What's new

Kotal Kahn General Discussion

Note: no-one should feel like they need to switch from Buluc just because Asc is a bit better. It's just that the worse a match is going for you, the less time and fewer opportunities Buluc has to set their stuff up, while Ascension starts strong and can just focus on what is best right now.

Last edited:

Error404

Noob
Gave Buluc a spin last night. I'll be honest I haven't labbed it much. Totems kept coming out in different spots. Is there an additional input you have to do, or do they just get placed randomly?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Gave Buluc a spin last night. I'll be honest I haven't labbed it much. Totems kept coming out in different spots. Is there an additional input you have to do, or do they just get placed randomly?
They are placed near your current position. You have to stand close to the already placed totem for the next one to be placed on top of it.

Shang is one of the people with an 8f jab, Totemic can spam amp kitty on them without getting punished (you do put yourself into a -8 guessing game, but still)... Though being too obvious about it gets you hit by the corpse drop, which is NOT a projectile.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
yes, corps drop is cancer. One kotal-veteran told me, that i can flawless block ground erruption and punish Shang Tsung with f2

You both operate at the same mid distance, only she's the one with projectiles and a fast mid, and she can pressure with augers instead of moving herself forwards..

It's certainly not the best for Kotal.

• Downward-angled jumpkicks like Kotal's can now be negative frames if they hit high. So the higher you hit a blocking opponent, the fewer buttons you should be hitting after.
  • The jumpkick option select doesn't help Kotal much - you can do jumpkick DF2 (but both saw and Kahn-cut miss at max range), or you can do sunlight/totem.
  • Kabal/Scorpion get auto-piloted full combos from the O/S, so you shouldn't risk anti-airing them.

Last edited:
Since when was F24 -7 on block? Am I tripping or didn't this used to be -4?

EDIT
Now that I'm looking back on all his strings F4 pushback vs crouch blockers appears to be more than I remember??

EDIT 2
Never mind F4 is same

Last edited:
I'm curious if it works as a good AA now. Because the first hit hitbox is super solid for AAing it's just that hitting even remotely high in the air pretty much guaranteed you were in whiff city

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I'm curious if it works as a good AA now. Because the first hit hitbox is super solid for AAing it's just that hitting even remotely high in the air pretty much guaranteed you were in whiff city
The juggle of the first hit is completely different. It's like they're stuck in the air now. I think it will work.

Shang is one of the people with an 8f jab, Totemic can spam amp kitty on them without getting punished (you do put yourself into a -8 guessing game, but still)... Though being too obvious about it gets you hit by the corpse drop, which is NOT a projectile.
Did this match-up yesterday and it's still not fun to go up against.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Not in certain MUs--he's actually favored--and once you get used to him he can be used effectively against most of the cast.