What's new

Krushing Blows with the PND Condiment Bros

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
So Krushing Blows are one of several new mechanics being introduced in Mortal Kombat 11. But many seemed confused as to what they actual did (myself included, and I played the game). But PND Ketchup and PND Mustard were able to get enough time on the game to fully breakdown how they work as they stand right now.

Short-hand version: think brutalities, but based on counter hits and not winning the game. They recorded this footage going over everything they found with Baraka and Scorpion, looking at what each one of them was capable of with this new mechanic. So you have several you can do in a match, but you can only do that specific one once a match. Also, some of them appear to have effects, like DoT damage applied instead of just a big ol' chunk of damage. For people concerned about needing to figure out how to defend against 20,000 different moves, relax: it's not as simple as "they just do the special". If you aren't mashing D1 out of block, you probably won't be getting hit by these all the time. Where they differ is some have requirements on top of that you need to do, like maybe holding down a button. To get a better idea, go check out the video down below.

Last edited:

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
This is such a very Kool mechanic. It's a game changer and I can see the meta forming around it has it's not going to just mean big damage and the usual corner carrying offense we're used to. I can see it being a fantastic starter for combos, wiffs, punishs, counters all the parameters so said required.

The juicy thing is the mind games of knowing your opponents KB and still opening them up or defending yourself with yours. To have the option to begin your offense using KB and thus amplify during your offense and maybe ending with another KB and getting the opponent right where you want them without spending resorcres or meter like in previous games before.

I am super glad that a intelligent mechanic makes you think and especially happy that it's only allowable once per match. Super good call guys as it won't be constantly abused like a random projectile.

Man... I've always wanted something like this in a game. Really great call on KB NRS.