. It also won't let me get a few chests in the same area.

Am I doing this right?

Also, how do I get hearts and shit.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
This guide is actually incomplete.
Once you receive the Dragon Amulet, you use it to unlock a door by the forge and you place certain key items into the slots downstairs. I filled the center slot but can't seem to find the items for the left or right slot.

Also, after finding Reptile, it says to find him again. I… can't :(

Last edited:

mook

Noob
I'm not reading any of that shit.

Someone tell me (Tell me[/Shinnok): I started the Krypt last night.

Previous to starting the Krypt I had beaten Story Mode (checked off all of the character boxes via multiple choice for which character you wish to fight as). I beat Klassic Ladder (12 opponent edition) with Shao Kahn. I beat four step "Time" Towers with Shao Kahn to unlock multiple Time Towers.

I also did the beginning tutorial before Story Mode.

I entered the Krypt and went through area one, and area two. I obtained Shao Kahn's big dick hammer and started mashing area one and two. I then went through the cracked wall in area two where the corpses are holding a green light.

IT won't let me get the corpses with the green light's prizes. It also won't let me get a few chests in the same area.

Am I doing this right?

Also, how do I get hearts and shit.
Why do you keep posting this? You‘re doing it just fine. You get hearts from spearing those hanging corpses in the Krypt, you get those green souls things from winning matches and koins for wins. You can also get Koins and Souls green things from Tower completions.

HAMMER

Noob
Why do you keep posting this? You‘re doing it just fine. You get hearts from spearing those hanging corpses in the Krypt, you get those green souls things from winning matches and koins for wins. You can also get Koins and Souls green things from Tower completions.
By reading shit.
I keep posting it because nobody is giving me a proper response.

I guess I'm older now.

But, 10 years ago people would try and help if someone asked.

Now people (artificially) interact on the internet more than off of it; so, it makes people respond in stupid ways to questions that are simple.

Thanks for the response.

But, I'm not going to read and study some bullshit when the game shouldn't even be this complex in the first place. Why is this game more complex than my engineering job? I don't want to work a game, I want to play it. Fuck the brain stressing in order to figure shit out!

mook

Noob
I keep posting it because nobody is giving me a proper response.

I guess I'm older now.

But, 10 years ago people would try and help if someone asked.

Now people (artificially) interact on the internet more than off of it; so, it makes people respond in stupid ways to questions that are simple.

Thanks for the response.

But, I'm not going to read and study some bullshit when the game shouldn't even be this complex in the first place. Why is this game more complex than my engineering job? I don't want to work a game, I want to play it. Fuck the brain stressing in order to figure shit out!
But you got your answer now my man, you don‘t gotta read anymore :)

LawAbidingCitizen

Although I do believe we will figure our the Krypt and get accurate percentage of drops from basic chests in the long run.
The Krypt is kinda jacked right now, especially the towers how some are Hard+ difficulty and some require payment of 25,000 koins plus per character just to get a single skin. We are looking at $6000 or more if we pay money to get every chest unlocked. It's a grind but at least it's obtainable.
We will do better once the hotfux is implemented and we have foolproof guides established. But I completely understand people being frustrated with how it is currently.

I want things to be hard to get but also attainable. A blend between, I think we just need more currency per tower dropped especially hearts

HAMMER

Noob
I didn't get any answer.

Someone list what all this bullshit does from the Krypt.

Also, list where you can get SHIT for the Krypt from.

I just beat Classic Arcade with Centrion (5 opponent ladder). I'm doing 5 opponents from here on out so I can unlock all of the endings.

Then I'll grind for all this bullshit to unlock in the Krypt.

I'm also doing the character's tutorial before the klassic tower.

I found reptile 4 times already nothing special tho 200 souls as reward cant seem to find him a 5th time. Keep your souls dont open soulchests, the bridge can be repaired for 2k souls but its bullshit, only a shao kahn chest waiting there and reptile can be on the bridge he has 4 other spots to tho. The 3k souls near the river gives u a 250k chest with lots of skins and one extra tower key where u can grind shit ton of konsumables and gold. As of the pieces down the dragonamulett room to get the first amulett, shinnoks amulett u need to save 10k souls to use at the tree in the dark forest section. That gives u an item u need to craft shinnoks amulett. The third one havrnt been able to get yet.

LawAbidingCitizen

I didn't get any answer.

Someone list what all this bullshit does from the Krypt.

Also, list where you can get SHIT for the Krypt from.

I just beat Classic Arcade with Centrion (5 opponent ladder). I'm doing 5 opponents from here on out so I can unlock all of the endings.

Then I'll grind for all this bullshit to unlock in the Krypt.

I'm also doing the character's tutorial before the klassic tower.
Look I feel ya man, it's frustrating but do you want everyone to have the mythic skins or just the ones who put in the work?

As for your Krypt questions it's in the IGN post I linked. Instead of grinding, go by the guide I posted which will help you get the most for your koin.

Forge in krypt is to get keys to summon towers in towers of time section which has good prizes. There is also a thread on recipes so you don't have to find them.
It's like day3 and noone has the Krypt fully understood yet. But we will and once we knowdrop rates we can tell you chest at 8000,1450 has garbage don't waist your money. Or this chest has a 0.03% chance to drop skin.

I made this thread for everyone to help each other navigate the Krypt and find the most optimal cost effective way to spend hard earned currency.

BTW those green things in krypt that are locked are unlocked with soul frags so save up and don't spend them. You will need about 3000-8000 for the major unlocks and big chests.

LawAbidingCitizen

If I want to play with my brother and let him have the option of customizing his characters, that means I'm going to need at least $12,00.

I'm accepting any donations :rolleyes:
We need to ask NRS to allow profile sharing so if main account has all skins so do other accounts on same console do as well. It's really rediculous to have to spend months on every account to get your characters skins. Hopefully this thread helps everyone master Krypt unlocks and helps make it easier for everyone to be cost effective in the Krypt.

HAMMER

Noob
Look I feel ya man, it's frustrating but do you want everyone to have the mythic skins or just the ones who put in the work?

As for your Krypt questions it's in the IGN post I linked. Instead of grinding, go by the guide I posted which will help you get the most for your koin.

Forge in krypt is to get keys to summon towers in towers of time section which has good prizes. There is also a thread on recipes so you don't have to find them.
It's like day3 and noone has the Krypt fully understood yet. But we will and once we knowdrop rates we can tell you chest at 8000,1450 has garbage don't waist your money. Or this chest has a 0.03% chance to drop skin.

I made this thread for everyone to help each other navigate the Krypt and find the most optimal cost effective way to spend hard earned currency.

BTW those green things in krypt that are locked are unlocked with soul frags so save up and don't spend them. You will need about 3000-8000 for the major unlocks and big chests.
Thanks breh.