What's new

Kotal right now

This is so sad. I picked him up in MKX just to learn the match up and literally fell in love with how he played, his move set and just his overall character. A total badass that will Sparta kick your ass back to full screen if he needs to.
I do really like his background and aesthetic. Somebody who is unquestionably a better ruler than the tyrant Shao, but doesn't really fit the Earthrealm character's definitions of "heroic" or "good" due to cultural differences.

I'm a good Kotal but that doesn't mean shit when the only time you win is because your opponent just doesn't know the match-up due to a complete lack of Kotal Khan players. Doesn't matter how good the player is if that character has 0.5/10 of what the vast majority has.
Again, read my quote carefully. I am saying as a Kotal player, use someone else against another Kotal player so that you understand his tools on both sides of the match up. This helps legitimize what he is good at in match ups more. This literally agrees with what you just said about playing someone with no Kotal knowledge does not help learn about Kotals strengths and weaknesses.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Guys, u gotta watch CEO pool 1, this dude FuriousPillow is tearing shit up with kotal. He played hella clean and ACTUALLY makes Kotal work.

You can still see some of the problems the characters has (mostly wonky hitboxes), but goes to show the character is NOT trash. He is not good and definitely has some problems, but yea, he went into the uphill battle and definitely proved the character is not AS BAD as people make him out to be.

In the Match against hayatei you can clearly feel that he has no clue how to fight kotal but the stuff pillow does and his reads are on point. Definitely a very surprising and dominating performance. I would’ve not expected top players to be that unprepared for total and essentially get bobbed.

Kudos to him, made me really happy and I’m looking forward to seeing what else he can pull off :)

Guys, u gotta watch CEO pool 1, this dude FuriousPillow is tearing shit up with kotal. He played hella clean and ACTUALLY makes Kotal work.

You can still see some of the problems the characters has (mostly wonky hitboxes), but goes to show the character is NOT trash. He is not good and definitely has some problems, but yea, he went into the uphill battle and definitely proved the character is not AS BAD as people make him out to be.

In the Match against hayatei you can clearly feel that he has no clue how to fight kotal but the stuff pillow does and his reads are on point. Definitely a very surprising and dominating performance. I would’ve not expected top players to be that unprepared for total and essentially get bobbed.

Kudos to him, made me really happy and I’m looking forward to seeing what else he can pull off :)
Honestly really a fun upset, but I don't think it fundamentally changes how people are going to think about Kotal for the reasons you said. It's good to confirm that you can win with any character though. The Erron player also played really poorly, in my mind. He had a life lead in many of the rounds and didn't lean heavily on the tools he could abuse Kotal with, rifle + F4. Pillow was more ready for the moment. Bringing an off-meta character always gives you a possible advantage of lack of matchup knowledge, but the Erron player also seemed very flustered by the prospect of being the victim of an upset.

I commend furiouspillow for beating hayatei, but it looked like he didnt know the matchup. His match against beyondtoxin was very hard to watch, it was clear he knew the kotal match up and furious took one of the worst beatings on stream. for the record, i think furious is great, i blame kotals tools

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Honestly really a fun upset, but I don't think it fundamentally changes how people are going to think about Kotal for the reasons you said. It's good to confirm that you can win with any character though.
Yup, I agree. He made kotal look pretty good though, I was happy he had some success now!

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
I commend furiouspillow for beating hayatei, but it looked like he didnt know the matchup. His match against beyondtoxin was very hard to watch, it was clear he knew the kotal match up and furious took one of the worst beatings on stream. for the record, i think furious is great, i blame kotals tools
Damn, I didn’t get to watch that yet haha
Oh well, it was kinda bound to happen I guess