What's new

Kratos and tournament play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oBryant

Noob
If this game is featured at tournaments, will it be fair that the ps3 players get an extra character? What if a tournament decides to use 360's? what will kratos players do? Or will kratos be baned at tournaments? how will it work?

Dark_Rob

Noob
If this game is featured at tournaments, will it be fair that the ps3 players get an extra character? What if a tournament decides to use 360's? what will kratos players do? Or will kratos be baned at tournaments? how will it work?
MK9's first tournament is tentaively going to be at East Coast Throwdown 3. Kratos will be banned. In fact any console exclusive characters will be banned. Its simply not fair to players who may usually play on a different console. My advice to MK9 players planning on coming to tournaments to play is dont main Kratos, You wont be using him at tourneys.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I'm more than 100% certain Kratos will be banned, as will the console-exclusive character for Xbox360. It doesn't provide equal grounds if PS3 players play on Xbox360 and cannot select Kratos; likewise it's the same for Xbox360 players who may play on a PS3 and won't be allowed to select THEIR console-exclusive character. For once, this isn't a debate over banning characters because of overpowered or unbalanced abilities the characters may have (unless that changes when the game IS released).

Tim Static

Adminerator
Its already a done deal, no console specific characters will be allowed at tourneys. This is 1000% confirmed!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Not saying I disagree(I do agree) but just curious who finalizes/confirms these rules/banning exclusive characters? Us or the MK team said so or something?

I just realized in a way if Xbox gets no exclusive character, it may be a good thing(may sell less then PS, granted) but will be better online with no exclusive to use and there won't be any issues with 360 tournaments...just a thought. But that's assuming 360 gets nobody(which hasn't been confirmed yet either way)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Us.

Console-specific characters are always banned in multi-console fighters, because an entire console's playerbase is at a disadvantage in matchup experience because they don't own the game on a specific console. Not everyone has access to both a 360 and PS3, so allowing these characters is not fair at all for these players.

MKF30

Oh yeah obviously ^ in this case it wouldn't be fair to the Xbox players at offline tournaments as well as PS players at tournaments of Xbox people or just everyone.

I see nothing wrong however with casual play though, especially on PS 3 online lol you know you're going to be seeing LOTS of Kratos from the GOW fans alone online.

THTB

A lot more tourneys are switching to 360, though, Tim. Isn't WB gonna be 360-exclusive?

Momotaro

Noob
So it's a done deal. :top:

The hard part will be dealing with all of the new players that will want to use Kratos or (insert 360 character) if they get one for tournaments.

The new generation is pretty hardheaded. I should know.:)

Dark_Rob

Noob
So it's a done deal. :top:

The hard part will be dealing with all of the new players that will want to use Kratos or (insert 360 character) if they get one for tournaments.

The new generation is pretty hardheaded. I should know.:)
Its not something we are going to spring on them at the last minute. Were telling everyone now so everyone knows ahead of time. Kratos will be banned, no exceptions. Any 360 exclusive character will also be banned, no exceptions. Its not something that is going to be debated about. Its a done deal. Like wise all these new players will just have to deal with it.

MKF30

Sounds good to me, maybe there will be "exclusive character tournaments" where the opposite takes place, you can only use Kratos and/or 360 character lol.

THTB

If by the off chance that these characters become available for the other console, then they'll definitely be allowed.

Tim Static

Adminerator
lol, no you don't want that or no that idea will never happen?
no as is it will never happen. why are we still questioning this anyways?

only time ever console characters will be used in any sort of tourney would be a console specific ONLINE tourney.

MKF30

I'm not questioning it, I'm fine with banning exclusives. I was just asking you how you felt about that.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
I guess if there's enough demand from the kratos fans and more and more mk tournaments kick off, perhaps they can release a dlc costume that makes him look completely different. maybe as a new mk character with his own storyline and then release this character for xbox. Vice versa for who ever xbox get exclusively (please not master cheif!)

Quite honestly, I think that flat out banning Kratos from seeing the light of day is just a waste of a perfectly good character.

Would only allowing Kratos play if both players agree be out of the question?

Status
Not open for further replies.