What's new

Kotal Kahn General Discussion

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
That's untrue, unless it changed with the recent patch. I tested being in the middle of blockstun while the totem expired by itself, and I received health back. I should probably make a video about this considering how often it comes up =)
Then maybe it changed with the patch, because this is one of the main reasons why I dropped totemic the few times I tried it.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
So with the new sunlight numbers too, you can tank up to 230 damage combos in the corner now which is pretty nice lol.

As far as blood totem, it's a long game. But when it pays out, God damn it is oppressive. Every session I play it I usually get one godly amount that they just pause the game or drop the controller and just looks at me defeated lol.

You do have to be vigilant with summoning, but you also have to be Rock solid on defense and know when to cash out. With the new cat dash frames it lets you meaty f2 and wave throws etc. But I try and back dash summon every now and then when they are scared etc. Or after f34 hits. If I already have a 2 stack I will almost always take hits to 3 stack.
New sunlight numbers? Did the sun beam get a buff?

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
That's untrue, unless it changed with the recent patch. I tested being in the middle of blockstun while the totem expired by itself, and I received health back. I should probably make a video about this considering how often it comes up =)
If you could I would appreciate it very much.

Kahn Cut is one of the main reasons I'm not much into Kotal in this game lol. I hated that move since the first time I went into practice mode with him. Wacky visuals and sound effects and juggle ugh.

I'm trying to play Totemic after the Buffs now and I'm having fun with him.
It really bothers me that Kahn Cut is a sunlight beam. The move it replaces involves taking a sword and trying to saw the opponent in half...literally cutting them deeper and deeper by moving the sword back and forth. Why the fuck is that not called Kahn Cut? It's a cut! There's cutting involved! That is a great way to describe what's happening there!

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
It really bothers me that Kahn Cut is a sunlight beam. The move it replaces involves taking a sword and trying to saw the opponent in half...literally cutting them deeper and deeper by moving the sword back and forth. Why the fuck is that not called Kahn Cut? It's a cut! There's cutting involved! That is a great way to describe what's happening there!
I totally read this in George Constanza's voice. lol

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Kahn Cut is supposed to be a wordplay on uppercut

DanCock

Cock Master!!
hey kotal mains. i have started using him (im currently trying the whole cast until sindel arrives) and i stickied some threads that i thought were good information. are there any more you guys feel i should sticky??

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
hey kotal mains. i have started using him (im currently trying the whole cast until sindel arrives) and i stickied some threads that i thought were good information. are there any more you guys feel i should sticky??
This one:

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I forget, is it 100,000 for a new skin from the shrine? and then 75,000 for a new gear piece?

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I distinctly remember someone posting either here or in Discord a matchup chart for both his variations. Does anyone have that? I can't seem to find it

Just had a KL set where I lost 1 round because the second hit of my FB didn't combo, and another round because Kotal's FB apparently only has armor up till the first hit. Either round would have given me the set but I ended up going down 1-2

I've never been so tilted.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Yeah, using Kotal's FB to anti air is trick because of that. Didn't realize about the no armor between the first and second hit. Gtk.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Why does Kotal’s s4 have cancel advantage frames in the moves list? Is that an error? Because I tried cancelling it into stuff and doesn’t work :/