What's new

Guide Kratos Combo Thread

Input for specials:
Apollo’s Bow = Down, Forward, 2 ----- (d,f,2)
Golden fleece/ Parry = Down, Back, 1 ----- (d,b,1)
Hermes Dash = Back, Forward, 4 ----- (b,f,4)
Hermes Dash cancel = Check the HDC strategy thread which contains the original HDC video guide by Teef :)
Helios Head = Down, Back, 2 ----- (d,b,2)
Zeus Rage = Down, Forward, 3 ----- (d,f,3)

-------------------Midscreen Meterless-------------------

1 Starter:
1~Head of Helios, F+4,2, F+4,2*hold 2*,4 38%
1~Head of Helios, F+2~HDC, F+4,2, F+4,2*hold 2*,4 42%

2 Starter:
2,1~Helios Head, F4,2, 2~Bow of Apollo, Zeus Rage – 35% | (38% with jip)
2,1~Helios Head, F4,2, F4,2*hold 2*,4 - 39% | (42% with jip)

3 Starter:
3~Helios Head, F4,2, 2~Bow of Apollo, Zeus Rage – 39% | (42% with jip)
3~Helios Head, F4,2, F4,2*hold 2*,4 – 42% | (45% with jip)

F4 Starter:
F4,2, 1~Bow of Apollo, 1~Head of Helios, JIP,B+2*hold 2*,4 – 44% | (47% with JIP starter)
F4,2, 2~Helios Head, Jip,F4,2*hold 2*,4 – 44% | (47% with JIP starter)
F+4,2~F+4,2*hold 2*,4 – 38% | (41% with JIP starter)

F2 Starter:
F+2~HDC, F+4,2, 1~Bow of Apollo, 1~Head of Helios, JIP,B+2*hold 2*,4 49% | (52% with jip)
F2~HDC, F4,2, 2~Helios Head, Jip, F2~HDC, F4,2*hold 2*,4 – 52% | (55% with jip)
F2~HDC, F4,2, 1,1~Helios Head, Jip, F2~HDC, F4,2*hold 2*,4 – 53% | (56% with jip)

B1 Starter:
B+1~Head of Helios, JIP,F+2~HDC, F+4,2*hold 2*,4 - 42% | (40% as an AA)

Helios Head Starter:
Helios Head, Jip,F4,2, F4,2*hold 2*,4 – 40%

------------------- :ex Midscreen Combos -------------------

1 Starter:
1~Helios Head, F4,2, 2~Apollo’s Inferno, Zeus' Rage – 42% | (45 with jip)

2 Starter:
2,1~Helios Head, F4,2, 2~Apollo’s Inferno, Zeus' Rage – 42% | (45% with jip)
2,1~Helios Head, 2,1,2~Apollo's Inferno, Hermes Dash – 30% | (34% with jip)
2,1~Helios Head, F+4,2, 2,1~Apollo's Inferno, Zeus' Rage – 41%

3 Starter:
3~Helios Head, F4,2, 2~Apollo’s Inferno, Zeus Rage – 46% | (49% with jip)

F4 Starter:
F+4,2, 1~Apollo's Inferno, 1~Zeus' Rage - 44%
F4,2, 2~Apollo’s Inferno, Helios Head, Jip,B2 (hold),4 – 53% | (55% with jip)

F2 Starter:
F2~HDC, F4,2, 2~Apollo’s Inferno, Helios Head, Jip,B2 (hold),4 – 57% | (60% with jip)
F2~Helios Head, F4,2, 2~Apollo's Inferno, 1~Zeus' Rage 47% (49% with jip)

F2~HDC, 3~Helios Head, F+2~HDC, F+4,2, 2,1~Apollo's Inferno, Zeus' Rage – 53% | (49% if 3~Helios Head is replaced with 2,1~Helios Head)

-------------------Meterless Corner Combos-------------------

2 Starter:
2,1,2~Apollo's Bow, 1,1,2~Apollo's Bow, 1~Zeus' Rage – 29% (32% with JIP)
2,1,2~Apollo's Bow, 1,1,2~Head of Helios, B+2*hold*,1 – 30% (33% with JIP)
2,1~Helios' Head, F+4,2, 3~Apollo's Bow, 1,1,2~Zeus' Rage – 40% (43% with JIP)

F+4 Starter:
F+4,2, 2,1~Bow of Apollo, 3~Helios' Head, 2,1~HDC, 1,1,2 – 35% (40% with blocked 1,1,2)

F+2 Starter:
F+2~HDC, F+4,2, 2,1~Bow of Apollo, 3~Helios' Head, 2,1~HDC, 1,1,2 – 40% (45% with blocked 1,1,2)

------------------- :ex Corner Combos -------------------

2 Starter:
2,1,2~Apollo's Bow, 3~Apollo's Inferno, 1~Head of Helios, 2,1~HDC, Throw – 33% (+12% from the Throw)
2,1~Helios' Head, F+4,2, 3~Apollo's Inferno, B+2*hold 2*,1 – 46% | (49% with JIP)

F+2 Starter:
F+2~HDC, F+4,2, 3~Apollo's Inferno, 1~Head of Helios, 2,1~HDC, Throw – 48% (+12 from the Throw)
F+2,2~Apollo's Inferno, 1,1,2~Helios' Head, B+2*hold 2*,1 – 48% | (51% with JIP)
JIP,F2~HDC, F4,2, 3~Bow, 3~EX Bow, 1~Helios, B2(hold 2), 1 – 58%
JIP,F2~HDC, F4,2, 3~EX Bow, 3~EX Bow, 1~Helios, B2(hold 2), 1 – 65%

For these two combos below, the crossover JIP has to be done right as the stun from Helios' Head ends. If done too early, the Throw will whiff.
JIP,F2~HDC, F4,2, 3~EX Bow, 3~EX Bow, 1~Helios, crossover KIP, back throw – 60% | 72% with Throw
JIP,F2~HDC, F4,2, 3~EX Bow, 3~EX Bow, 1~Helios, crossover JIP, back throw – 51% | 63% with Throw

------------------- Golden Fleece Combos -------------------

Melee-Parry Starter:
The Golden Fleece melee-parry combos require you to cancel the attack by dashing forward once it connects, if you don’t do this, your opponent will be sent fullscreen. That is unless you cancel it into another special, then you just input the other special when the Golden Fleece connects. Take note that every combo in this thread can be done after a successful parry, but with increased damage scaling of around 5%.

Projectile-Parry Starter:
The standing 1 BnB can be performed from anywhere on the screen, but is un-hit-confirmable from beyond jump-distance, as you have to dash~jump forward to reach the opponent before he/she lands from those ranges. If the opponent jumps forward to dodge the projectile, you can move in or stand (depending on the distance) and simply AA the opponent with 1~Helios.

The EX Helios' Head (Helios Flash) BnB can only be done from jump-distance or closer.

1~Helios' Head, JIP,F+2~HDC, F+4,2(hold)4 42% (39% without F+2~HDC)

Helios Flash, JIP,F+2~HDC, F+4,2(hold)4 53% (48% without F+2~HDC)

------------------- Unbreakable Combos -------------------
Meterless:
Zeus' Rage 13% | (6% if the prompt is failed)
NJP, Bow of Apollo – 15%
B+1-Bow of Apollo 16%
3 / F+2-Bow of Apollo 18%
Anti-Air Bow of Apollo, Repeat 20% | (17% if first arrow whiffs, 14% if first and third arrow whiff)

With Meter:
Revenge of Olympus 17% | (10% if the second prompt is failed)
NJP, Apollo's Inferno 27% | (41% with an additional Apollo's Inferno)
B+2, Apollo's Inferno 32% | (47% with a second Inferno, 41% if sixth arrow whiffs)
Anti-Air Bow of Apollo, Apollo's Inferno 29% (27% if first arrow whiffs) 41% with an extra Inferno (40% if the first arrow whiffs)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits:
Tong Lung ------- For the idea of this thread and for creating this sweet-looking list.
STB Sgt Reed ---- Giving good contributions to the thread.
Nightmayerx ---- For the last four Enhanced corner combos.

Last edited:

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
He's also got a 60% for 1 bar, i gotta go try and see if i remember it.

Tong Lung

What is a breaker?
Hey I've tested a few combos and here's the result (you've already posted some of the combos):

Kratos Combos
Input for specials:
Appollo’s Bow = Down, Forward, 2 ----- (d,f,2)
Golden fleece/ Parry = Down, Back, 1 ----- (d,b,1)
Hermes Dash = Back, Forward, 4 ----- (b,f,4)
Hermes Dash cancel = Check the HDC strategy thread by Alien Substance which contains the original HDC video guide by Teef :)
Helios Head = Down, Back, 2 ----- (d,b,2)
Zeus Rage = Down, Forward, 3 ----- (d,f,3)

Midscreen Meterless

2 Starter:
2,1~Helios Head, F4,2, 2~Appollo’s Bow, Zeus Rage – 35% | (38% with jip)
2,1~Helios Head, F4,2, F4,2 (hold),4 - 39% | (42% with jip)

3 Starter:
3~Helios Head, F4,2, 2~Appollo’s Bow, Zeus Rage – 39% | (42% with jip)
3~Helios Head, F4,2, F4,2 (hold),4 – 42% | (45% with jip)

F4 Starter:
F4,2, 2~Helios Head, Jip,F4,2 (hold),4 – 44% | (47% with jip)

F2 Starter:
F2~Hermes Dash Cancel, F4,2, 2~Helios Head, Jip, F2~HDC, F4,2 (hold),4 – 52% | (55% with jip)

Helios Head Starter:
Helios Head, Jip,F4,2, F4,2 (hold),4 – 40%

Golden Fleece Starter:
The Golden Fleece combos require you to cancel the attack by dashing forward once it connects, if you don’t do this your opponent will be sent fullscreen. That is unless you cancel it into another special, then you just input the other special when the Golden Fleece connects.
Golden Fleece, F4,2, F4,2 (hold),4 – 32%
Golden Fleece, F4,2, 2~Helios Head, Jip,F4,2 (hold),4 – 38%

1 Bar Midscreen Combos

1 Starter:
1~Helios Head, F4,2, 2~Ex Appollo’s Bow, Zeus Rage – 42% | (45 with jip)

2 Starter:
2,1~Helios Head, F4,2, 2~Ex Appollo’s Bow, Zeus Rage – 42% | (45% with jip)

3 Starter:
3~Helios Head, F4,2, 2~Ex Appollo’s Bow , Zeus Rage – 46% | (49% with jip)

F4 Starter:
F4,2, 2~Ex Appollo’s Bow, Helios Head, Jip,B2 (hold),4 – 53% | (55% with jip)

F2 Starter:
F2~HDC, F4,2, 2~Ex Appollo’s Bow, Helios Head, Jip,B2 (hold),4 – 57% | (60% with jip)

If you want to you can add these combos to the main post.

Axel_Redd

Wow, these are great! Edited into the original post and taking listing priority over mine.

It may be this one:
yup thats it, thats the one

he has some bigger ones that are highly impractical, altho i have been able to get them on certain occasions using EX helios head as an anti wakeup.

Tong Lung

What is a breaker?
The 40% combo that starts with the helios head only works at a certain distance, I've had it blocked a few times. If you're good with the HDC it doesn't matter since you can just hit-confirm a jip,F4~HDC but I'm not that good.

The 40% combo that starts with the helios head only works at a certain distance, I've had it blocked a few times. If you're good with the HDC it doesn't matter since you can just hit-confirm a jip,F4~HDC but I'm not that good.
Head of Helios can combo after a JIP most easily after used on an airborne opponent. The frames the opponent takes to land on the ground does not detract from the normal 34 frames of stun-time, while Kratos still recovers in the normal amount of frames, granting you more time to land a JIP. Note that less frames are needed for the opponent to land after getting AA'd with Helios' Head, the higher they are off the ground.

I usually like to hit-confirm using F+2xxHDC~F+4. If the F+2 doesn't hit, I will F+4xxHDC unless I can react faster and start doing a bit of pressuring after the F+2xxHDC.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Alien Substance

Been goofing around with kratos in practice mode today and came up with this for an f2 starter without the hdc (cause u find that hard to do lol)

Anyway:

F2 Helios head f42 2 ex Apollos now 1 zeus rage. 47% (49% with jip)

If it's been posted before, whoops. Enjoy :)

Been goofing around with kratos in practice mode today and came up with this for an f2 starter without the hdc (cause u find that hard to do lol)

Anyway:
F2 Helios head f42 2 ex Apollos now 1 zeus rage. 47% (49% with jip)
If it's been posted before, whoops. Enjoy :)
Thank you, Mr. Reed!

Added to the list under 1 Bar Midscreen Combos, F+2 Starter.

Axel_Redd

That involved hdcing no?

Can't do that shit. Lol
i believe i had to only HDC 1 time, and that was after the f2.

the combo goes like this:

Parry~Dash, Ex Helios head, JiP, f2~HDC, f42, 2~Ex Bow, Ex Bow, dash Zeus Rage.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Alien Substance

In any (I think, I tried it on the 38% 21 helios head combo) of the combos ending in Zeus Rage, you can add a standing 1 in just before it and get 1% more damage.

Also, I came up with a horrible combo, but it's swag b/c it has 212 in it. lol

Jip 21 helios head F42 212 ex apollos bow hermes dash. Does like 34% lol

In any (I think, I tried it on the 38% 21 helios head combo) of the combos ending in Zeus Rage, you can add a standing 1 in just before it and get 1% more damage.

Also, I came up with a horrible combo, but it's swag b/c it has 212 in it. lol

Jip 21 helios head F42 212 ex apollos bow hermes dash. Does like 34% lol
Ah! I didn't notice that. With a Zeus' Rage ender, I always do a standing 1 before it, I didn't look closely enough to notice that there was no standing 1 before ZR.

Crush. Kill. Destroy. Swag.

Would you make a meterless corner section?
Next time I play, I'll get to some meterless corner combos. I will notify you when the section has been added.

Also, I'll try Sgt. Reed's swagger Athena's Fury combo to know the precise damage info.

-----------------------------------

Defenestrator
A Meterless Corner Combos section has been added.

STB Sgt Reed
Your combo has been added to 1 Bar Midscreen standing 2 starter list. =)

Axel_Redd

this is probably old, but ive been messing with kratos lately..

jip, f2, HDC, f4,2, 2~EXdf2, 3~db2, jip, f2, HDC, f4,(2), 4... 1 bar 65%
huh....doesnt the 2 in the second f42 not usually connect? o-0

yea just tested this. seems to work on sheeva but the 2nd f4,2 doesnt want to connect properley on other characters..
Oh wow, the second F+4,2 connects on her, but not on other characters? For all this time, Sheeva has never been invulnerable to lengthened midscreen double F+4,2 combos?! Poor, poor Sheeva.

Axel_Redd

i knew it didn't work, altho i didn't know that it did work on sheeva. But yeah, unless ure fighting sheeva better to just go into HDC pressure after u get em with the helios head.

huh

Noob
Regarding Kratos High damaging combos, is there any that inflicts more than 60%?

I've seen a lot of youtube videos showcasing high damaging ones, but I'm not sure if they are still valid or they were prepatch...

for instance:

Regarding Kratos High damaging combos, is there any that inflicts more than 60%?

I've seen a lot of youtube videos showcasing high damaging ones, but I'm not sure if they are still valid or they were prepatch...
Oh yes there are. I haven't personally gotten around to getting something good, though. I don't look for Kratos combo videos, either.

In that particular video you embedded, it says it was posted by October, 2012. It should technically be valid, since Freddy Krueger was released long before that time. I learned some pretty neat tricks after watching that just now!

Whenever I have the time and patience, I'll take a look at that video and attempt to recreate some of the more execution-forgiving combos there.

Reactions: huh

huh

Noob
I was in the lab trying to come up with a good BNB unbreakable combo, and the best I've found is:

B2, Ex Appollo’s Bow, Helios Head, dash, Zeus Rage – 43% | (46% with jip)

1 bar of meter. Any other suggestions?