What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal switching sides in the corner

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I've gotten that jump cross up on neutral jumps, but never off a jump in punch. At least, I think it was a jump in, super weird.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
There's a weird cross up you can get with an instant jump 1 off of df2. BUT you will only corpse hop off of forward throw in the corner.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I'll say about Kotal's 114; pre-MKXL I used Kotal alot and sometimes when I knock somebody down in the corner I do 114 as they're standing up so if they block I'm at frame advantage. It always worked perfectly fine before, never had any problems. But I did kind of start to notice now in MKXL when I try to pressure with 114 in the corner after a knockdown, many times I find myself going through their body as they're standing up and now I end up in the corner whiffing 114. Just a couple days ago I knocked Gunshow down in the corner and ran up to 114 pressure as he was standing up, and for some reason Kotal turned around and starting whiffing 114 facing the opposite direction. Then Gunshow proceeded to run up from behind me and whiff punish me for a full combo lmao

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I'll say about Kotal's 114; pre-MKXL I used Kotal alot and sometimes when I knock somebody down in the corner I do 114 as they're standing up so if they block I'm at frame advantage. It always worked perfectly fine before, never had any problems. But I did kind of start to notice now in MKXL when I try to pressure with 114 in the corner after a knockdown, many times I find myself going through their body as they're standing up and now I end up in the corner whiffing 114. Just a couple days ago I knocked Gunshow down in the corner and ran up to 114 pressure as he was standing up, and for some reason Kotal turned around and starting whiffing 114 facing the opposite direction. Then Gunshow proceeded to run up from behind me and whiff punish me for a full combo lmao
Working as intended

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Here's an improvement for you. Before uploading such tech, you need to buy a USB stick to store the saved videos from PS4, and then upload them in YT. Like this, we won't know which is which. The camera aren't the best option to record anything. ;)

TheGangstaFace

Yeah I know about this, I made a thread about it a while back cuz I swear to god Kotal didn't have this till XL but I guess I was crazy lol. Funny enough though I hardly used the tech. If anything I used it to mix up grabs. Appreciate the tag though

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it

Skip to 6:40. That's the first time I've seen it midscreen but it happens a lot in the corner. I played against STB Krizbe just yesterday and as he was standing up I did b1 with Kotal and it switched sides. He was using Kung jin
That's F'ed up

TheGangstaFace

Think of it like this. You would figure "why would this change with XL" but with the last patch, gravity for some characters combos actually changed. Kung Lao's divekick for instance, we had to change our combo after landing a raw divekick. Weird stuff happens with patches sometimes