What's new

Kotal Kahn Video Thread

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
No brutality at the end? :D
Maaan I swear I held down but it didn't come out smh

Here's the rest of the set where I got washed for a bit cause I kept dropping KK dash 12, didn't block enough and guessed wrong a lot on wakeup, including messing up the timing on roll a lot and getting blown tf up. I brought it back in the end tho, and just for my ego I'll point out that my recording didn't catch the first 4 matches where I went 3-1 :D

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Maaan I swear I held down but it didn't come out smh

Here's the rest of the set where I got washed for a bit cause I kept dropping KK dash 12, didn't block enough and guessed wrong a lot on wakeup, including messing up the timing on roll a lot and getting blown tf up. I brought it back in the end tho, and just for my ego I'll point out that my recording didn't catch the first 4 matches where I went 3-1 :D

Don't use dash 12 vs females to compensate for lag, it doesn't work off of any kahn cut landed further than point blank e.g f3 kahn cut 12.

Use f12 instead and try to adapt to the lag, you'll drop the same amount.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
The Scorpion match, the guy bagged me so I murdered him twice and the Sub player pulled his cord. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
nice matches. I get anxiety every time your opponent has a pixel left and you do anything other than use sun lol :p
Ha, yeah. Sunlight just has that hella long startup, and if the opponent uses FB it will vanish. That said, I have started cancelling into it after an opponent blocks my F24, since it cuts through last breath. Of course, if the opponent has too much health then you eat a full combo.

Last edited:

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Ha, yeah. Sunlight just has that hella long startup, and if the opponent uses FB it will vanish. That said, I have started cancelling into it after an opponent blocks my F24, since it cuts through last breath. Of course, if the opponent has too much health than you eat a full combo.
You're right, but I give no f's: I go for sun even when I shouldn't lol

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Just got to Demigod using only Totemic. Next up is God. First match is against Wound Cowboy ;)

Great matches as always!
1 thing I'd recommend: when trying to go for a string into unblockable, I like going for f2xxdb4. everyone is expecting f24 into something, so cancelling after the f2 only is a nice little surprise. I like saving this for like the very end of a close game/set, when I need to clutch out that last 10-15% life

Jeffrey Wolf

Good call. I normally do unblockable after I confirm that they blocked the F24 but you're totally right, F2 into it is more unexpected. So, if I have oki priority and I see that they have too much life left for F24 into Sunlight to kill, I can do F2 into Slam. I like it. Thanks!

Jeffrey Wolf

What do you think of totemic overall? I feel it's currently on par with ascencion with it's ups and downs.
I actually think Totemic is a fair bit better than Ascension. There's a number of matches that I find Totemic wins, probably around 10 or so, while I don't know any winning MU for Ascension. Once I get higher in Demigod and learn more through doing it, I'm going to make a strategy video focused on why I think Totemic has a clear edge.

If you haven't tried much Totemic yet, I recommend it. I think you'll like the better oki, both in terms of getting it more often and having more options, as well as better zoning and much greater movement, which Kotal normally lacks.

Slymind

Noob
I actually think Totemic is a fair bit better than Ascension. There's a number of matches that I find Totemic wins, probably around 10 or so, while I don't know any winning MU for Ascension. Once I get higher in Demigod and learn more through doing it, I'm going to make a strategy video focused on why I think Totemic has a clear edge.

If you haven't tried much Totemic yet, I recommend it. I think you'll like the better oki, both in terms of getting it more often and having more options, as well as better zoning and much greater movement, which Kotal normally lacks.
Totemic is my go to variation, i only use Ascension in certain matchups like Jacqui(1st round KO) where it will be a close range game for the most part.

Jeffrey Wolf

Totemic is my go to variation, i only use Ascension in certain matchups like Jacqui(1st round KO) where it will be a close range game for the most part.
Ah, that makes sense. Though, I like that since Jacqui has no full screen presence, you can do setups at range. That said, I definitely hear the value of getting out of pressure with tick Command Grab and tick Kahn Kut. I could also see Ascension being useful against Geras and Scorpion since both completely shutdown Totemic's long range setups. I just don't know if I want to trade oki and corner carry for it...could be a moot point once the 3rd variation comes out, but I'm skeptical how good that variation will be if they don't reuse any special moves.

Slymind

Noob
Ah, that makes sense. Though, I like that since Jacqui has no full screen presence, you can do setups at range. That said, I definitely hear the value of getting out of pressure with tick Command Grab and tick Kahn Kut. I could also see Ascension being useful against Geras and Scorpion since both completely shutdown Totemic's long range setups. I just don't know if I want to trade oki and corner carry for it...could be a moot point once the 3rd variation comes out, but I'm skeptical how good that variation will be if they don't reuse any special moves.
I'm guessing they are reworking some moves, because of the time they are taking to release the 3rd variations, and i sure hope so because some moves are simply next to useless. Kotal Kahn's delay yecame disk is an example, it would make sense if they gave him armor when he delays so you could tank projectiles and fish for that crushing blow disk, but as it is, you basically waste a bar for a even longer startup.

Jeffrey Wolf

I hope you're right, Sly. Time will tell I guess. Until then, I'm going to try to take Totemic as far as it can go because I think it's fairly slept on right now. All the best as you do the same.

Btw, like the 40K profile pic.