What's new

Kronika skins missing

smoke420

Noob
I believe the tower I'm looking for is called kronikas army. Guess it came out way back in may before they added more towers in a patch, & I can't get these skins any other way. Haven't seen tower up since then, &I've checked daily.....16622

Why can't NRS just put a price on any skin while your kustomizing your character?

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Cause they are idiots. I’ve missed classic Liu Kang vault but I don’t really care anymore. The game’s a mess. I hit MKX first time yesterday since last year and God how good the content in Krypt was made. Here you just choose the default skin and go online. Manually changing the variation from the options also sucks. I got invited into a tourney and when I chose the tournament mode for the people they were frustrated about the characters not having their regular moves, took me a while to make it clear that default moves are not meant for competition. Kustom variation my ass.

@smoke420 As I recall, this Tower (Kronika's Army) has now appeared twice. And sadly, unless the skins appear in the Store, you'll have to keep checking for the Tower itself. I agree that Skins and Gear should have a premium cost for those who wish to simply buy them and be done with it.

@DragonofDadashov24 I've been playing a good bit of Mortal Kombat XL as well, and while I absolutely love Mortal Kombat 11, I do feel that Mortal Kombat XL is the better game overall. Gameplay-wise I personally prefer the more combo-heavy focus as opposed to a neutral focus. Variations, despite having issues, were done properly in that game, and one of my biggest gripes with Mortal Kombat 11 is how the Tournament Variations weren't the standard ones in all modes to begin with.

In terms of cosmetics and unlocks, I vastly prefer how Mortal Kombat XL has them, save the lack of additional skins for DLC characters. Having a few to several skins per character, being able to select a Skin on Player Select Screen, and actually being able to get all the concept art and such in the Krypt was well done. I really like the design of the Krypt in Mortal Kombat 11 (it's my favourite Krypt ever), but I don't like the unlock system in the game.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
@smoke420 As I recall, this Tower (Kronika's Army) has now appeared twice. And sadly, unless the skins appear in the Store, you'll have to keep checking for the Tower itself. I agree that Skins and Gear should have a premium cost for those who wish to simply buy them and be done with it.
Those skins are categorized as in-game content, which means '' you already paid for '' .. Only the ekstra skin packs like Halloween Skin Pack should be bought. Not in-game contents. There should be an easier way to get those skins. Waiting for krypt events or waiting for a specific tower is miserable. We are not sleeping in front of our consoles while playing MK11. We have jobs, families, school works, friends, a social life etc etc..

Those skins are categorized as in-game content, which means '' you already paid for '' .. Only the ekstra skin packs like Halloween Skin Pack should be bought. Not in-game contents. There should be an easier way to get those skins. Waiting for krypt events or waiting for a specific tower is miserable. We are not sleeping in front of our consoles while playing MK11. We have jobs, families, school works, friends, a social life etc etc..
By "premium cost" in this instance, I meant with in-game currency (Time Krystals, Koins, Souls, etc.), not real world money.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I got these skins wayyyyyy back. Like week 1. Have not seen them since. But, yea the skin system in this game is absolute garbage.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The way NRS handled the skins in this game is really stupid tbh. I would be willing to bet if they had them on the store for a few bucks more people would buy them that way cough[ classic female skins proof anyone?cough* than rather grinding, waiting for these dumb towers that hit like.once a month for certain skins. I only saw this tower once literally.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
interesting. I must have played this tower as I have all 3.... i did not realize they were rare. I am missing skins however that are found in the kronika balls in the krypt. I believe the story mode Kitana and a couple of the highest level skins in previous KL. although....the only ones i think were cool i missed out on were the Cassie Cage black/green one. Also, I don't understand why the Kitana Kahn mask like in story mode wear she pulls it down as that is awesome. I feel like all Kitana revenant skins look very odd without the Kitana Kahn mask. Personally...I'm not a fan of buns on men and women unless it is a fancy updo or they just threw it up cuz sh*t is about to get real.

trufenix

bye felicia
remember a year ago when people started complaining about this? Thought for sure it was going to matter then...

I believe the tower I'm looking for is called kronikas army. Guess it came out way back in may before they added more towers in a patch, & I can't get these skins any other way. Haven't seen tower up since then, &I've checked daily.....View attachment 16622

Why can't NRS just put a price on any skin while your kustomizing your character?
I feel the same about KL. I hate playing online but some of the earlier skins looked awesome.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
interesting. I must have played this tower as I have all 3.... i did not realize they were rare. I am missing skins however that are found in the kronika balls in the krypt. I believe the story mode Kitana and a couple of the highest level skins in previous KL. although....the only ones i think were cool i missed out on were the Cassie Cage black/green one. Also, I don't understand why the Kitana Kahn mask like in story mode wear she pulls it down as that is awesome. I feel like all Kitana revenant skins look very odd without the Kitana Kahn mask. Personally...I'm not a fan of buns on men and women unless it is a fancy updo or they just threw it up cuz sh*t is about to get real.
Because NRS trolled us hard this game. Hiding all the cool shit, skins, gear etc behind different modes. Some in story, some in towers, some in the krypt and some in KL. Forcing you to play every mode. Yeah I wonder why they did that with Kitana.

smoke420

Noob
Is this fucking tower dead forever or what... started this thread in March.. still can't get jade temporal assassin skin... i do brutal towers all the time, which gives a skin for completion, & no jade skin. Not in the shop ever... Wtf.. @16 Bit

Art Lean

Noob
Is this fucking tower dead forever or what... started this thread in March.. still can't get jade temporal assassin skin... i do brutal towers all the time, which gives a skin for completion, & no jade skin. Not in the shop ever... Wtf.. @16 Bit
I've not got Temporal Assassin either and I too check the game daily (will play any towers I don't have all the unlocked gear for whether I like the skin or not since I'm just being a completionist these days). I've got the others some how though?

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Yeah I was lucky enough to get these right when the game dropped. Have never seen the tower once since then. Doesn’t surprise me though lmao, probably gonna be up for crystals or something

smoke420

Noob
I've not got Temporal Assassin either and I too check the game daily (will play any towers I don't have all the unlocked gear for whether I like the skin or not since I'm just being a completionist these days). I've got the others some how though?
Yea i also am a completionist.
i have the other 2 as well, but no jade....
another thing.. i have all skins Kitana.. at least the 92/92 that's listed. Wondered that also, are there other skins that aren't listed im missing?
I panic, bc the shop had Shang skins that i didn't have, but it said i had all 45/45... like that shit make me want to dive into an empty pool... Do i have them all or not, wth

Art Lean

Noob
Yea i also am a completionist.
i have the other 2 as well, but no jade....
another thing.. i have all skins Kitana.. at least the 92/92 that's listed. Wondered that also, are there other skins that aren't listed im missing?
I panic, bc the shop had Shang skins that i didn't have, but it said i had all 45/45... like that shit make me want to dive into an empty pool... Do i have them all or not, wth
Don't believe so for Kitana. Outside of Kombat Packs, regular DLC packs and Kombat League skins, the only ones I know of that exist beyond the game's normal unlockable realms are -
  • Cangaceiro Kano (2 shades released to Premium Store, I believe the other 4 shades are still exclusive to the Brazilian release)
  • Kold War Skarlet (6 shades, was originally a UK Amazon exclusive but was reissued for the Premium Store)
  • Gold Demon Scorpion (I believe this is still completely exclusive to the original special bust edition of the game and has never turned up in the store)
  • Movie Shang without the jacket released to the Premium Store (4 shades so far, MK Wharehouse renders confirm there should be 6)
  • UMK3 female ninjas now incl. Mileena (6 shades, Premium Store and Race Against Time)
  • MK2 female ninjas now incl. Mileena (4 shades for everyone except Mileena who strangely has 6, Premium Store and Race Against Time)
  • MK2 Rain (6 shades, Premium Store)
  • Avalanche Sub Zero (released as part of UMK11's special bust edition but also to the Premium Store)
Can anyone advise if I've forgotten any?

Last edited:

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
Don't believe so for Kitana. Outside of Kombat Packs, regular DLC packs and Kombat League skins, the only ones I know of that exist beyond the game's normal unlockable realms are -
  • Cangaceiro Kano (2 shades released to Premium Store, I believe the other 4 shades are still exclusive to the Brazilian release)
  • Kold War Skarlet (6 shades, was originally a UK Amazon exclusive but was reissued for the Premium Store)
  • Gold Demon Scorpion (I believe this is still completely exclusive to the original special bust edition of the game and has never turned up in the store)
  • Movie Shang without the jacket released to the Premium Store (6 shades)
  • UMK3 female ninjas now incl. Mileena (6 shades, Premium Store and Race Against Time)
  • MK2 female ninjas now incl. Mileena (6 shades, Premium Store and Race Against Time)
  • MK2 Rain (6 shades, Premium Store)
  • Avalanche Sub Zero (released as part of UMK11's special bust edition but also to the Premium Store)
Can anyone advise if I've forgotten any?
im missing the shang tsung sleevless jacket skins :(

Art Lean

Noob
Correction to my previous post, turns out I don't actually have any of these 3 skins; was confusing the Kung Lao one for 'Second Hand' and Jade's for 'Eternal Friend', both of which I have, which in checking through also turns out I have the accompanying Kitana one of 'Time Kahn' as well. So I have all the white-on-black versions of these skins, but not the black-on-white ones that this tower gave out (what was the unlock requirement of the palette flipped versions I do have?).

That said, these are all revenant skins which I don't use anyway, so I don't have any lingering desire to get them regardless (but obviously will if the tower returns, I won't say no to free content).

smoke420

Noob
Correction to my previous post, turns out I don't actually have any of these 3 skins; was confusing the Kung Lao one for 'Second Hand' and Jade's for 'Eternal Friend', both of which I have, which in checking through also turns out I have the accompanying Kitana one of 'Time Kahn' as well. So I have all the white-on-black versions of these skins, but not the black-on-white ones that this tower gave out (what was the unlock requirement of the palette flipped versions I do have?).

That said, these are all revenant skins which I don't use anyway, so I don't have any lingering desire to get them regardless (but obviously will if the tower returns, I won't say no to free content).
if it really does bother you, i know you can hit start on the white/black skin instead of X and you will get the black/white version even without it being unlocked...

but still, its just the principle, this tower not coming up in over a year now. & we have the ultimate version of the game.

if NRS really wanted to get your $, then they would put the shit you DONT already have in the shop & bait you to buy shit, or grind for krystals and then buy.

but i always look there for shit & i then turns out i have it already. oh well, life's a bitch then you die.

Art Lean

Noob
if it really does bother you, i know you can hit start on the white/black skin instead of X and you will get the black/white version even without it being unlocked...

but still, its just the principle, this tower not coming up in over a year now. & we have the ultimate version of the game.

if NRS really wanted to get your $, then they would put the shit you DONT already have in the shop & bait you to buy shit, or grind for krystals and then buy.

but i always look there for shit & i then turns out i have it already. oh well, life's a bitch then you die.
Oh it doesn't bother me at all, as I said, they're revenant skins which doesn't appeal to me (Nightwolf is the only character I've actually allocated a revenant skin to because I think he looks incredible and my head-canon deems it all warpaint anyway), but the OP would like them so hope they become available again for them to enjoy.

That said, even though I have them already, I do think the old Golden Krypt Events that locked a lot of classic gear and skins behind Ed's Twitter updates, such as a MK2 Liu Kang, Jax's classic arms etc. are particularly unfair since only half were reissued even once again and if you didn't know to sign in that day you'll still be lingering without them. As I said, I have them so it's not an issue for me, but don't like knowing there's undoubtedly loads of fans out there who can't get the classic gear they want because they didn't check Ed's twitter that one weekend in August 2019.

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
Oh it doesn't bother me at all, as I said, they're revenant skins which doesn't appeal to me (Nightwolf is the only character I've actually allocated a revenant skin to because I think he looks incredible and my head-canon deems it all warpaint anyway), but the OP would like them so hope they become available again for them to enjoy.

That said, even though I have them already, I do think the old Golden Krypt Events that locked a lot of classic gear and skins behind Ed's Twitter updates, such as a MK2 Liu Kang, Jax's classic arms etc. are particularly unfair since only half were reissued even once again and if you didn't know to sign in that day you'll still be lingering without them. As I said, I have them so it's not an issue for me, but don't like knowing there's undoubtedly loads of fans out there who can't get the classic gear they want because they didn't check Ed's twitter that one weekend in August 2019.
checking ed boons twitter for updates was a bad move to begin with because i missed out of jax classic arms the first time and was devesated lol. but i learned my lesson quick i was checking his twitter everyday! i agree the revenant skins are booty but im trying to complete mk11 with all the skins even playing the ai mode that i dread lol. thats cool we can skin swop by pressing start but hopefully i get to unlock all the skins! also by the time i decided to complete all of injustice 2 the game was dead. but i plan to revisit and complete that aswell

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker

thanks for the info about pressing start. i knew to press it if i" had" the costume but didnt know i could do it if i didnt have both.

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
i wonder if this time around that they add new costumes for the dlc characters in KL. even though ive completed all kl i still plan to play for the time krystals. hopefully they add something new as well