What's new

KP2 Balance Patch Wishlist

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Definitely. I think a comeback mechanic in any FG is about confirming into it and getting massive damage, not popping it randomly and slowing the entire game down, it's basically a win button in this meta.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Yes. This is the only FB change I can agree on. It coming back on a miss is dumb
I don't but if it does happen I won't be upset. Having the opportunity to do it twice or more in a match just isn't game breaking to me.

Last edited:

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Even just adding more time before you can use it again would help. FBs like Erron's, Kabal's, and even Noob's can be so oppressive you have to play around them as long as they have them. The threat is almost just as bad as eating the 35%. Then even if they blow it, all of those characters have great ways to slow down the match and let it regen again in (what seems like) a few seconds.
Either making it one attempt a round or a significantly increased timer (one you're only going to run up on if the opponent is really playing with their food) would help.

craftycheese

Maybe lower the health requirement for FBs from 30% to maybe 25% or less could be a solution. I think that would reward your defense more if you get it back or make you be a little less reckless when throwing it out because you have way less health now and you're probably not going to get it back if you miss or it's blocked

Isn't he already pretty high up there on the tier lists? I mean, I'd love to see his hitbox issues resolved, but otherwise he seems like he's already in line, if not above the line, with other characters.
Yea but this is just my wishful thinking lmaoo. But realistically useful/useable krushing blows, hitbox issues, and his breakaway actually being worth using would definitely be a needed improvement. But that can be said for half the cast too.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I saw someone suggest that maybe hop attacks could popup for a combo, that could be a cool mechanic to add. Maybe make one of the hop attacks pop up, but be death on block?
that could be really cool, they could change jump kicks to hard knockdowns and jump 2 to pop up

craftycheese

that could be really cool, they could change jump kicks to hard knockdowns and jump 2 to pop up
That would be cool but they might have to revisit Terminator's short hop 1 KB since that essentially does the same thing but maybe not. It is different enough that they may not have too, kinda like how Jax's b2 still pops up even if it isn't a KB, you just get way less off of it.

I guess if I had to suggest buffs to my character which no one seems to like mentioning buffs for.

Scorpion specifically misery blade.
1. So tsuke poke needs to be a true mid. Currently there are low pokes that cause it to be low profiled. Fixing the hurtboxes could solve this issue as well, but it's worth a mention

2. Less pushback on b1,4 so that b1,4 tsuke poke works as a pressure string across the board. There's no point in making it his only plus cancel in the variation, but he can't train the opponent to not hit buttons bc of the pushback.

3. Currently b1,4 misery blade cancel is only +1 on block. Making it only a situational frame trap. I'm not suggesting anything crazy but him being +2 on block would allow him to properly use d1 to frame trap his opponent.

His mids at a little below max range or sometimes closer whiff on certain characters if they do d3. Buttons should do as they say and hit ppl. It's stupid that all throws are true mids but mids are not true mids in this game.

B2, also needs less pushback on block to allow it to properly jail on all characters. It's meant to pressure the opponent and train them to respect the poke and it just doesn't in alot of match-ups.

Also not a buff but currently his d2 will hit behind him in some cases and that's just stupid. It really shouldn't do that.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Viable/new combo paths for every character and the elimination of combo strings as a 'special move' for characters that have that burden.

Scorpion doesn't need any buffs. He is good and easy to play. He barely has any weakness.
I would consider having only 1 string that jails into tp on block quite a weakness myself. Just have to remember to keep blocking after his B14 and for everything else he cancels tp from just neutral duck and punish it. you can even interrupt the AMP after you've ducked the regular part and full combo punish it. As for his tp cancels in reborn the close cancel can also be punished iirc, as it is -8 on block. Correct me if i'm wrong, tho

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Here is what i think
Fatal Blows, one and done, don't comeback in the same round if missed, can remain with pushback
Alternate: Fatal Blows, remove pushback, full screen FB, slower startups

Breakaway - Replaced with breakers
D1 - are now special mids, can be short hopped same way lows are.
short hop 2 - KB launcher on punish of counter hit for every character with NJP animation
Armor break - allows KB moves to bypass requirements on relaunch
CH KB Activation - Reverted back to beta version, where it didn't need to be the actual move doing a counter hit, you could start a counter hit launcher and activate KB in the same combo (Scales damage heavily)
Throw tech - No longer deals damage if teched.
KB when connected to a combo there is a calling multiplier to avoid super big damage.
Kombo-able KBs - Scaling multipliers to avoid super big damages
Gravity scaling slightly relaxed.
Jump kicks - total of 5 active frames
Advancing mids with reach - can no longer be string or special canceled if FLB on first hit.

Characters
Skarlet
Standing 1 - hitbox expanded upwards
1,2 - changed to -4 instead of -6
standing 1 - cancel window relaxed by 2 frames (this allows heart pierce to jab reversal 8fs)
F34 - Her old MK9 F43 mid mid, that could go under highs, 11f startup
Armor break - vertical launch
212 - last hit recovers slightly faster on hit
Blood ball - travels slightly slower by default.
Standing 3 - startup reduced by 3 frames

NoCharge

Noob
Also they could make the character to go into ferced delayed wakeup after a breaker si that they dont punish the arracker.

I think breakaway shouldn't be tied to defensive meter and should instead have it's own guage like GG's burst. In GG you get burst pretty much twice a game

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Has anyone mentioned how throw dmg nerf and any kind of tech changes to minimize throws will severely impact the variations that completely rely on throws to open the opponent up?

FanFare, Dark Sabbath character types should see some sort of buff to balance this. And in general I'm in the camp that Kitana has gotten plenty of buffs but this will hurt several mid lvl variations.

Zviko

Noob
Has anyone mentioned how throw dmg nerf and any kind of tech changes to minimize throws will severely impact the variations that completely rely on throws to open the opponent up?

FanFare, Dark Sabbath character types should see some sort of buff to balance this. And in general I'm in the camp that Kitana has gotten plenty of buffs but this will hurt several mid lvl variations.
Tyler already confirmed FanFare is getting buffed/fixed damage on throws when she has the buff on from projectile absorb.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Tyler already confirmed FanFare is getting buffed/fixed damage on throws when she has the buff on from projectile absorb.
I don't play the full roster so FanFare just came to mind. But at base roster I know when we were all playin chars there were many variations that clearly relied on the throw mix for their ability to open the opponent up.

Will these variations be left by the wayside? Bc not every variation has plus frames, an auto shimmy, easy jailing, etc

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Royal protection is ass and if they don't properly buff it this time...it'll still be useless and this buff will barely matter.

I would consider having only 1 string that jails into tp on block quite a weakness myself. Just have to remember to keep blocking after his B14 and for everything else he cancels tp from just neutral duck and punish it. you can even interrupt the AMP after you've ducked the regular part and full combo punish it. As for his tp cancels in reborn the close cancel can also be punished iirc, as it is -8 on block. Correct me if i'm wrong, tho
All teleport cancels are punishable