What's new

Kotal Kahn Video Thread

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
@Qwark28 I've watched several of the matches so far, and I've noticed that you (and pretty much all Ascension players) never go for j3/j4xxCommandGrab. Didn't you post some videos in the past about how that's a good tic grab option? How come ppl don't go for it?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
@Qwark28 I've watched several of the matches so far, and I've noticed that you (and pretty much all Ascension players) never go for j3/j4xxCommandGrab. Didn't you post some videos in the past about how that's a good tic grab option? How come ppl don't go for it?
jumpkicks were nerfed 2 patches ago, they're no longer + 99% of the time and IIRC cannot be cancelled into specials anymore.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Haven’t played this character in a long time so forgive my rust. Looking to try to improve with him. Welcome all feedback. Thanks a lot in advance

Immortal

Blind justice....
I only watched liked 15 minutes of it but my thoughts are as folow:

vs Skarlet you can go 3 routes:

a) cat instead of totem which easily shuts down her zoning
b) cut and play up close, her buttons suck ass (i like this way the most)
c) totem and healing which you did (works fine but you can get destroyed by smarter Skarlet players with teleport in their customs)

Most Kotal players overal go either for cat or cut, it to covers most of the MUs. Totem is fun but imo not that great, most characters want to be close and wont allow you to get totem for free like this dude did.

The most obvious thing i think you should improve is mixing timing on F2, this is crucial on high level, where people flawless block it ALL the time and you get punished hard. You need to be less obvious with it, whiff 1 before doing F2 or even d1 (ofc spacing is key to not get punished) etc...

Another thing, use more strings, at very least add 3,4 which is great has good reach and leaves you at 0 or +1 depending on distance. Don't go for full B2,2,3 string, its death on higher level they can just straight interrupt it or flawless block it either way you eat full combo in return. If you want to use B2,2 (which is great to catch people trying to advance on you) cancel it into parry if they block it.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I only watched liked 15 minutes of it but my thoughts are as folow:

vs Skarlet you can go 3 routes:

a) cat instead of totem which easily shuts down her zoning
b) cut and play up close, her buttons suck ass (i like this way the most)
c) totem and healing which you did (works fine but you can get destroyed by smarter Skarlet players with teleport in their customs)

Most Kotal players overal go either for cat or cut, it to covers most of the MUs. Totem is fun but imo not that great, most characters want to be close and wont allow you to get totem for free like this dude did.

The most obvious thing i think you should improve is mixing timing on F2, this is crucial on high level, where people flawless block it ALL the time and you get punished hard. You need to be less obvious with it, whiff 1 before doing F2 or even d1 (ofc spacing is key to not get punished) etc...

Another thing, use more strings, at very least add 3,4 which is great has good reach and leaves you at 0 or +1 depending on distance. Don't go for full B2,2,3 string, its death on higher level they can just straight interrupt it or flawless block it either way you eat full combo in return. If you want to use B2,2 (which is great to catch people trying to advance on you) cancel it into parry if they block it.
Thanks for the feedback.