What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Kotal switching sides in the corner

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
So I have a huge problem and I'm sick of it. I've tried to bring it to NRS's attention but guess what? I'm not a professional player so NRS could care less about what I have to say no matter how important. So if anyone else has this issue please speak up or if you've played against Kotal and seen this happen, please say something. When I have my opponent in the corner and I'm using Kotal, if i'm performing a string before the player can stand up it puts ME in the corner and it has cost me TONS of matches. I'm sorry I haven't provided match footage and will do so next time it happens or later when I go into practice. I'm so pissed off about this I didn't even think about it and came straight here. As I said, if you've experienced this in match then speak up please.

E

Eldriken

What string are you using? If it's b122, it moves you forward, so you might be "corpse hopping", so to speak.

If it's another string, then you will need to specify.

However, my only suggestion would be to wait a little before you start pressing buttons after knocking them down.

TheGangstaFace

Yeah I understand that but it's never been a problem until the XL update and I noticed it in the beta

TheGangstaFace

Also it doesn't matter. I've had my opponent in the middle of standing up and it still switched sides

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
This has happened to me quite a bit. Last time it happened twice in once match, I threw my opponent in the corner, and when he stood up I was now in the corner. Never ever happened pre-XL, and it's not that big of a deal, it's just a small inconvenience.

TheGangstaFace

This has happened to me quite a bit. Last time it happened twice in once match, I threw my opponent in the corner, and when he stood up I was now in the corner. Never ever happened pre-XL, and it's not that big of a deal, it's just a small inconvenience.
Corner positioning can make a HUGE difference. It happened in my esl match. I'm also starting to think its not just a kotal thing. In @Pig Of The Hut 's new video against dsv tink tink he switched sides MID SCREEN for no reason which made him miss the rest of his string

Tweedy

Noob
Oh my god I know what you're talking about. It used to happen to me all the time like a few weeks ago. I changed something subconsciously, since I can't remember what it was lol.

Wish I could help. Definitely sucks.

TommyKing5

You might be right. Either way they need to get it fixed. When you're playing casuals you can get over it but if I'm competing this isn't okay in the slightest
It definitely does need to be fixed. It hasn't happened in a tournament setting for me as of yet, so what I said about corner positioning was wrong, I apologise.

E

Eldriken

It's a corpse hop just lab with it and turn it into tech. Cross up wake ups . If u use properly it could work for you
Yeah, it could wind up being useful if labbed properly. But I'm willing to bet this shit will be character-specific in so many ways because of breathing hitboxes and that kind of stuff.

TheGangstaFace

It's a corpse hop just lab with it and turn it into tech. Cross up wake ups . If u use properly it could work for you
It's not corpse hopping ._. Trust me I know what that is. Corpse hopping is when your opponent is laying on the ground and you move through them. This happens on non corpse hopping moves AND as the opponent is already in the middle of standing up

TheGangstaFace

Do you have a video or more detailed scenario?

Skip to 6:40. That's the first time I've seen it midscreen but it happens a lot in the corner. I played against STB Krizbe just yesterday and as he was standing up I did b1 with Kotal and it switched sides. He was using Kung jin

TommyKing5

If it happens again, I will post a clip. Happened to me at most five times within 24 hours so it shouldn't be too hard to replicate. Will get on it as soon as I get home.

TommyKing5

I have been able to replicate it in practice. Here's a short video showing three examples with three different hurtboxes and strings. I now think it's a bug that came with either XL or the 1.13 patch.

Wigy

There it is...
I have been able to replicate it in practice. Here's a short video showing three examples with three different hurtboxes and strings. I now think it's a bug that came with either XL or the 1.13 patch.

Dude thats a straight up corpse hops half the cast has and have always had that? Kotal included (off his f2 and f12 definitely)

What happened to pig is different as his character hit backwards