What's new

Kombos

Who thinks scorpion needs another juggle option besides enhanced hellport? I enjoy scorpion but find my kombos and mix ups predicted by experienced players and end up getting punished. Any suggestions to help the scorpion community be deadlier or advice to the devs? I mainly juggle off standing 3 into another special move which leads to a max 11 hit kombo but seems this is the only way to reach that high, alot of kharacterz seem to have more options.

I do not think he needs more. Hell port is his combo launcher.
And enhanced spear (less practical), and D2, F34 KB.

I think it is pretty enough.

I did not understand the "predicted and punished by experienced players". Do you want safe combo launcher leads to 300 damage?:)

Sub zero has only ice ball which is the "same" as teleport. And he is totally fine.

Skarlet has only 1 string which is a launcher.
Kabal has nomad dash, etc.

Who thinks scorpion needs another juggle option besides enhanced hellport? I enjoy scorpion but find my kombos and mix ups predicted by experienced players and end up getting punished. Any suggestions to help the scorpion community be deadlier or advice to the devs? I mainly juggle off standing 3 into another special move which leads to a max 11 hit kombo but seems this is the only way to reach that high, alot of kharacterz seem to have more options.

I did not understand the "predicted and punished by experienced players". Do you want safe combo launcher leads to 300 damage?:)

Sub zero has only ice ball which is the "same" as teleport. And he is totally fine.

I agree that what he has going on is good enough, but I think we need an option to give him a low combo starter special or overhead in the customization area, unless I am mistaken most of his added moves are mid or highs making it obvious if your switching to overhead since he has one move that hits overhead and he has about 2 low starting strings so he is an easy character to predict when you have learned the different ways he can start hits, by no means do i want huge damage combos that make people rage I just think he is too easy to defend against if you know whats coming

He’s S tier according to Reo lol. If even you notice that you’re being predictable just change your way of playing then. Kombos are like 25% of the fight
I think he has a good setup just want to be ab
Which means nothing, since game is on week 1.

To answer the op, he's designed to be decent at combo department with bar, not so much without it, which is fine considering all his other tools.
I agree, i just have a hard time with defensive players with this character in particular, I will figure something out

Also Sub Zero's ice ball is not the same, it does not need to be meter burned to start off a kombo and I have seen it used and abused in the middle of strings that come from low and high

I think he has a good setup just want to be ab

I agree, i just have a hard time with defensive players with this character in particular, I will figure something out
Start using throw to open up people. If you need 50/50 oh/low mixup Scorpion will not be your friend.
Scorpion will throw you and when you press button to avoid it he will punish you hard for it. Except if you are sub zero lol.

For Oh/low 50/50 you will need to look after another char (sub maybe).
Not everybody like that playstyle though and miss the oh/low mixup. In mk11 it is limited much more than it was in mkx.

Also Sub Zero's ice ball is not the same, it does not need to be meter burned to start off a kombo and I have seen it used and abused in the middle of strings that come from low and high
Of course and Scorpion can use hell port from high-mid strings too. I meant "the same" that way.
Offensive bar usage is different way. Sub can use it other way. Scorpion will use it for launchers. That does not mean it is not good.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.

To answer the op, he's designed to be decent at combo department with bar, not so much without it, which is fine considering all his other tools.
Y’all be forgetting they played this game for like 2 months before we did.lol

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter

I was being ironic man
He can’t be S in a million years the way he is now

Start using throw to open up people. If you need 50/50 oh/low mixup Scorpion will not be your friend.
Scorpion will throw you and when you press button to avoid it he will punish you hard for it. Except if you are sub zero lol.

For Oh/low 50/50 you will need to look after another char (sub maybe).
Not everybody like that playstyle though and miss the oh/low mixup. In mk11 it is limited much more than it was in mkx.
Thanks for the advise, scorpion may not be the one for me in this one, was really hoping he was since I enjoyed him and takeda so much in X, anyone similar to takedas playstyle?

Thanks for the advise, scorpion may not be the one for me in this one, was really hoping he was since I enjoyed him and takeda so much in X, anyone similar to takedas playstyle?
If you played Ninjutsu Scorpion before they made the F2 sword 2nd hit overhead you could have played that way. He was not an 50/50 machine, either and throw vs. F2 threat was the big game - besides the footsies.
With the patched OH sword he could play a bit more oh/low mixup too but it was more of a conditioning too.

I did not play/like Takeda in MKX though - from gamestyle point of view. :)
But Mk11 scorpion is not mkx Takeda either.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
He's S tier so stahp complainin and git gud.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Scorpion is the third best character in the game alongside Erron and Sonya. He has vast options in the neutral, he cannot be zoned or spaced out and he has insane range. Watch some high level matches with him.

kills., he does have a pretty descent 38% 1 bar combo.

Enhance spear F3,2 teleport amplify, F3, F3, DF4.