What's new

Kronika Announcer on Multiple Platforms

Hi all,

Is there a way to get the Kronika announcer on multiple platforms, as I know you can only link the mobile game to a single platform according to the official FAQ.

I primarily play on PC, but just picked the game up on sale for Xbox One X, and it'd be great to have said announcer there if possible.

Thanks.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I thought all the mobile bonuses were connected to your WB account, not to any specific game or platform. So, as long as you log in with your connected WB account, I believe you'll be set.

I thought all the mobile bonuses were connected to your WB account, not to any specific game or platform. So, as long as you log in with your connected WB account, I believe you'll be set.
Sadly, that doesn't appear to be the case. Taken from this Support Article:

"Important Note: Your Mortal Kombat 11 Console/PC Account and your Mortal Kombat Mobile Account can only be linked to ONE other account. The link is permanent and cannot be changed at this time. This means you will want to make sure that you are logged into the Mortal Kombat 11 Console/PC Account and Mortal Kombat Mobile account that you plan to use to play each game regularly if you want to receive all of your rewards."

I was able to subscribe to their newsletter again to get the Raiden announcer, but I actually don't even see where I can log in with my WB account info in general.

Art Lean

Noob
I'm sadly not going to be any help, I'm just reading your post, but that's a damn shame if that's true... because the reason I wanted to chime in was because I can understand your frustrations; I absolutely love that announcer pack, it's been my default since the moment I got it. It's so refreshing and different from what MK's had since 1997 (MK1 had Shang, MK2 and 3 had classic exotic accent Kahn, but since MK4 it's been a very samey selection of generic monster-man voices that all sound similar and I'm so sick of them). Not to mention Jennifer Hale is just always just brilliant in her voice acting and delivers a deliciously stoic performance truly worthy of a deity.

I'm sadly not going to be any help, I'm just reading your post, but that's a damn shame if that's true... because the reason I wanted to chime in was because I can understand your frustrations; I absolutely love that announcer pack, it's been my default since the moment I got it. It's so refreshing and different from what MK's had since 1997 (MK1 had Shang, MK2 and 3 had classic exotic accent Kahn, but since MK4 it's been a very samey selection of generic monster-man voices that all sound similar and I'm so sick of them). Not to mention Jennifer Hale is just always just brilliant in her voice acting and delivers a deliciously stoic performance truly worthy of a deity.
Yeah. If I can't get it, it's not the end of the world of course, but it's cool to have and I like rotating between it and the Shao Kahn announcer (which I need to finish the tutorials to unlock here, and I'm close).

I loved the Shao Kahn announcer from Mortal Kombat II and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, and even in Mortal Kombat (2011), Mortal Kombat XL, and the default for Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, they sound very close to him which I liked. I loathed the generic "monster" voice introduced in Mortal Kombat 4, and I'm not a fan of the next three 3D era games in general.

You have the Xbox One version, yes? That's the one I just picked up. Is there someplace you can see that you can toss in your WB account info?

Art Lean

Noob
Yeah. If I can't get it, it's not the end of the world of course, but it's cool to have and I like rotating between it and the Shao Kahn announcer (which I need to finish the tutorials to unlock here, and I'm close).

I loved the Shao Kahn announcer from Mortal Kombat II and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, and even in Mortal Kombat (2011), Mortal Kombat XL, and the default for Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, they sound very close to him which I liked. I loathed the generic "monster" voice introduced in Mortal Kombat 4, and I'm not a fan of the next three 3D era games in general.

You have the Xbox One version, yes? That's the one I just picked up. Is there someplace you can see that you can toss in your WB account info?
I absolutely hate the announcer(s?) from the 3D games and MK Vs DC (they sound the same to me), it's exaggerated to the point of self-parody, was it meant to be Quan Chi or has it never been stated who the announcer is meant to be?

Nope sorry, I'm on PS4 I'm afraid. Well the Shao Kahn announcer has turned up in the Premium Store quite often... I have to confess I've never completed the tutorial though and so the store was the only option for me; I keep getting stuck on the advanced combo stuff that I swear I'm doing exactly what it says but it doesn't register like it does in the demo clip. And I hate the fact I have to "learn" moves that I'm never ever going to use because they're too cumbersome for me, just to get some remaining Sub Zero gear. :coffee:

I absolutely hate the announcer(s?) from the 3D games and MK Vs DC (they sound the same to me), it's exaggerated to the point of self-parody, was it meant to be Quan Chi or has it never been stated who the announcer is meant to be?

Nope sorry, I'm on PS4 I'm afraid. Well the Shao Kahn announcer has turned up in the Premium Store quite often... I have to confess I've never completed the tutorial though and so the store was the only option for me; I keep getting stuck on the advanced combo stuff that I swear I'm doing exactly what it says but it doesn't register like it does in the demo clip. And I hate the fact I have to "learn" moves that I'm never ever going to use because they're too cumbersome for me, just to get some remaining Sub Zero gear. :coffee:
I don't believe it was ever specified, but also always thought they were trying to base it off Quan Chi.

Okay, the menus on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One would be the same, so out of curiosity, is there anywhere there that you see you can enter your WB Account info? On both PC and Xbox One, I only see the options to "Link to Mobile," (which I did on my PC), and subscribe to their newsletter (which I successfully did on both platforms).

For the Tutorials, a few of them are indeed very finicky, but with persistence you ultimately get them.

Art Lean

Noob
Okay, the menus on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One would be the same, so out of curiosity, is there anywhere there that you see you can enter your WB Account info? On both PC and Xbox One, I only see the options to "Link to Mobile," (which I did on my PC), and subscribe to their newsletter (which I successfully did on both platforms).
Menus are the same as you described, so I'm afraid I can't be anymore help and don't believe there's any change to the old help guide from WB that said you can't link it to more than one:

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Yes. actually you can but it would have to be the Android emulator Bluestacks. you would then download the mobile game and you would have to create a new WB profile. I have only done this once but this did work for me. I would imagine if you have a different phone like an Iphone and normally have an android or whatever you could do this too. but of course, each mobile daily bonus, etc would be different.

And I don't think think this is illegal or anything cuz it just makes them money for each new mobile app downloaded and ad watched or bonus used.

Yes. actually you can but it would have to be the Android emulator Bluestacks. you would then download the mobile game and you would have to create a new WB profile. I have only done this once but this did work for me. I would imagine if you have a different phone like an Iphone and normally have an android or whatever you could do this too. but of course, each mobile daily bonus, etc would be different.

And I don't think think this is illegal or anything cuz it just makes them money for each new mobile app downloaded and ad watched or bonus used.
Thanks. I have an iPhone, though I typically like to keep my accounts all consolidated instead of creating alt accounts for stuff.

If I get desperate for the Announcer though, I'll look into this.

Shania Twain

Thanks. I have an iPhone, though I typically like to keep my accounts all consolidated instead of creating alt accounts for stuff.

If I get desperate for the Announcer though, I'll look into this.
I understand totally ... not sure why they make the mobile stuff all dramatic or at least give you multiple ways to get the voice. It is easily the best announcer IMO in the game. I'm really kinda shocked they didn't have a lot more announcers. I really wish they could have gotten Steve Ritchie back as an announcer. that would have been awesome.

I understand totally ... not sure why they make the mobile stuff all dramatic or at least give you multiple ways to get the voice. It is easily the best announcer IMO in the game. I'm really kinda shocked they didn't have a lot more announcers. I really wish they could have gotten Steve Ritchie back as an announcer. that would have been awesome.
A while back someone did a mock up of a Mileena announcer, which would have been cool.

Art Lean

Noob
I’m turning into a stuck record at this point but why on Earth is there still not a Shang Tsung announcer pack :confused:

What a ridiculously wasted opportunity!

Shania Twain

I’m turning into a stuck record at this point but why on Earth is there still not a Shang Tsung announcer pack :confused:

What a ridiculously wasted opportunity!
I sorta feel like that actor did all of his lines in one session and probably is not equipped to do anything WFH like some of the actors are. Plus even if they could they'd have to get the voice directors and mixing done right to blend with the game. This is why I don't get why they don't just have them from the beginning say every character from the franchise's name just in case. Or any character they think may be a guest but I digress.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Sadly, that doesn't appear to be the case. Taken from this Support Article:

"Important Note: Your Mortal Kombat 11 Console/PC Account and your Mortal Kombat Mobile Account can only be linked to ONE other account. The link is permanent and cannot be changed at this time. This means you will want to make sure that you are logged into the Mortal Kombat 11 Console/PC Account and Mortal Kombat Mobile account that you plan to use to play each game regularly if you want to receive all of your rewards."

I was able to subscribe to their newsletter again to get the Raiden announcer, but I actually don't even see where I can log in with my WB account info in general.
I bought MK11 first for X-Box One, then PS4, then PC.

I remember being unable to get Kronika on PS4 as an announcer due to what you say (the ONE account thingy), but I was able to get her for my PC version much later on. Not entirely sure why.

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
I have the same "issue"

Kronika, the only female announcer and the "boss" of mk11 locked behind such an outside of game thing, is shit

I was always hoping to get her through the ingame store but they never sold her voice.
Note: They did sell for 1000 crystals the other voices tho.

If the game is not "dead", I hope to see an alternative way to get it,
as I still would like to own it.

I bought MK11 first for X-Box One, then PS4, then PC.

I remember being unable to get Kronika on PS4 as an announcer due to what you say (the ONE account thingy), but I was able to get her for my PC version much later on. Not entirely sure why.
If you happen to remember down the road, please let me know!

On an aside, I'm finding the word filter in the Xbox One version hilarious, and more restrictive than the PC.

For example, it won't let me use the word "blood." In Mortal Kombat :confused:. Also, apparently the word "deal" is a no-no on Xbox One.

Art Lean

Noob

On an aside, I'm finding the word filter in the Xbox One version hilarious, and more restrictive than the PC.

For example, it won't let me use the word "blood." In Mortal Kombat:confused:. Also, apparently the word "deal" is a no-no on Xbox One.
That's why they invented capital i's ;)

I sorta feel like that actor did all of his lines in one session and probably is not equipped to do anything WFH like some of the actors are. Plus even if they could they'd have to get the voice directors and mixing done right to blend with the game.
Have you noticed how with Kronika at least, the mixing for Rain, Mileena and Rambo is completely different? It's got WAY more reverb and echo on those names.

Shania Twain

Have you noticed how with Kronika at least, the mixing for Rain, Mileena and Rambo is completely different? It's got WAY more reverb and echo on those names.
oh yes. definitely. i think i'm used to it now cuz it doesn't bother me as much. Also, worth noting is that she pronounces her own name when she introduces herself in the story mode differently than when you lose to her in a tower and she wins. lol. But no biggie ... I've noticed it being pronounced differently by other characters all over the place.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm

For example, it won't let me use the word "blood." In Mortal Kombat:confused:. Also, apparently the word "deal" is a no-no on Xbox One.
I think MK mobile re-setted my account. It was a very old account which I had created with an android emulator for PC back when I needed to play this game to unlock MKX goodies on my PS4 six years ago. I downloaded some hacks which gave me hundreds of thousands of souls and koins in order to make my MKX on android playthroughs as less grind-y as possible.

I think down the line the mobile devs must have filtered out accounts which had cheated and resetted mine (explains why I lost all my progress when I downloaded it again after years in order to play it on my newer mobile.

Turned out just fine for me because I was able to unlock Kronika announcer for my PC.

Yeah. As a Mileena-main, I actually stopped using it on PC because I wasn't keen on the pronunciation of her name!

That's why they invented capital i's
I actually gave this a try last night, as well as using "1"'s, and no dice. It still considers them "offensive language."

I've used the copyright symbol (circle with a "C") for the "o"'s in "Blood," and @ for the "a" in "Deal" as workarounds, though they look silly.

Art Lean

Noob
I actually gave this a try last night, as well as using "1"'s, and no dice. It still considers them "offensive language."

I've used the copyright symbol (circle with a "C") for the "o"'s in "Blood," and @ for the "a" in "Deal" as workarounds, though they look silly.
Oh wow, that's a shame, it works fine on PS4. I've got a Kabal variation named 'Gravity Kills' with two i's as it stupidly doesn't allow the word 'kill' (as a homage to the industrial rock band from the first MK movie soundtrack that I absolutely loved back in the day, as well as a fitting reference to Kabal's deadly speed).